- RSS Channel Showcase 3442497
- RSS Channel Showcase 3238782
- RSS Channel Showcase 2859753
- RSS Channel Showcase 8296382
Articles on this Page
- 02/01/17--18:20: _Operations Intern &...
- 02/06/17--14:26: _Business Affairs Ex...
- 02/07/17--11:27: _A to Z Media seeks ...
- 02/08/17--16:59: _Bright Antenna Reco...
- 02/09/17--09:33: _Artist Marketing As...
- 02/13/17--09:04: _E7MG Seeking a VP/D...
- 02/14/17--12:42: _Manager, A&R Ad...
- 02/15/17--13:28: _Regional Promotions...
- 02/16/17--13:20: _Director, National ...
- 02/17/17--15:48: _Stem seeks Digital ...
- 02/22/17--14:36: _BWSCD, Inc. seeks F...
- 02/23/17--11:38: _Dim Mak Records see...
- 02/24/17--13:40: _Production
- 02/28/17--14:15: _PANDISC/STREETBEAT/...
- 03/02/17--10:04: _Label Seeking Sub-d...
- 03/06/17--08:19: _E7MG Seeking an Off...
- 03/08/17--11:32: _Bandzoogle Seeking ...
- 03/08/17--19:54: _Stones Throw Record...
- 03/13/17--12:07: _VP D2C/Merchandise ...
- 03/17/17--09:02: _Digital Strategy Co...
- 02/01/17--18:20: Operations Intern – Part Time
- 02/06/17--14:26: Business Affairs Excutive – Secretly Group (BWSCD,Inc)
- 02/07/17--11:27: A to Z Media seeks Front End Web Designer / IT
- 02/08/17--16:59: Bright Antenna Records Seeks Digital Strategy Manager
- 02/09/17--09:33: Artist Marketing Associate – ONErpm
- 02/13/17--09:04: E7MG Seeking a VP/Director of Marketing – Title TBD
- 02/14/17--12:42: Manager, A&R Administration
- 02/15/17--13:28: Regional Promotions Assistant, Merge Records
- 02/16/17--13:20: Director, National Radio Promotion – eOne Music/Last Gang Records
- 02/17/17--15:48: Stem seeks Digital Platform Coordinator
- 02/22/17--14:36: BWSCD, Inc. seeks FT Information Technology Project Liaison
- 02/23/17--11:38: Dim Mak Records seeks Production Manager
- 02/24/17--13:40: Production
- 03/02/17--10:04: Label Seeking Sub-distributor
- 03/06/17--08:19: E7MG Seeking an Office Manager/Receptionist
- 03/08/17--11:32: Bandzoogle Seeking Front end designer
- A strong portfolio of live URLs that demonstrates your ability to create modern, responsive web designs.
- Expert level HTML5/CSS.
- Experience with SASS or LESS.
- Experience using Git.
- Productive in a distributed team environment. Our 20 member team is spread across Canada, Europe and the US; we work where we love to be.
- Competitive salary based on location and experience, plus performance bonuses.
- A fast paced startup atmosphere, with the stability of an established (14 year old!), profitable company.
- A family-friendly schedule — no overtime or weekends, flexible work hours.
- 100% health insurance coverage for US and Canadian employees.
- Reimbursement of home office expenses, computer, and coworking spaces.
- Time and resources for learning, including reimbursement of books and conferences.
- Yearly meet-ups in fun locations, family included!
- 03/08/17--19:54: Stones Throw Records Seeking Marketing Director
- 03/13/17--12:07: VP D2C/Merchandise Sales and Marketing
- 03/17/17--09:02: Digital Strategy Coordinator
Operations Intern – Part Time
We are looking for a new person to add to our growing team and it could be you! If you love our bands, have the know how, and feel like we would be crazy to not hire you, we hope you will apply right away! Please email with your resume, a little bit about yourself and any examples of what you can do.
You will be doing anything you can to help Hopeless Records and our artists while upholding our company principles. You will be under the Operations Department staff to assist the team in their day to day activities including/but not limited to merchandise operations, managing/sorting inventory, creating/updating day-to-day systems, and more! There will also be projects outside of the Operations Department, in which you will be involved in other departments so you gain the best, all around experience at Hopeless!
Requirements (Sorry if you don’t meet these, this is not the internship for you)
• Proficient in, Microsoft Office (Excel specifically), and Google Drive/Apps. Photoshop/Illustrator is a PLUS.
• Available to work at least 2 full days a week, the more you are here the more you will learn, but we require 2 days minimum
• We are located in Van Nuys, CA (Near Los Angeles). We need you to be located within the proximity of the LA area , at least for the duration of your internship and have reliable transportation!
• Although we are working all the time, our official hours are Monday – Friday 9:30am to 6:30pm, your availability will need to fit into that. We are pretty flexible in case there are conflicts with school, work, etc. Just give us a heads up 🙂
• At least 18 years old
• Able to work in Van Nuys, CA. We are a bit of a ways from the LA area, so please make sure you are able to get to and out of the valley with reliable transportation! Note: If you’re UBERING, this is YOUR responsibility if that is your method of transportation.
• Prior industry experience is a great plus, but not required. A motivation to be part of an awesome experience is enough!
• Meet the requirements, obviously you are here to learn and we will help you, but they are there for a reason. Don’t apply to do design work if you don’t know how. You will be required to send a portfolio of your work to show you are capable of doing so, if needed.
• Be responsible, trustworthy, friendly and uphold our company principles at all times.
• Have a knowledge and love of our bands and our larger music community.
• Be awesome! You’re going to be part of an awesome environment with amazing people who are going to give you a GREAT learning experience!
**Feel free to include any graphic design samples in your application
**Note: This is an unpaid internship, but school credit is available.
Job Type: Internship
Van Nuys, CA
Photoshop, Microsoft Office (Excel specifically), and Google Drive/Apps: 1 year
Apply by emailing us a note to email@example.com about why you want to intern with us along with your resume.
Please don’t send to any other email address or call. No need to send multiple times or follow up, it will not help, it will only make us cranky. Because this internship is so awesome we unfortunately we receive far too many applications than we can personally respond to and we cannot accommodate all the people we would like. We will review all submission and if we think you are a great fit we will be in touch, if you don’t hear from us, please don’t be sad, you can try again when new positions are posted.
Music Business Affairs Executive, Secretly Group
The BWSCD, Inc. (dba Secretly Group) Business Affairs department provides global business and legal affairs support to the Secretly-affiliated companies, including independent music labels Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, Secretly Canadian and The Numero Group, as well as independent music distributor Secretly Distribution, artist management company Fort William Artist Management and independent music publishing company Secretly Publishing.
High Level Job Description:
We are seeking a lawyer to act as a music business affairs executive, capable of drafting and negotiating agreements on behalf of the Secretly-affiliated companies, including deals with artists, distributors, technology vendors, licensors, digital services and more. She/he shall be able to advise on and execute business strategy for Secretly-affiliated companies, as well as provide guidance to other Secretly-affiliated departments. The successful candidate will help us ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure. The successful candidate will be based in either New York City or Bloomington, Indiana, and will be required to spend time in both cities.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Draft and negotiate each business unit’s agreements, including intra company agreements as well as deals with artists, distributors, technology vendors, licensors, and digital services.
• Work closely with the team to ensure that all agreements are accurately summarized and communicated to relevant departments
• Provide advice and guidance in developing and implementing new business strategies, including with respect to label arrangements, artist arrangements, digital platforms, digital sales, video distribution, digital asset management/delivery, and non-traditional physical retail
• Advise and assist Secretly-affiliated companies in developing and executing company’s overall business goals
• Manage corporate entities, including the supervision of corporate board meetings
• Provide ongoing legal advice and guidance to Secretly-affiliated companies, including, with respect to digital retail arrangements, digital operations, privacy, antitrust issues, and other arrangements with retailers
• Ensure compliance with contractual and legal obligations, including the participation in the development and implementation of contract-related policies and procedures
• Strong negotiating, analytical, and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to successfully interface with business affairs team, outside attorneys, senior management, and general staff
• Decision making skills that are based on ethics and integrity
• Ability to keep abreast of legislative changes regarding copyright throughout the world
• Experience setting internal governance policies and managing the impact of external factors
• Ability to anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Sound and practical business judgment
• Attention to detail and the ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly
• Ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities, most of which operate on a time sensitive basis
• Familiarity with the music industry and independent music companies
Preferred Professional Experience:
• At least 3 years relevant transactional legal experience preferred
• At least 2 years of music industry experience preferred
• Active license to practice law in either Indiana or New York
• Health, Vision, Dental and Life insurance
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation days
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Front End Web Designer / IT
A to Z Media is looking for a creative Front End Web Designer that has WordPress experience.
We’re laser focused on a responsive mobile theme, and have a Bootstrap framework. This position will work to incorporate new client center, website and existing back end system (contract to potential hire).
Design, code, test, and document rails applications, including some design tasks.
Work on every level of the stack – front-end to back-end, and everything in between
Extend existing applications through enhancements and integrations with third-party platforms.
Assist in estimating time required to complete projects.
Make our on line presence and systems flawless and user friendly
Other duties as assigned.
3 years production experience with online portfolio for review
Associate’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
Good design and function aestics
Work as part of a team in fast paced atmosphere.
Hours and Location:
Monday-Friday, 9:30 am-6:00 pm. Position based in NYC.
Please email resumes to: email@example.com
DIGITAL STRATEGY MANAGER POSITION AVAILABLE
MUST HAVE PRIOR MUSIC BUSINESS WORK EXPERIENCE.
Bright Antenna is an indie record label in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are currently looking for an experienced Digital Strategy Manager to join our Mill Valley team. Our offices are located across the Golden Gate Bridge just north of San Francisco. We have global partnerships with Warner Music Group and ADA Label Services, as well as Cadence/Fontana/Universal in Canada.
Please familiarize yourself with the artists we work with before you send us a resume to make sure it’s your cup of tea. In your cover letter tell us your 3 favorite albums of all time, a little bit about what music means to you, and what your salary expectations are. IF YOUR COVER LETTER DOES NOT CONTAIN THIS INFORMATION, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Resume and Cover Letter can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
DIGITAL STRATEGY MANAGER
• Oversee and develop relationships with key digital platforms and streaming and label partners.
• Work in conjunction with our team to execute both regional and global marketing campaigns and other initiatives for our artists, tours and label.
• Development and maintenance of streaming strategy for our artists.
• Playlisting strategy for our artists across multiple platforms.
• Work closely with DSPs to secure placements and marketing priority.
• Provide Social Media strategy and insights as it pertains to our campaigns.
• Work closely with our social media coordinator to create and execute paid digital marketing campaigns, including coordinating content creation.
• Identify, analyze and interpret analytics and trends in DSP data.
• Regularly feed data, analytics and global digital trends back to the rest of the company.
• Development of our CRM Strategy.
• Must have prior music business experience!
• The successful candidate will be well-connected across digital platforms and will have proven experience of running digital marketing campaigns and streaming initiatives.
• They will have excellent relationship-building skills and be able to provide detailed and useful reports for artists, management and the labels.
• Must love music and understand “fan” mentality.
• Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
• Strong sense of community and excellent customer relation skills.
• Strong attention to detail, particularly in terms of reporting and content creation.
• Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Excellent Communication Skills with the ability to convey information effectively across multiple levels of management and cross departmental.
• Excellent MS Office Skills.
• Strong sense of accountability, willing to take responsibility.
• Able to thrive in a time sensitive “under the gun” capacity.
• Ability to think conceptually while planning and attending to details.
• Self-motivated, highly detail-oriented and organized.
• Ability to learn quickly, adapt to new technologies and be self-directed.
• Strong sense of aesthetic and branding.
• Requirements for this role are at least 2 years of experience in a similar role, excellent communication and organizational skills, and to be able to work on multiple artists/projects at the same time.
• Extensive digital/platform knowledge, including strong knowledge of emerging music and social technologies.
• Prefer someone with experience working at record labels and directly with artists, artists managers, booking agents, and fans.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
Artist Marketing Associate
ONErpm, a global leader in music and video distribution, rights management, and online marketing, is seeking a junior-level Artist Marketing Associate. Candidate can be located in either Nashville or New York.
– Keep track of and organize upcoming releases and marketing drivers
– Communicate with global marketing teams to execute marketing strategies for international releases
– Pitch priority new music releases to curators at Spotify, iTunes, Tidal etc.
– Create reports, presentations, and case studies detailing successes
– Develop copy for social media posts, newsletters, and email marketing campaigns
– Onboard artist YouTube channels into the ONErpm network
– Strong organization, including the utilization of Google Docs and Sheets
– Ability to plan ahead and adhere to strict deadlines
– A strong communicator through email and on the phone; personable and relatable
– Familiarity with Spotify / Apple Music / YouTube playlists
– Experience with the YouTube CMS a plus
– Graphic design (Photoshop) a plus
The ideal candidate has a basic understanding of the music business, with an emphasis on streaming services. He or she is passionate and excited about music across genres, can recommend new music, and has insight into what makes a good playlist.
Salary commensurate upon experience. Please email email@example.com.
Marketing Expert Wanted for Dynamic Global Independent Music Label Group
Eleven Seven Music Group is a global independent group of labels with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London and Berlin. We are seeking to expand our team with an experienced and creative VP/Director of Marketing.
This is a full-time, New York based opportunity. The ideal candidate would become a senior member of the team and will lead campaigns for the roster’s rock and alternative artists as well as artists on distributed labels. We are looking to hire a very forward thinking, highly motivated and organized leader with impeccable communication skills. Must be a positive person who can come up with the “big idea.” Preferred that the candidate has a background from an independent record label with strong knowledge of alternative rock music, but certainly not required. Submissions from qualified candidates are welcome from all related fields.
Responsibilities will include:
Create, implement and drive multi-phase domestic and international marketing plans for artists on the alternative and rock imprints of the record label(s).
• Marketing includes creative branding, strategy, timelines, and monitoring execution of radio, digital, publicity, retail, touring, tour marketing, licensing, and strategic & integrated marketing with artists on the roster.
• Working with digital marketing department to engage, grow and activate artist and label communities.
• Liaise between artists, management, and distributors to coordinate label timelines and objectives in conjunction with artist’s management timelines (touring, album releases, book releases, press hits, etc.)
• Budget creation – Work with COO and CFO to create and monitor budgets for each campaign and phase.
• Find marketing partners to participate in each release
Oversee production and content creation – work with artists, managers, producers and creative directors to create all elements in association with the label’s artists, including logo, album artwork, photo shoots, music videos, etc. based upon macro album marketing initiatives and strict timelines/deadlines.
• Work hand-in-hand with the physical and digital production teams at US distributor
• Duties include but not limited to:
• Monitoring finished product and artwork to fulfill retail orders
• Weekly marketing/streaming/sales updates
• All manufacturing – layered artwork, mastering, BOM/PO w/in distributor deadlines and specs
*Title and compensation DOE. Email Resume to HarrisM@10thst.com
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Location: Port Washington and New York City
Hours: Full-time, 9 am – 6 pm
• 4+ years’ experience in A&R preferably at a record label
• Proven experience working directly with artists, attorneys and artists’ managers
• Financial acumen
• Background coordinating production dates
• Deadline oriented
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
• Above average problem solving and organizational skills
• Excellent computer skills, including Word, database, and Excel
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Willing and able to work in Port Washington (Long Island) and NYC locations
• Administer recording budgets for all eOne artists
• Work with attorneys/ management to ensure all costs including producers, stay within the budget
• Process recording invoices for all projects
• Process payments
• Handle Side Artist clearances (facilitating the negotiating terms with labels) by album deadline
• Handle sample clearances by album deadline
• Frequently work with artists to ensure artistic changes are made as necessary
• Help ensure all music is on schedule for production date
• Draft and work with artists to procure credits for label copy by deadline; finalize and submit to Art (Review all completed art prior to production)
• Compile publishing info and splits to send to Royalty department
• Ensure full delivery for all projects (receipt of paperwork, splits, master, art) and process backend payments
• Provide album info to various internal departments
• Develop and maintain an organized system to check status of all projects
Contact: Jordan von Haslow, Head of US Talent Acquisition firstname.lastname@example.org
Merge Records is an independent record label founded in 1989. We release approximately 40 vinyl, CD, and digital titles per year, from bands all over the world and with international distribution. We are looking for a full-time, on-site Regional & Radio Promotions Assistant for our office in Durham, NC.
To be considered for this position, please send a resume with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. The application deadline is March 6, 2017.
•Devise and proactively seek out regional press and promotional opportunities and ideas for our artists such as giveaways, guest list, in-studio sessions, song-of-the-day features, and interviews
•Maintain and foster relationships with regional press contacts as well as relevant music directors, specialty hosts, and promotion directors at a variety of radio stations
•Alert various regional media outlets, pitch album reviews, and secure coverage for our artists when they tour the US and Canada
•Compile guest lists and ticket buys for our touring artists
•Coordinate and mail tour and regional press promotional materials to promoters, media, and other outlets
•Manage and maintain regional press database, radio database, mailing lists, and email lists
•Create and disseminate press reports of regional and tour markets for internal and external use
•Manage artist tour pages on the Merge website and coordinate with booking agents
•Secure radio airplay for all Merge releases at college, non-commercial, and commercial specialty
•Gather and analyze radio airplay and radio chart data as well as feedback from music and program directors
•Schedule and send promotional radio emails
•Represent Merge and our artists online and at special events
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be very comfortable talking on the phone and communicating with a variety of audiences
•Strong organizational skills; must be able to independently and effectively manage multiple, concurrent projects and deadlines
•Openness to Merge’s “all hands on deck” office style
•At least two years of experience (college radio experience preferred but not required)
•Familiarity with FileMaker Pro and MailChimp recommended
•Minimum two-year commitment to position
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a leading international entertainment company that specializes in the acquisition, production and distribution of film and television content. The company’s comprehensive network extends around the globe including Canada, the U.S., the UK, Ireland, Spain, Benelux, France, Germany, Scandinavia, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. Through established Film and Television divisions, the company provides extensive expertise in film distribution, television and music production, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Its current rights library is exploited across all media formats and includes more than 40,000 film and television titles, 4,500 hours of television programming and 45,000 music tracks.
The Toronto based Director, National Radio Promotion will utilize existing relationships with radio outlets throughout Canada in order to seek and secure airplay, promotional, & marketing opportunities.
• Work with music radio station programmers to seek and secure airplay, increased spins, and promotional opportunities for Last Gang/eOne Music artist releases.
• Explore and exploit all avenues in the market region via radio to contribute to the priorities and goals of the company.
• Secure and maintain airplay on radio stations in assigned market.
• Identify, foster, and maintain strong working relationships with radio station programmers to acquire airplay for artists.
• Maximize airplay and implement promotional opportunities to achieve a record’s greatest potential audience impact.
• Contact stations on a weekly basis as needed.
• Implement on air promotions for artists
• Design promotion plays to expose acts outside of radio airplay.
• Minimum 7-10 years’ experience working in Radio Promotion in Canada
• Vast knowledge of Canadian Active Rock, Alt Rock, HotAC, CHR and Country radio formats
• Marketing and/or sales background experience is a plus
• Strong relationship building skills and be able to maintain those relationships
• Possess extensive network of relationships with radio station personnel nationally
• Strong negotiation skills
• Must have creativity skills and think outside of the box.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• An engaging personality and possess a passion for music and radio
• You will be well networked within the Canadian music industry with strong relationships with key music industry stakeholders
• You are highly organized, and possess strong project management abilities
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• You are able to work in a collaborative role with senior management team
• You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of executives, artist management and staff
• Travel will be required
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please send all inquiries to: Jordan von Haslow, Head of US Talent Acquisition, jvonhaslow@entonegroup
Digital Platform Coordinator – Stem Disintermedia, Inc. (Full-Time, Los Angeles, CA)
Are you fascinated by the world of digital content? Do you know the ins & outs of the style guides for Apple & Spotify? Are you detail-oriented & obsessed with data? Do you want to help get good music heard? Then you might be the next great addition to our growing team at Stem Disintermedia, Inc.
Stem is looking for an organized, self-motivated, hard-working Digital Platform Coordinator to join our team. A knowledge of content management, attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines are a must. We are a small team of professionals with extensive backgrounds in music and entertainment, and we all fill multi-faceted roles. You will be reporting directly to Stem’s Cultivator of Community team and will be responsible for navigating content delivery to digital service providers, managing communications with key platforms, and helping us to optimize our process for getting content delivered.
Candidates must be based in Los Angeles, CA to qualify.
Digital media experience with an understanding of basic digital operations functions, including but not limited to: working in content management systems, an understanding of & ability to edit XML transport documents and a keen eye for review of descriptive & technical metadata.
Excellent communication, organization & time-management skills
Ability to work under pressure in an environment with tight deadlines
Demonstrated attention to detail & organizational skills
Experience with documenting processes/procedures & requirements
Excel skills are greatly preferred
Prepare, execute & monitor content deliveries to digital service providers
Communicate regularly with support & engineering teams regarding metadata updates & deliveries
Perform regular checks of priority releases to ensure all deliveries are accurate & complete
Provide administrative and media management support on integration projects
Document processes & feedback (internal & external) and communicate requirements to the appropriate teams
Bonus Points If You Are:
A whiz at XML and DDEX
Understand the ins and outs of content metadata
Trained in YouTube ContentID
Tickets to concerts and festivals
Laid-back office atmosphere (We have hammocks!)
Company-wide hikes and team-building activities
Stem is a platform that tracks and organizes artists’ revenue streams, giving a clear picture of earnings at all times. No more juggling earnings statements from different services and not knowing when your next payment is coming. With Stem, you can upload content, create contracts with collaborators, manage distribution, and monetize your work. We even make it easy to split earnings with shareholders.
Think you have what it takes? Apply here >> http://bit.ly/2ky389y
BWSCD, Inc. is seeking a full-time Information Technology Project Liaison to work in our main office in Bloomington, IN.
Ideal candidate is an active learner and a solid team player with an interest in the ‘nuts and bolts’ aspects of informatics in general and the music industry in particular, an excellent communicator and multi-tasker, and experienced with work across multiple platforms and operating systems.
While envisioned as a basic entry-level position for a budding IT professional, ideal candidate will also possess:
* Familiarity with the basics of networked user environments
* Strong technical support / customer service skills
* Basic ‘under the hood’ knowledge and experience with multiple operating systems including Mac OS and Windows.
* Experience with database software and languages such as FileMaker, Access, and SQL
* Established trustworthiness working with secure/confidential data
Basic job duties include:
* Becoming familiar with existing database environment, fielding various frequent recurring tasks and requests therein
* Maintaining and providing daily support to end users
* Interacting regularly with staff from various departments to understand their unique perspectives, needs, and requirements
* Facilitating effective communication of end-user needs and priorities to IT/database administration
– Health and Life insurance
– Paid holidays
– Paid vacation days
Dim Mak, the Los Angeles based music lifestyle brand (record label, publishing company, clothing line, events production) founded by Grammy nominated DJ/Producer Steve Aoki, is seeking an experienced, highly organized and highly pro-active Production Manager. Must be fully versed in the delivery of both physical and digital music products to distributors and retailers. Must be a metadata wizard. Must have direct experience with content management systems (direct experience with the ADA / Warner console is a major plus). Must be able to manage relationships with both artist/management, vendor and in-house to ensure the delivery of properly formatted assets on deadline. Must be adept in working with a high volume release schedule consisting mainly of singles and EPs with tight turn times.
• Setting up and delivering new releases to the distributor (ADA) and international label deals, as well as direct retailers such as Beatport.
• Oversee all company metadata, including generating catalog numbers, UPCs, ISRCs
• Compiling and maintaining label copy for each release, including composers, publishers, and splits
• Collecting production assets (audio, metadata, artwork, video)
• Coordinate audio mastering and QC all final audio
• Managing the release schedule and release date moves
• Creating weekly sales reports for campaign reports and reporting retail wins to management
• Coordinate the creation of marketing drivers and update distributor with regular marketing highlights
• Submitting music videos for broadcast TV, VEVO, and DSPs
• Managing physical production for CD and vinyl
• Managing anti-piracy protection
• Coordinate remixes
• Maintaining databases for ownership rights claims (i.e. for YouTube, SoundExchange and the like)
• Creating private streaming and MP3 download links
• Coordinating retail price points with distributor and retailers
• Packaging assets for radio, club promote, DJ pools and licensing sendouts
• Troubleshooting media or metadata issues
• Troubleshooting art and audio files
• Coordinate retail program submissions in conjunction with marketing department
• Soundcloud and Facebook Whitelisting
• Oversee Youtube claim removals for partner monetization deals
• A highly organized and pro-active individual with a high attention to detail.
• Minimum 3 years production experience at a record label or distribution company
• Proficient in Mac OSX, Google Docs, Microsoft Word and Excel
• Solid knowledge of industry accepted file formats for art, music and video
• Commensurate with experience
• Desired start date: ASAP
• Please send resume, cover letter and references (required) to ProductionManager@dimmak.com
We are looking for a production person to join our growing team! This role works as a part of the operations department and is responsible for managing our physical production and logistics (recorded music and merchandise) worldwide. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the Hopeless Records roster of artists and is always willing to go the extra mile to make sure that our releases are accurate and delivered on time. Strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines is imperative. If you feel like you would this describes you and you meet the qualifications listed below, we’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your resume and cover letter as PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Production Job Application
Manage all phases of production process (from recording to product ordering to delivery)
Communicate and manage recording/production/delivery deadlines to ensure all products are delivered on time
Ensure all production materials are created to production spec, accurate, and error-free
Manage and track recording and art budgets, cost of goods, pricing, and production expenses
Negotiate pricing and maintain relationships with third-party vendors, recording professionals, and manufacturers
Responsible for executing all product orders/reorders and managing inventory levels at all distributors
Research custom goods, packaging trends, and additional product sourcing as needed
Coordinate shipping/receiving and maintain warehouse
2 to 3 years of relevant experience working in the music industry, preferably at a record label, distributor, or publisher
Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, marketing, graphic design, or related field strongly preferred
Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat necessary, graphic design skills preferred
Basic audio recording knowledge and familiarity with pro tools/logic/garage band are a plus
Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure and strict deadlines
Must have strong organizational skills with keen sense of attention to detail
Music lover that is enthusiastic about helping bands achieve success
PANDISC/STREETBEAT/KRIZTAL Records labels are seeking an individual with an expert knowledge of all things YouTube. The ideal candidate must have experience in the following areas –
• Uploading catalog
• YouTube Content ID
• Google AdSense
• YouTube Rights Management
• Preparation of MetaData spreadsheets
• Resolution of Ownership conflicts and Disputed Claims
This is a one-time project with quarterly follow-up and not a full-time position. Candidates may work remotely. Compensation is negotiable. If you feel you qualify please contact Bo Crane, Pres. email@example.com and attach your resume.
Seeking company with vendor account with AEC who has the ability to sub-distribute. Will pay 10 points on distribution.
Eleven Seven Music Group is seeking an Office Manager/Receptionist in its New York City Office. This is an entry level position for someone looking to start or continue his/her career in the music industry. Please send resume to HarrisM@10thst.com
Bandzoogle builds tools that help bands succeed online. Our app powers tens of thousands of artist websites and helps them make a living by selling their music and growing their fan base. We’ve been “bootstrapped, profitable, and proud” since 2003 and are growing fast.
We’re looking for a “designer who can code”. Someone as adept in Photoshop and Sketch as they are in HTML/CSS.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the look and feel of 30k musician websites. You’ll design and build new themes from scratch, manage external designers who are building on our platform, and work closely with the dev team to help improve our theming engine. There are tons of other interesting design challenges in the queue as well (revamping Bandzoogle.com, building out new products), and you’ll play a key role in addressing them.
What we offer
Besides working on fun projects that empower musicians, Bandzoogle offers:
Fill out the application form: https://bandzoogle.typeform.com/to/TBKrwH
If things look good, we like to do a (paid) trial week so you can meet the team, see how we work, and make sure we’re a good fit.
Stones Throw is seeking a full-time Marketing Director. Ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated individual with 3+ years music business experience in marketing and/or project management. Familiarity with the label, our fan base and our artists’ music as well as a general passion for music is essential. Ability to stay organized, manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize a heavy workload independently in a busy work environment is a must. Candidate should also have experience with relevant and emerging social media networks, digital platforms and culture.
• Work with key staff members to develop, execute and implement marketing campaigns and timelines.
• Interface with artists, managers, publicists, booking agents and other 3rd party partners.
• Develop and implement digital advertising and online strategies
• Quantify success and efficiency of digital advertising, social engagement and conversion and partnerships via various analytics tools.
• Develop and maintain contacts in the creative services (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers etc . . .)
• Update basic web (html) and social media
• Develop creative content including music videos, web campaigns, and other promotional marketing assets with in-house/freelance designers, directors, editors, etc. . .
• Oversee playlisting strategies and analysis of streaming data
• Develop marketing partnerships to align label and artists with brands and their music programs
• Develop and maintain relationships with partners outside of the traditional music retail sphere, including new media platforms, brand partnerships and lifestyle marketing.
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML. Basic video editing skills a plus.
• Contacts in music and related industries including press, radio, booking agencies, brands, tastemakers, etc . . .
• Contacts in the creative services (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers etc . . .)
• Resourceful at working within independent label budgets
• Attention to detail is a must.
– Health Insurance
– 401 K
– Paid Holidays
– Paid Vacation Days
Please email cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Purpose of the Position:
To lead Concord’s shared D2C and Merch business in order to achieve optimal aggregate results for the company’s recordings and related assets.
Area of Oversight:
This position will directly oversee Concord’s artists based D2C/Merch sales and marketing efforts.
Working closely with Concord’s label groups, he/she will develop D2C marketing and sales strategies to effectively choose, create and sell products direct to consumers.
Additionally, manage vendor relationships, assist in accounting and label/artist reporting, logistics/fulfillments, web store sales, CRM and Ticket Bundles. Through a network of retailers/wholesales, sell Merch products created specifically for retail accounts.
Primary Lateral Interfaces: This position will primarily interact with the company’s frontline and catalog labels, accounting department, artists, artist management, vendors, retail accounts as well as with the senior executives of the company.
Core Responsibilities: The VP D2C/Merch Sales and Marketing position has the following core responsibilities:
• Provide leadership and vision to the D2C/Merch team
• Evangelize mission and department services to Concord labels,
artist and artist managers
• Create marketing, and product strategies with Concord labels to
effectively market and sell D2C
• Oversees the design and creation of both D2C and Merch products
• Establish KPI’s and web metrics to ensure best practices and
measurability reporting processes, and drive aggressive
performance improvements through testing, tracking and data
• Oversee the building and management of CRM databases and
• Oversee the logistics and product vendor relationships and
• Oversee Inventory procurement and control
• Assist accounting department in label/artist and P/L reporting
• SEO and SMO strategy and execution
• Work with Concord labels to create compelling Merch products for retail sales
• Solicit and service retail accounts with Merch products
• Manage ticket bundle vendor(s) and process with Concord labels
Location: The position will be based in Nashville.
Requirements: The successful candidate that fills this position must have the following attributes:
• A passion and understanding for selling direct to end consumers
• An affinity for indie music and the indie music culture
• Understanding of pricing and promotional strategies for both
digital and physical products
• Excellent strategic thinking and management communication skills
• Well-rounded experience with e-commerce, web marketing and direct
• Experience analyzing web metrics and how data is used to drive
• Advanced Excel and analytic skills
• Organizational and time management skills to balance numerous and
• Strong prioritization abilities
• High degree of tech-savviness
• Effective communication abilities
• History of delivering results
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
The Eleven Seven Music Group (E7MG) is seeking a Coordinator, Digital Strategy – Streaming Catalog position in New York. This is a full-time position which offers great benefits. This position reports to the COO and is a key component of the digital marketing team. This person will support continued development and growth of a roster of rock and alternative artists. Responsibilities will include:
• Spearheading promotional campaigns and playlist maximization with digital service providers for the label’s catalog
• Designing and implementing creative initiatives, facilitating requests internally as well as between managers and artists
• Helping to maintain artist web and social platforms initiatives.
• Develop and execute digital marketing and content distribution strategies for the label’s artists; prepare pitches to key streaming platforms, secure campaigns and marketing opportunities for catalog titles
• Partner Management: Support and manage relationships with key digital partner accounts. Liaise with label distribution partners to execute digital marketing initiatives.
• Creative Marketing and Revenue Development: Grow artist awareness, site traffic and content syndication through third-party editorials, feature placements, social networking strategies, marketing programs, D2C initiatives, contests/sweepstakes and exclusive content promotions to drive revenue
• Other Priority Marketing: Work with the marketing team to execute catalog campaigns, tour promotions and support all other company initiatives.
Desired Skills and Experience
• An understanding of digital service providers, social media platforms, industry trends and new technologies.
• Impeccable organizational skills
• Digital marketing experience in the label/management/agency world is ideal; 1-2+ years of experience managing the use of and/or relationships with digital distribution and social platforms
• Strong written/oral communication skills
• The ability to independently manage one’s time and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet associated deadlines
• The drive to take initiative, work independently and be accountable while also working as a team player who is collaborative, positive and flexible
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Please email resume to HarrisM@10thst.com