- RSS Channel Showcase 8939389
- RSS Channel Showcase 7532928
- RSS Channel Showcase 4511923
- RSS Channel Showcase 4016707
Articles on this Page
- 12/05/16--14:06: _Dirtybird Clothing ...
- 12/08/16--07:03: _Senior Accountant a...
- 12/19/16--10:28: _Operations Intern &...
- 12/20/16--18:25: _Digital Strategy Ma...
- 01/04/17--09:59: _Hopeless Records Se...
- 01/10/17--08:10: _Razor & Tie/Was...
- 01/11/17--09:35: _Korrect SW Ltd seek...
- 01/11/17--09:43: _Accounting Assistant
- 01/18/17--11:25: _Mom+Pop Music Seeks...
- 01/19/17--08:45: _Blue Engine Records...
- 01/19/17--08:50: _Blue Engine Records...
- 01/20/17--07:03: _Internship, Mexican...
- 01/23/17--08:03: _Senior Programmer &...
- 01/25/17--10:50: _ADA seeks Sales/Mar...
- 01/26/17--07:44: _E7MG Seeks a Creati...
- 01/27/17--12:34: _Mass Appeal Records...
- 01/27/17--15:18: _Beggars Group US se...
- 01/30/17--11:57: _Secretly Distributi...
- 01/30/17--17:32: _Sales & Marketi...
- 01/31/17--12:08: _Redeye Worldwide Se...
- 12/05/16--14:06: Dirtybird Clothing Production and Online Store Manager Position
- 12/08/16--07:03: Senior Accountant at Reservoir Media, New York, NY
- 12/19/16--10:28: Operations Intern – Part Time
- 12/20/16--18:25: Digital Strategy Manager Position at Indie Record Label
- 01/04/17--09:59: Hopeless Records Seeks Finance Coordinator
- 01/10/17--08:10: Razor & Tie/Washington Square Seek Publicity Manager
- 01/11/17--09:35: Korrect SW Ltd seeks Royalty Accountant
- 01/11/17--09:43: Accounting Assistant
- 01/18/17--11:25: Mom+Pop Music Seeks Assistant to President
- 01/19/17--08:50: Blue Engine Records/Jazz at LIncoln Center seeking Product Manager
- 01/20/17--07:03: Internship, Mexican Summer
- 01/23/17--08:03: Senior Programmer – ONErpm
- 01/25/17--10:50: ADA seeks Sales/Marketing Manager
- Coordination of advertising alongside compiling various account specific newsletters
- Put together agendas and take notes on weekly conference calls (ex. Opportunity Call, Label Development, SLO/New Release Calls)
- Put together account and label reports and presentations for Sales & Label Development
- Manage promo allocations for the field and offices
- Involved in liaising with creative services
- Manage NYC Office Intern hiring & paperwork process
- In conjunction with the labels and accounts, create, present, and execute sales/marketing plans to achieve specific goals with regard to new releases and catalog
- Maintain an understanding of accounts’ major initiatives and logistical processes
- Provide consistent communication on developments at physical accounts to the labels
- With help from WMG Sales Analysis, conduct ongoing analysis of product sales and make recommendations to the ADA labels and account base to mutually grow our businesses
- In addition, this person is responsible for achieving all company objectives in the areas of sales goals, advertising and marketing, supply chain management, market share growth, operational efficiency, and profitability
- Work with labels on creative marketing programs to drive awareness of releases through:
- Third party partnerships
- Higher level marketing opportunities with our current account base
- Relationships with key lifestyle sites e.g. blogs, social media, etc.
- A passion and interest in developing artists and music
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management, follow-up skills, organizational skills with ability to prioritize workload, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the retail landscape for physical music – specifically vinyl
- 2+ years sales experience in sales & marketing
- Experience or knowledge of independent labels or distribution
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel
- Proficient MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, social media platforms, SoundScan, Mediabase
College degree or equivalent business experience preferred
ADA was created in 1993 to focus on the independent music business, where some of the most successful artists and record labels have built their initial followings – including labels such as Atlantic and Elektra that form the backbone of WMG. ADA marries the effectiveness and convenience of a major label with the marketing sensibilities of an independent. ADA’s partners include Alligator, Bar None, Beggars Group, Comedy Central, Domino, Epitaph, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Matador, Merge, Mute, Nettwerk, New West, Real World, Smithsonian Folkways, Sub Pop, Tommy Boy, Vice, and many others.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2017 Warner Music Inc.
- 01/26/17--07:44: E7MG Seeks a Creative Marketer (Title TBD)
- 01/27/17--12:34: Mass Appeal Records seeking Product Manager
- 01/27/17--15:18: Beggars Group US seeks Finance/Royalties Coordinator in NY office
- 01/30/17--11:57: Secretly Distribution Seeks a Production & Inventory Specialist
- 01/30/17--17:32: Sales & Marketing Internship, Mexican Summer
- 01/31/17--12:08: Redeye Worldwide Seeks Account Representative
Need a highly detailed professional who can source and produce clothing for Dirtybird records and its affiliated artists. You will be working with designers, printers, wholesalers and cut and sew contacts (that you may already have) to make sure every item is completed on time and to the highest standards. Your job as production manager is to make sure the production schedule is on track and that every item is completed without errors.
You will create a system of proofs and pre-production samples that will get approved by our staff and then follow those items through every step of production until they are finished products – ready for sale online and at music events.
You will also be responsible for shipping schedules. You will not be required to design new garments but you will need to know where to find blank materials or where to get clothes produced once the designs are finished.
You will also manage the online store, helping create the store, developing a process for inventory and manage someone who’s shipping the product to consumers.
This is a huge opportunity for someone who understands direct to consumer fashion marketing and the music clothing business. Experienced, detail-orientated professionals will only be considered. You will report to the owners. Medical benefits provided and compensation based on experience. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Reservoir Media
Reservoir is an independent music publisher based in New York City. Founded as a family business in 2007, the company began with a small, experienced team and a modest collection of long-standing hits. Today, with offices in Toronto and London, over 100 #1 releases worldwide, and writers based everywhere from Hollywood to Hamburg, Reservoir has emerged as the boutique publisher with a global reach. Reservoir continues to grow through the selective acquisition of exceptional catalogs, and the signing and development of creative talent from around the world.
Serve as the singular accounting resource in Reservoir’s New York City headquarters and coordinate all accounting related activities across the Vancouver, Toronto, New York and London offices. Report directly to the VP Finance of Reservoir. This role requires a high level of accounting skills, and offers a variety of strategic and hands-on responsibilities in an exciting, professional growing organization.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements (consolidated and un-consolidated).
• Manage timing and delivery of any externally required reporting.
• Manage all payments for approval through banking and accounting system.
• Spearhead the selection and integration of a new accounting system to support the company’s growth.
• Develop high level of proficiency with Reservoir’s royalty software system Music Maestro (Counterpoint) by Vistex.
• Ensure timely attention to hands-on duties including journal entries (cash and non-cash).
• Reconcile general ledger to multiple bank accounts and entities (multiple currencies).
• Act as key administrator for Concur expense management platform and American Express credit card portal.
• Serve as liaison between Reservoir and corporate auditors to prepare audited financial statements.
• Develop accounting policy procedures manual.
• Lead the team in communication with external parties conducting due diligence or valuation work.
• Conduct currency exposure analyses and provide hedging recommendations on a semi-annual basis.
• Act as a liaison between the company and parent entity for reporting purposes.
• The role requires a Bachelor’s degree, an active CPA license and demonstrated experience in accounting.
• Experience building, consolidating, and tying out financial statements.
• High level of proficiency using Microsoft Excel.
• Advanced experience with accounting software systems commensurate with competently evaluating, configuring and integrating accounting software to meet the needs of a growing organization.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Team player who can work with people both in the office and in remote locations.
• Experience in accounting in the music publishing, recorded music, publishing or other entertainment or high transaction intellectual property based business highly desirable.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Competitive salary, target bonus, health benefits, 401K matching and other benefits will be offered to the successful finalist.
To apply for the role or recommend a qualified candidate, send a confidential email to Reservoir’s exclusive recruiting partner at email@example.com.
Operations Intern – Part Time
We are looking for a new person to add to our growing team and it could be you! If you love our bands, have the know how, and feel like we would be crazy to not hire you, we hope you will apply right away! Please email with your resume, a little bit about yourself and any examples of what you can do.
You will be doing anything you can to help Hopeless Records and our artists while upholding our company principles. You will be under the Operations Department staff to assist the team in their day to day activities including graphic design, merchandise operations, managing/sorting inventory, and more! There will also be projects outside of the Operations Department, in which you will be involved in other departments so you gain the best, all around experience at Hopeless!
Requirements (Sorry if you don’t meet these, this is not the internship for you)
• Proficient in Photoshop, Microsoft Office (Excel specifically), and Google Drive/Apps.
• Available to work at least 2 full days a week, the more you are here the more you will learn, but we require 2 days minimum
• We are located in Van Nuys, CA (Near Los Angeles). We need you to be located there too, at least for the duration of your internship and have reliable transportation!
• Although we are working all the time, our official hours are Monday – Friday 9:30am to 6:30pm, your availability will need to fit into that. We are pretty flexible in case there are conflicts with school, work, etc. Just give us a heads up 🙂
• At least 18 years old
• Able to work in Van Nuys, CA. We are a bit of a ways from the LA area, so please make sure you are able to get to and out of the valley with reliable transportation! Note: If you’re UBERING, this is YOUR responsibility if that is your method of transportation.
• Prior industry experience is a great plus, but not required. A motivation to be part of an awesome experience is enough!
• Meet the requirements, obviously you are here to learn and we will help you, but they are there for a reason. Don’t apply to do design work if you don’t know how. You will be required to send a portfolio of your work to show you are capable of doing so, if needed.
• Be responsible, trustworthy, friendly and uphold our company principles at all times.
• Have a knowledge and love of our bands and our larger music community.
• Be awesome! You’re going to be part of an awesome environment with amazing people who are going to give you a GREAT learning experience!
**Feel free to include any graphic design samples in your application
**Note: This is an unpaid internship, but school credit is available.
To apply email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Internship
Van Nuys, CA
Photoshop, Microsoft Office (Excel specifically), and Google Drive/Apps: 1 year
DIGITAL STRATEGY MANAGER POSITION AVAILABLE
MUST HAVE PRIOR MUSIC BUSINESS WORK EXPERIENCE.
Bright Antenna is the best independent record label in the San Francisco Bay Area and we are looking for an experienced Digital Strategy Manager. We have global partnerships with Warner Music Group and ADA Label Services. Our offices are located in Mill Valley, CA (across the Golden Gate Bridge just north of San Francisco).
Please familiarize yourself with the artists we work with before you send us a resume to make sure it’s your cup of tea. In your cover letter tell us your 3 favorite albums of all time, a little bit about what music means to you, and what your salary expectations are. IF YOUR COVER LETTER DOES NOT CONTAIN THIS INFORMATION, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Resume and Cover Letter can be sent to email@example.com
Digital Strategy Manager:
• Overseeing and developing relationships with key digital platforms and streaming and label partners.
• Work in conjunction with our team to execute both regional and global marketing campaigns and other initiatives for our artists, tours and label.
• Development and maintenance of streaming strategy for our artists.
• Playlisting strategy for our artists across multiple platforms.
• Work closely with DSPs to secure placements and marketing priority.
• Providing Social Media strategy and insights as it pertains to our campaigns.
• Work closely with our social media coordinator to create and execute paid digital marketing campaigns, including coordinating content creation.
• Identify, analyze and interpret analytics and trends in DSP data.
• Regularly feed data, analytics and global digital trends back to the rest of the company.
• Development of our CRM Strategy
• The successful candidate will be well-connected across digital platforms and will have proven experience of running digital marketing campaigns and streaming initiatives.
• They will have excellent relationship-building skills and be able to provide detailed and useful reports for artists, management and the labels.
• Must love music and understand “fan” mentality
• Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
• Strong sense of community and excellent customer relation skills
• Strong attention to detail, particularly in terms of reporting and content creation
• Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
• Excellent Communication Skills with the ability to convey information effectively across multiple levels of management and cross departmental
• Excellent MS Office Skills
• Strong sense of accountability, willing to take responsibility
• Able to thrive in a time sensitive “under the gun” capacity
• Ability to think conceptually while planning and attending to details
• Self-motivated, highly detail-oriented and organized
• Ability to learn quickly, adapt to new technologies and be self-directed
• Strong sense of aesthetic and branding
• Requirements for this role are at least 2 years experience in a similar role, excellent communication and organizational skills, and to be able to work on multiple artists/projects at the same time.
• Extensive digital/platform knowledge, including strong knowledge of emerging music and social technologies.
• Prefer experience working at record labels and directly with artists, artists managers, booking agents and fans
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
Hopeless Records – Van Nuys, CA
Data entry and management of expense details within budgets.
Coordinating payments to vendors within our accounts payable system.
Working with marketing & operations teams on tracking planned expenses and due invoices.
Job Requirements (Sorry if this does not describe you it’s not going to be a good fit)
Must be trustworthy, responsible, detail oriented, friendly and able to uphold our company principles at all times.
Proficient in all basic office computer skills (Email, google documents, excel, etc.)
Hold a Bachelors Degree or have equivalent work experience.
1-2 years of accounting/book keeping experience preferred.
Live in and able to work in the Los Angeles area.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Razor & Tie and their imprint Washington Square are seeking a Publicity Manager to join their NYC based team. Please send resumes to Jamie Farkas, email@example.com
• Create, implement and manage results-oriented national publicity campaigns for assigned artists
• Plan and oversee press days, events and appearances for assigned artists
• Write and edit press releases, bios, media alerts, press kit contents and other materials
• Select press photos and hire/manage photographers for live shows and photo shoots
• Develop and manage relationships with artist managers as well as key decision-makers at all traditional (newspaper, magazine, TV) and online publications/media outlets, key tastemakers (i.e. influential bloggers)
• Extensive tour press
• Secure asset premieres
• Create opportunities for content creation with key media outlets
• Expand and maintain publicity and entertainment contact database
• 3-5 years of prior publicity/media relations experience required at a record label or music-centric independent firm
• Must have established media contacts and relationships on a national and regional scale
• Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with managers, artists, department heads
• Passion for innovative and effective publicity campaigns; outgoing and creative personality a plus
• Positive attitude, ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment, multi-tasking and prioritizing a must
• Excellent command of language with strong writing, telephone and interpersonal skills
• Must be highly organized and deadline-sensitive
• Knowledge of and passion for music and pop culture
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Royalty Accountant.
• Onboard and account manage clients
• Train new clients and assist in setting up data in the system
• Provide royalty and software support to clients
• Assist in improving operations and cross-functional collaboration
• Follow-up with team members, to ensure awareness of and response to open/outstanding client issues to ensure customer satisfaction
• Travel to work onsite with clients within the US and abroad
• Other duties as directed or required
• Previous royalty and customer service experience
• Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in MSOffice (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and the ability to learn
new software as required
• Demonstrated ability to produce work that demands accuracy, attention to detail, and
expediency whilst meeting tight deadlines
• Data validation – any Excel / SQL query skills will be favorable
• Must be able to work independently with little supervision
ABKCO Music and Records is one of the world’s leading independent entertainment companies. It is home to iconic catalog assets that include compositions and recordings by Sam Cooke, The Rolling Stones, Bobby Womack as well as The Animals.
ABKCO is searching for a highly organized candidate for this position. The ideal candidate is a recent college graduate with a degree in accounting, finance and or minor in music business.
The position would provide support to the finance department including accounting, bookkeeping, CD and Vinyl inventory control and high volume of data entry, filing and scanning.
If you are looking to gain further experience in the finance field with vast exposure to the music business industry and work for a medium-sized, fast-paced company then this is part-time position for you.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel (pivot tables, v-look ups)
• Sage 300 ERP a plus
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to keep information highly confidential
• Work closely with finance team and support all areas of accounting
• Maintaining the finances and day to day for all physical product which includes, budgets, creating and receiving invoices and purchase orders
• Maintain inventory control of all physical component (CD, Vinyl)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant to President of Mom+Pop Music Company
Goal: To identify someone that can take sincere pride in helping air traffic control and assist Executive at a independent and family run business.
Job Description Tasks:
• Interaction with Staff: Responsible for keeping and organizing all information from staff. Likability is less important than respect in this case.
• Run Calls: Being able to prioritize which ones in which order. Polite, succinct and persuasive when need be.
• Meetings: Organizing and coordinating meetings with music industry clientele, assistants, etc.
• Travel: Coordinating flights, cars, hotels, transportation.
• Music: To back up and organize A&R on music library.
• Contact/Data Base: Updating and organizing. It’s the life blood of any business.
• General Organization: Holder of important documents to be kept in order and filed (physically and digitally).
*Access to highly important financial and company business. Discretion and protection of this information is imperative. If anything were to leave the President’s office (i.e. be shared with roommates, friends, staff, etc) this job won’t work out.
• Thoroughness: To take the extra steps when needed.
• Discretion: Handling proprietary information.
• Proactive: Critical.
• Music Passion: This is a lifestyle job. If you don’t live it and love it, this is not the job for you.
• Skills: Good with technology, organizing within music library and other formats, savvy with Microsoft and Apple products, etc.
• People Skills: Excel in dealing with planes with no seats, restaurants with no tables and hotels with no rooms.
• Communication: Responsive and good at it.
Homework: Please send us your resume. More importantly, a cover letter that can touch on giving us a snapshot of who you are. This can include but is not limited to: what ambitions you have, what area of the label would you have interest to grow into, your first concert, bands that changed your life, reasons why we should hire you? Think of this as if you were writing to a friend about the opportunity. This cover letter is weighted more than the resume so have at it! Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.
- Job Opening: Manager, Social Media
The Social Media Manager is responsible for managing all Jazz at Lincoln Center’s social media channels, including those of Blue Engine Records. The Manager will serve as a digital strategist, and writer and editor of JALC social content in service of its mission to engage a wide audience in watching, listening, purchasing, supporting, and learning about JALC initiatives and jazz generally.
• Working with a cross-functional team of content creators and producers, design and implement tactical plans, ensuring that all social media messages, measurement and content are relevant to both the target audience and the brand objectives.
• Schedule and edit Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Tumblr accounts, as well as other outlets as they emerge or are deemed relevant, defining content needs and managing the scheduling, posting, and analysis of content and calls to action across all such platforms.
• Accountable for social media content creation and managing publishing schedules.
• Manage online community across all JALC brand channels.
• Contribute to an editorial calendar and coordinate with content creators, audio and video producers, and the Marketing and Brand & Audience Development Departments.
• Source and create news, trivia, resources and information to engage JALC’s online audience as a complement to other content created by the organization.
• Work with and support Audience Development to test, optimize, and scale audience conversions (ticket, album and merch sales and donations) —and build, optimize and manage advertising campaigns on social platforms as directed.
• Monitor, respond to, or assign and track comments, @ replies, and messages about JALC, its programs, and events in social media while keeping internal staff abreast of the activity.
• Analyze and track different approaches to content distribution and audience engagement in social media, look for new trends, and support or assist Audience Development reports on qualitative and quantitative data findings.
• Monitor trends in social media channels, tools and metrics and appropriately apply that knowledge to increase the effectiveness of social media.
• Further develop the Micro Concert Network (MCN) and direct outreach efforts to existing concert broadcasters.
• Additionally, Manager will support production output and marketing efforts of JALC albums, merchandise, online donations, and other products as directed.
• A BA/BS is required or equivalent work experience will be considered.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience executing demonstrably – successful social media marketing and digital programs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Extensive understanding, knowledge, and passion for jazz (its key figures, history, current trends, etc.).
• Experience managing and populating an editorial calendar with multiple channels and content verticals.
• Proven understanding of emerging platforms, online communities and industry trends.
• Strong editorial copywriting experience.
• Experience with social dashboards and onlinr content management ystems.
• Familiarity with digital analytics and media tracking tools.
• Experience managing digital content production.
• Ability to succeed in fast-paced NYC arts environment with many internal and external partners.
• Genuine enjoyment of extensive social interactions and online communities.
• Superb organizational and analytical skills.
• Full time (Mon-Fri) plus some evenings and weekends as required
• Commensurate with experience
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Manager, Social Media in the subject line.
Jazz at Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job Opening: Product Manager
Jazz at Lincoln Center seeks a Product Manager to oversee development and production of institutional content including but not limited to audio, video, and web products, first and foremost Blue Engine Records album releases. The role includes managing a departmental production schedule and adhering to tight deadlines, communicating project statuses, managing vendor relationships, routing copy and content for approvals, and securing any necessary permissions from internal and external stakeholders.
This is a strong individual contributor role that works collaboratively across all aspects of the Brand and Audience Development department.
The ideal Product manger is a collaborative and confident music lover and digital native, eager to contribute to the development of new Jazz at Lincoln Center content and products to engage and expand our global community for jazz.
• Ensuring the on time and on budget delivery of products including but not limited to albums, videos, and digital content.
• Managing the entire product life-cycle from concept to design and through launch
• Conducting needs assessments, competitive research, user research and market analysis to inform product development and strategy
• Managing media deliverables to and from post production teams to enforce media management and editorial processes
• Serving as the primary point of contact between the Brand and Audience Development team and external project contractors and vendors including artists, mixing and mastering engineers, manufacturers, and distributors.
• A BA/BS is required or equivalent work experience will be considered.
• 3+ years of product and project management experience managing music, video, and/or technology-enabled products, with a preference for record label experience.
• Solid grasp of product life cycle, from concept to design, development, deployment, operations, and maintenance
• Experience and motivation working in a high growth environment
• Fundamental project management skills and competency
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with a keen eye for details.
• Deep understanding of production processes for both traditional and digital media
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and writing skills
• Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate with managers and co-workers
• Extensive understanding, knowledge, and passion for jazz (its key figures, history, current trends, etc).
• Ability to succeed in fast-paced NYC arts environment with many internal and external partners.
• Genuine enjoyment of extensive social interactions and online communities.
• Superb organizational and analytical skills.
• Record label experience preferred.
• Full time (Mon-Fri) plus some evenings and weekends as required
• Commensurate with experience
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include Product Manager in the subject line.
Jazz at Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Mexican Summer, an independent record label located in Brooklyn, New York, is currently seeking applicants for a summer internship program. Many internships within the company have grown into full time employment. The only requirements are that you work hard, want to learn more about the music industry and are available at least two days a week.
* Oversee Vinyl, CD and Print inventory
* Manage component assembly of exclusive deluxe, limited edition releases
* Process and fulfill customer orders
* Work closely with sales manager to initiate solicitation strategies for new releases
* Coordinate with bands to supply merch for tours
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
ONErpm, a global leader in music and video distribution, rights management and online marketing, is seeking a Senior Programmer.
Candidate must have at least 5 years of professional experience and have expert proficiency and experience in the following:
– Delivery of music to stores (xml, ftp)
– Receiving music delivery from label partners
– Processing sales reports from stores (csv)
– Internal reporting for marketing and sales (sql, csv)
– Technical and operations documentation
– Monitoring operations
– Team management and project coordination/planning
– Music format conversion – wav, flac, mp3, ogg
– Video encoding
– Amazon Web Services – EC2, S3, RDS – Aurora, Cloudfront
– Code versioning – SVN, GitHub
The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, proactive, and results oriented; passionate about music, digital media and entertainment; able to solve complex technical and operational problems in a constantly evolving industry and workplace. Must work well with others, be able to manage teams and projects, and show commitment to completing deliverables on time.
Salary and benefits commensurate upon experience. Please email email@example.com.
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Alternative Distribution Alliance (“ADA”) is a worldwide service organization committed to independent artist and label development. As part of Warner Music Group, ADA gives the indie record labels and artists access to an unparalleled global distribution system and a dedicated team that provides a complete spectrum of marketing, merchandising, promotion, and music licensing services.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
Eleven Seven Music Group (E7MG) is seeking an experienced and creative marketer. This is a full-time, New York based opportunity. This is a position that serves as a senior member of the marketing team. The ideal candidate will lead continued development and growth of roster’s rock and alternative artists. We are looking to hire a highly motivated and organized leader with impeccable communication skills. Must be a positive person and be able to come up with the ”big idea.” Preferred but not required that the candidate has a background from an independent record label with strong knowledge of alternative rock music. Title and compensation DOE.
Responsibilities will include:
Create, implement and drive multi-phase domestic and international marketing plans for artists on the alternative and rock imprints of the record label(s).
• Marketing includes creative branding, strategy, timelines, and monitoring execution of radio, digital, publicity, retail, touring, tour marketing, licensing, and strategic & integrating marketing with artists on the roster.
• Working with digital marketing department to engage, grow and activate artist and label communities.
• Liaise between artists, management, and distributors to coordinate label timelines and objectives in conjunction with artist’s management timelines (touring, album releases, book releases, press hits, etc.)
• Budget creation – responsible for the creation, budgeting, and implementation of content for each release
• Work w. COO and CFO to create and monitor recording budgets for each campaign and phase.
• Find marketing partners to participate in each release
Oversee production and content creation – work with artists, managers, producers and creative directors to create all elements in association with the label’s artists, including logo, album artwork, photo shoots, music videos, etc. based upon macro album marketing initiatives and strict timelines/deadlines.
• Work hand-in-hand with the physical and digital production teams at US distributor
• Duties include but not limited to:
• Monitoring finished product and artwork to fulfill retail orders
• Sale/Retail 1-sheets and weekly marketing updates
• All manufacturing – layered artwork, mastering, BOM/PO w/in distributor deadlines and specs
Email Resume to HarrisM@10thst.com
*Title and compensation DOE.
Mass Appeal Records is an urban alternative record label that serves as the sonic extension of the Mass Appeal brand. Birthed in May 2014, Mass Appeal along with hip hop icon Nasir “Nas” Jones, have created a powerful platform that aims to shine a light on DIY artists emerging from the many pockets of urban culture. At Mass Appeal Records, we share the same passions that our artists possess; we’re as devoted to promoting the music as they are to making it. Our developing artist roster includes Nas, Dave East, DJ Shadow, Fashawn, Boldy James, J Dilla, Mannie Fresh and more. We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our team immediately. All interested parties may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org – please ensure you mention your salary expectations.
• Reporting to the Managing Director, the Product Manager for Mass Appeal Records is primarily responsible for coordinating and maintaining the smooth workflow of the record release process whilst helping maintain the catalog.
• Work with artist management to ensure timely delivery of all assets, including the requisite metadata information and registering it with all the various societies.
• Coordinate the entire production process, sourcing turnkey manufacturing solutions as well as working with the internal design team to ensure timely delivery of art + music, within distributor deadlines.
• Act as a point of contact between internal departments & external partners regarding overall campaign development, production timelines, deliverables and deadlines related to each project.
• Work in conjunction with the team on the strategy for label development including retail initiatives, promotional campaigns, develop street teams, social networking, website, etc.
• Organize and oversee the Mass Appeal Records online store along with managing Inventory for the label.
• Work with the Managing Director as a point of contact for our retail distributors, giving weekly recaps to their team, as well as developing overall retail strategy and project specific plans.
• Works in conjunction with international partners, ensuring all tools and deliverables are distributed in a timely fashion, as they relate to each project.
• Work with the Managing Director to develop process and systems to ensure the label is organized and poised for growth.
• Excellent knowledge of the independent music landscape, particularly urban music and culture, with at least 2-3 years working for a record label
• Extremely organized self-starter with a proactive approach to management; with an attention to detail
• Creative strategist with a willingness to take an unorthodox approach to promotion of the label; must be able to work independently
• Ability to communicate with all levels of management, talent and third party entities
• Some basic knowledge of Keynote, Photoshop, Excel
• Familiarity with registering music with Soundscan, SoundExchange and Mediabase.
Position: Finance/ Royalties Coordinator
We are an international group of independent record labels, primarily based in NY and London. We’re looking for someone with appropriate experience and attention to detail who would enjoy a position in a hard-working yet casual environment.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, and 401(k).
A thorough knowledge of royalties and accounting concepts, rather than rote data entry, is essential in completion of all duties.
Royalties responsibilities shall focus on recording agreement and mechanical license interpretation for the generation of both artist and mechanical statements. This will involve processing of distributor statements and general ledger data, systems management, audit claims and general inquiry response.
In addition to Royalties Department duties, full charge bookkeeping will be a dual component of this position.
While all aspects of general ledger activity will be encountered, from interpretation of source documents through month-end close, there will be a focus on Accounts Receivable. Maintenance of customer accounts, collections, and A/R reporting will be key.
Supplemental analysis will be required, primarily through spreadsheets.
• Minimum 3 years related work experience.
• Strong proficiency in Excel is required. Experience with Korrect and/or Netsuite systems a plus.
• College degree (business related preferred but not necessary).
• Ability to multi-task, with a strong work ethic allowing self-set goals.
Submit application to:
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Secretly Distribution is seeking a full time Production & Inventory Specialist to work out of our Bloomington office.
Production & Inventory Specialist Description: Act as point person for all inventory related concerns across SD Warehouse, SD Sales Team, and SD Label Group.
Handle New Release Stock Logistics:
Vet Manufacturing Timelines and planned qty’s for new releases
Manage Overall Aspects of SD Inventory:
Monitor stock levels w/ SD team and Initiate represses with labels when necessary.
Monitor list of back catalog represses and communicate timelines to SD staff.
Grab regular physical counts of stock on hot titles and/or incoming new releases to verify against internal databases.
Liase between labels and Bellwether Manufacturing for quality control issues.
Occasional warehouse assistance:
Provide occasional order and/or project assistance.
Canvas internal databases for regular reporting/adjusting of title availability.
* Health, vision, dental and life insurance
* Nine Paid holidays
* Paid vacation days
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Jessie LaJoie, Human Resources Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mexican Summer / Anthology is seeking an enthusiastic intern to assist the Sales & Marketing and Production team. The intern will gain a solid understanding of the inner-workings of an independent record label as well as assist in all stages of a project, from the manufacturing of the record, through the promotional campaign, and beyond release date. Internships are located at our office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. This position is unpaid, but we offer a $10/day stipend.
Internship minimum of 2 months. At least 2-3 days a week.
Sales / Marketing
Maintaining label profiles across streaming platforms
Working closely with sales team on retail program submissions (Google Play, Amazon, iTunes)
Track and maintain any program approvals
Assist with the delivery of webstore and venue sales reports
Assisting warehouse staff with tour / retail mailings
Sourcing deluxe components
estimating / forecasting manufacturing costs
File / Metadata / Inventory management
Send applications to email@example.com
Redeye Worldwide is looking to fill a newly opened position for an Account Representative working in our Hillsborough, North Carolina headquarters (Durham/Chapel Hill area).
Primary purpose of the job:
This job consists of duties primarily focused on growing the sales of Redeye’s retail account base, both digital and physical. Our ideal candidate will have both sales and customer service experience, as well as a strong passion for music and the labels we distribute.
Significant duties of the Account Representative include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In close communication with Sales Manager and Director of Sales & Label Strategy to discuss priorities, goals, and trending sales.
- Directly reps independent retail and digital accounts as assigned by Sales Manager.
- Responsible for getting orders for relevant accounts by associated due date.
- Responsible for prospecting new accounts as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Facilitates the set-up of any value-adds at indie retail accounts.
- Executes marketing designated by the marketing and label strategy departments.
- Discuss with Project Managers to coordinate any promotions or marketing.
- Ships applicable orders each day.
- Give outstanding customer service to all accounts – accounting questions, etc.
- Achieve set monthly sales goal based on dollars billed.
- Achieve set number of calls each day to account base.
- Stays in regular contact with entire account base via phone and email.
- Set-up Redeye-centric promotions outside of accounts standard marketing opportunities.
- Represent Redeye & Yep Roc Music Group at industry events functions, shows, and meetings.
- Any other duties at the request of the Sales Manager and Director of Sales & Label Strategy
- Some sales experience and a strong passion for music needed. A general knowledge of marketing would be an added benefit.
- Basic understanding of web programs, email, social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and Microsoft Word/Excel is mandatory. Knowledge of Redeye’s catalog and systems, such as Netsuite and C-Panel will be needed once trained.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, have the ability to multitask and communicate clearly and effectively. Must be able to problem solve and provide conflict resolution when needed.
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letters to Alex Ashkenes at firstname.lastname@example.org