- RSS Channel Showcase 6561110
- RSS Channel Showcase 6810057
- RSS Channel Showcase 4904392
- RSS Channel Showcase 7907915
Articles on this Page
- 03/20/17--06:21: _Ghostly Internation...
- 03/21/17--09:01: _Eleven Seven Music ...
- 03/21/17--22:48: _Psycho+Logical-Reco...
- 03/22/17--07:51: _Beggars Group US re...
- 03/25/17--17:46: _Global Affiliates M...
- 03/27/17--08:47: _Global Affiliates M...
- 03/29/17--07:03: _Libera Awards Volun...
- 03/29/17--09:43: _Eleven Seven Music ...
- 03/29/17--12:42: _Label / Management ...
- 03/30/17--15:21: _Red Bull Records se...
- 04/06/17--10:28: _GLOBAL AFFILIATES M...
- 04/06/17--10:58: _Reply To: GLOBAL AF...
- 04/06/17--15:41: _Ninja Tune LA seeks...
- 04/07/17--09:32: _Redeye Seeks Accoun...
- 04/10/17--12:59: _Synchtank seeks Sal...
- 04/10/17--20:50: _Reply To: Ninja Tun...
- 04/11/17--08:07: _A2IM seeks Indie We...
- 04/12/17--03:06: _Once Upon A Time Mu...
- 04/13/17--17:58: _Planetary looking t...
- 04/17/17--14:00: _Summer 2017 INTERN ...
- 03/21/17--09:01: Eleven Seven Music Seeks Income Tracking Manager
- 03/21/17--22:48: Psycho+Logical-Records seeking Sales people
- 03/25/17--17:46: Global Affiliates Music Group Seeks Publicist
- 03/29/17--07:03: Libera Awards Volunteers Needed!
- 03/29/17--12:42: Label / Management Company seeking Booking/ Schedule Organizer
- 03/30/17--15:21: Red Bull Records seeks VP, Global Digital Account Management
- 04/06/17--10:28: GLOBAL AFFILIATES MUSIC GROUP SEEKS LAW FIRM
- 04/06/17--10:58: Reply To: GLOBAL AFFILIATES MUSIC GROUP SEEKS LAW FIRM
- 04/06/17--15:41: Ninja Tune LA seeks Marketing Assistant
- 04/07/17--09:32: Redeye Seeks Account Representative
- 04/10/17--12:59: Synchtank seeks Sales / Account Manager – US West Coast (LA)
- 04/10/17--20:50: Reply To: Ninja Tune LA seeks Marketing Assistant
- 04/11/17--08:07: A2IM seeks Indie Week Volunteers
- 04/12/17--03:06: Once Upon A Time Music Seeks North American Consultant
- 04/13/17--17:58: Planetary looking to add Jr publicist to team
- 04/17/17--14:00: Summer 2017 INTERN NEEDED @ BEGGARS: Radio Promotions Department
Full-Time Position Available in Ghostly International‘s Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NY.
Applicable candidates must have a minimum of 2 years prior experience in licensing at a label or music publisher. The success patterns for this position and the abilities of an ideal candidate are as follows:
General and Project Management
• Communicating effectively with co-workers, client, and artists succinctly via email while maintaining a professional demeanor that is precise, friendly, respectful, and embodying the company and its artists’ values
• Self-managing, able to easily prioritize projects, and manage one’s time effectively
• Orients well around process, and can deftly switch processes based on project type
• Participating actively in NY-team, all-team, and person-to-person meetings with label staff and artists to discuss new releases, new signings, and projects
• Understanding of how copyright law applies to music licensing for synchronization and other uses, with respect to both master recordings and compositions and how they are separate but innately tied
• Using creative problem solving skills and applying them in order to negotiate licenses both profitably and in our artist’s favor while respecting the following concerns:
– financial needs
– intellectual property interests
– rights variances (territory licenses, percentages of ownership, etc.)
– client needs and pressures
• Facilitating negotiations between multiple parties and making appropriate value judgements on what those parties may need or want, even if not directly expressed
• Prioritizing and responding in a timely manner to inbound inquiries and requests
• Entering data precisely and repeatedly (with a variety of software resources)
Administrative, Content Management, and Metadata
• Reviewing and signing contracts in HelloSign and/or physically
• Filing paperwork digitally in Dropbox
• Working in coordination with Ghostly Songs to update and manage the SynchTank CMS for GhostlySongs.com and Gholicense.com by uploading audio files w/ clean metadata, correct writer/pub info, contact information, search terms, and creating and updating artist, playlist, and placement pages
• Collaboratively creating, updating and managing master licenses, invoices, and contracts in SR-1
• Proactively engaging with artists and/or management to determine splits and split information on co-writes
• Listening to and quickly learning a large catalog of material and applying that knowledge to searches/requests for material
• Pitching catalog in a manner tailored to the taste and project requirements of individual music supervisors, editors, filmakers and/or producers
• Fielding and appropriately responding to inbound music searches and master licensing requests for master uses to include ads, tv, film, video games, web-videos, social media, podcasts, apps, etc.
• Working with artist roster for original music and/or bespoke work-for-hire jobs, including accurately and quickly defining demo submissions, revision schedule and terms, contracting, invoicing, and delivery of assets
• Proactively reaching out to new leads and fostering new client relationships
• Inviting potential and current clients to informal lunch, coffee, drinks, dinners, and/or shows while representing the company and our artists appropriately
• Managing digital outreach with pre-release music to synchronization contacts (and physical on a by-request basis)
• Pitching artists and/or albums in the early stages of a release cycle (as strategically appropriate and sometimes in advance of masters), for partnership and/or branded campaigns
• Scheduling and managing office sessions and/or showcases at NY-area agencies, music houses, or other companies (as appropriate and per budgetary constraints)
• Coordinating with others, manage and send a newsletter to all licensing contacts via Mailchimp once or more a month, as well as create updates with live performance info for all area contacts to known fans as needed
• Maintaining and following up on existing relationships with regularity, and to document interactions in our Customer Resource Management (CRM) software, Nutshell
Signing and A&R
• Onboarding new signings to the greater synchronization team, gathering all metadata (including, but not limited to titles, ISWCs, ISRCs, pre-existing artist established pub entities, PRO affiliation, etc.)
• Checking-in with artists to add material to Gholicense (our pre-cleared music library) and to evaluate potential, while introducing new artists to the idea
• Working with the label team, artists, and management on a per-project basis to define the pitching and placement goals for a release
Compensation: Commensurate with experience level
Benefits: MTA Pass Reimbursement, Health and Dental Coverage (After 90 Days)
Please send a cover letter which includes a descriptive account of a time that you took initiative to improve a process at another company, two reference contacts, and résumé to email@example.com.
Eleven Seven Music/10th Street Entertainment is seeking an Income Tracker with 1 – 2 years of experience to join its team in the New York office. This role will report directly to the Controller and will work closely with the finance team along with other department heads. Under the record label and management company are various artists including Nelly Furtado, Sixx:A.M., Hellyeah, Nothing More, Papa Roach, Rooney, From Ashes To New, Dirty Heads, Macy Gray, Escape The Fate, and other hard rock and alternative artists. The company offers great employee benefits.
• Must be a self-starter
• Must be well organized and be able to meet deadlines
• Must have great communication skills both on the phone, email and in person
• Must be an expert in excel, including knowledge of V-Look up functions and Pivot Tables
• Must have 1 to 2 years of experience in an A/R or accounting/finance role
• Experience with Sage software a plus
• Have a willingness to learn and grow within the company
• Most importantly, have a great work ethic and attitude
• Oversee accounts receivable process, issue invoices
• Track all income sources and make collection calls
• Update artist touring guarantees and overages
• Communicate with business managers and distributors
• Assemble weekly, monthly, and annual reports
• Assist with annual audits and year end close
• Assist CFO and Controller with ad-hock projects
• Analyze distribution statements and other data sets in excel
Send resume to HarrisM@10thst.com
We are building a new team of sales people
Must be hungry
Must get sales – no excuses – minimum weekly
Must be positive
Can work from home
Psycho+Logical-Records has a catalog of over 50 titles on CD, plus over 100 merchandise designs available for sale
You will work on commission, you make the label money, and you get a percentage of each sale you make, simple
You open an account, you get to keep that account for life as long as you are working for PLR
If you are hungry, and have the gift of gab, persistence to sell, PLR is the company for you! We have been in business for 18 years, and are growing and have longevity as a company
Email resumes & past experience information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Name: Beggars Group US
Location: New York
Apply Via: email@example.com
Closing Date: April 11, 2017
Beggars Group US recruiting a Head of Finance, working from New York offices
Candidates must be hands-on, systems – literate, ideally CPA qualified, with 5 years relevant experience in Financial Operations.
Purpose of role:
• Responsible for all US accounting, tax filing, payroll and US intercompany transactions
• Management responsibility for a team of 3 people – expected to supervise, review, coach and troubleshoot Financial Operations and Royalties staff
• Wider role re. US administrator of our accounting package, NetSuite.
• Reports to UK-based Group Financial Director, and locally to President, Beggars US
•Location: New York
• Monthly financial close and reconciliations
• Management of US finance monthly close & ensure all statements processed
• Supervision of timely and accurate processing of statements
• Report, review and provide variance analysis on monthly accounts
• Review of US bank recs and journal postings
• Preparation / reconciliation of intercompany transactions and balances
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Reporting of exceptions to standard costs of manufacturing and COGS analysis
• Work with Production team to resolve discrepancies
• Management support
• Preparation of US board packs for Beggars US and Matador US
• Planning & analysis for President, Beggars US and President, Matador US
• Input into UK for Board and ad-hoc Group reports
• Ensure all sales are properly reconciled to consolidated Royalties
• Generate and sense check cost reports for Royalty runs
• Review and sense check all Matador US royalty statements
• Reconcile statements to financial accounting
• Responsible for ensuring all local, state and federal filing deadlines are met through timely and accurate supply of relevant data to external tax advisors
• Mailing of forms 1099, 1042 and other relevant documents to vendors.
• Communicate group reporting requirements to tax advisors and ensure annual tax return figures are prepared and reconciled to annual accounts on time
• Prepare payroll information for bureau and ensure reporting, deductions and payments are applied accurately
• Responsible for insurance & workers’ compensation audits
Skills & Experience required:
• CPA/ CMA qualified accountant with minimum 5 years’ relevant experience
• Strong academic background, highly numerate & analytical
• Strong systems experience (Super user/Administrator)
• Advanced spreadsheet skills
• NetSuite experience an advantage
• Music industry & royalties experience preferred
• Hardworking, tenacious, motivated, self-starter, finisher.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships across the business
• Commercially focused and confident in articulating solutions and their reasoning.
• Head office finance team is in the UK, so trips to the UK HO may be required
• Loves music
Global Affiliates Music Group Seeks Full Or Part Time Publicist & or PR Firm
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org If interested
We are looking to purchase 100% rights & Control of Bulk Catlogs of Music, if interested in selling the rights of your Catlog to Us please Email me At Info@sosaentllc.com
A2IM is seeking volunteers for the 6th Annual Libera Awards! We need volunteers with some event experience who can help out during the day or evening of the awards show. You’ll be there to help direct traffic, produce social content & also enjoy the show! This years awards will take place on Thursday, June 8th at the Playstation Theater in NYC.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested.
E7MG is seeking a Publicity Coordinator/Tour Publicist with 1 – 2 years experience in a similar role. We are looking for a candidate with a who is detail oriented, hard-working, creative, and has a passion for music.
• Provide overall admin support to Dept. Manager and VP of Publicity
• Maintain company’s weekly publicity report
• Assist the Dept. Manager in readying campaign assets at the beginning of each campaign:
o Report Template created
o Artist specific Target Lists
o Media/Artist Talking Points
o Quote sheet template
o Organize Folders on shared drive
o Organize approved photos on shared drive
• Maintain artist asset organization throughout the campaign. This includes:
o Pulling artist quotes from media clips and maintaining the overall quote sheet.
o Updating the tour portion of the artist reports daily/weekly
o Help Maintain Indie reports
o Spearhead sending monthly artist reports to mgmt.
• Create and distribute artist media clips. This includes:
o Keeping track of artist clips from indie press team and liase with indie press team to retrieve artist clips
o Saving key media clips in artist folders
• Work with dept. manager on mailings
• Create and maintain overall department target lists
• Light content pitching (case by case)
• Maintain show/event guest lists
• Maintain Artist Press Day Schedules
• Drafting tour press releases (case by case)
• Accompany artists to press opportunities (case by case)
• Tour Press
o Pitching/securing regional area press opps
o Connecting phone interviews between the media and artist
o Work with artist management and tour management to coordinate press opportunities
o Supply artist management/tour management with tour date guest lists
o Reflect all tour press efforts on artist reports
Please send all resumes to HarrisM@10thst.com
6/8 Records is looking for a booking associate/schedule organizer for our musicians, as well as a personal assistant (running necessary errands when needed) who is exceptionally talented in ORGANIZATION. Must be able to work fast-paced and meticulous with DETAIL.
Serious inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Bull Records
VP – Global Digital Account Management
Job Description & Requirements
Red Bull Records is a full-service independent record label dedicated to long-term artist development, with a diverse roster across a variety of musical genres. We are seeking an experienced music sales and streaming account executive to oversee all digital accounts globally for our recording artists and label. The position will be responsible for managing Red Bull Records’ relationships and business with these outlets and requires a motivated self-starter with a significant rolodex of contacts and understanding of digital music platforms.
• This role will oversee the primary relationships with key digital streaming/subscription services globally and will direct Red Bull Records’ overall business at the partner level to maximize exposure and revenue. These outlets include Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Deezer, Tidal, SoundCloud, Pandora, YouTube, Google Play, Amazon and more. The position will require the cultivation of strong relationships across multiple divisions of the accounts, including content, product marketing, sponsorship, executive levels, and related 3rd party services.
• Develop market expertise through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive and market environment. Work closely with research and analytics teams on market trends, gain insights, identifying opportunities, and understanding consumer behavior on streaming platforms. Interpret data to form actionable intelligence that helps shape and sustain campaigns.
• Work closely with CFO and Global Operations Director on all revenue and rights matters.
• Guide label marketing decisions (pre-orders, price drops, marketing campaigns) based on the latest account policies.
• Work with label Promotion Team to determine playlist strategy and label Marketing Team to build marketing campaigns with each account where appropriate.
• Create and deliver compelling pitches for artists to excite and engage partners.
• Drive new business initiatives, concepts and products for the Red Bull Records brand.
• Spearhead and help execute marketing and platform campaigns for our artists and label.
• Lead frequent partner calls and business presentations with the accounts.
• Regularly communicate the status of artist campaigns, new initiatives, and other account activity to the label and other teams.
• 5 years prior experience at a record label handling digital content or at a digital services provider
• Prior experience in account/client management, digital content sales and/or digital marketing
• Demonstrated experience with subscription services
• Streaming Activity Analytics/Reporting/Strategic Analysis experience required
• Must be collaborative with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Impactful presentational skills to convey information and results clearly
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and balance priorities
• Excellent time-management, organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• Ability to solve operational, reporting, technology, and business issues to ensure efficiency
• Ability to take broad campaign concepts and translate into partner specific initiatives that result in sales/streams and impressions
• Able to attend artist shows and partner events
• Proficient in Excel, Word & PowerPoint
• Located in West Hollywood, CA
• Travel required when necessary
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience; full benefits
Resumes to: email@example.com
We need a Law firm that specializes international royalty Law for Arbitration in Amsterdam.
Intellectual property law firm NEEDED ASAP
NINJA TUNE MARKETING ASSISTANT (preferably with graphic design.)
Job Description :
– Provide general ad hoc support for the Marketing team as needed including
– Provide support for the Product Managers and other managers across all areas of the artist campaigns
– General admin.
– Answering calls.
– Booking couriers / cabs / travel / accommodation.
– Creating label copy.
– Artwork copy checking.
– Drafting format and announcement mails.
– Forwarding all relevant format, announcement, and promo result mails to wider NA team
– Processing invoices.
– Gig ticket holds and orders for the label.
– Ordering promo and watermarked CDR’s.
– Responsible for full, comprehensive, up to date promo reports (priority campaigns only unless directed otherwise).
– Edit and circulate weekly campaign radio reports
– Creating and maintaining radio stylesheets
– Responsible for up to date artist one sheets.
– Responsible for sales notes/ retail one sheets (required for all physical releases minimum 8 weeks upfront).
– Responsible for campaign research as directed.
– Take and circulate comprehensive minutes during Marketing meetings.
– Provide support for any Ninja Tune events as requested.
– Coordination of street teams on various projects.
– Oversee work experience / interns.
Any other reasonable duties as required by marketing team.
– Passionate about music.
– Previous music industry experience, preferably within marketing.
– A basic / good understanding of the marketing process.
– IT Literate – good understanding in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows based packages. Design skills (HTML, photoshop) considered a plus.
– Excellent organisational skills with ability to keep calm under pressure.
– Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with ability to deal with people at all levels.
– Excellent attention to detail.
– Efficient, with excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritise own workload and a sense of urgency.
– The ability to learn quickly.
– Hard working and enthusiastic.
– Ability to use own initiative in terms of problem solving.
NB: Candidates with graphic design abilities are strongly preferred.
Candidates without prior music industry experience will not be considered.
TBD: Competitive, and commensurate to experience.
Redeye is looking to fill a newly opened position for an Account Representative working in our Hillsborough, North Carolina headquarters (Durham/Chapel Hill area).
Primary purpose of the job:
This job consists of duties primarily focused on growing the sales of Redeye’s retail account base, both digital and physical. Our ideal candidate will have both sales and customer service experience, as well as a strong passion for music and the labels we distribute.
Significant duties of the Account Representative include, but are not limited to, the following:
In close communication with Sales Manager and Director of Sales & Label Strategy to discuss priorities, goals, and trending sales.
Directly reps independent retail and digital accounts as assigned by Sales Manager.
Responsible for getting orders for relevant accounts by associated due date.
Responsible for prospecting new accounts as assigned by the Sales Manager.
Facilitates the set-up of any value-adds at indie retail accounts.
Executes marketing designated by the marketing and label strategy departments.
Discuss with Project Managers to coordinate any promotions or marketing.
Ships applicable orders each day.
Give outstanding customer service to all accounts – accounting questions, etc.
Achieve set monthly sales goal based on dollars billed.
Achieve set number of calls each day to account base.
Stays in regular contact with entire account base via phone and email.
Set-up Redeye-centric promotions outside of accounts standard marketing opportunities.
Represent Redeye & Yep Roc Music Group at industry events functions, shows, and meetings.
Any other duties at the request of the Sales Manager and Director of Sales & Label Strategy
Some sales experience and a strong passion for music needed. A general knowledge of marketing would be an added benefit.
Basic understanding of web programs, email, social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and Microsoft Word/Excel is mandatory. Knowledge of Redeye’s catalog and systems, such as Netsuite and C-Panel will be needed once trained.
Must be self-motivated, organized, have the ability to multitask and communicate clearly and effectively. Must be able to problem solve and provide conflict resolution when needed.
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letters to Alex Ashkenes at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Synchtank we are looking to hire a US West Coast (LA) highend Sales / Account Manager to sell sophisticated digital asset management solution to music publishers and broadcasters.
Music industry experience is essential and experience of the broadcast sector would be a major plus.
Please get in touch if you’d like to apply for this position, or if you know anyone that might be suitable.
Send all cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
A2IM Indie week is coming up in just a couple months, and we are looking for additional volunteers to be part of the team. If you some interns at your company that you feel will benefit from being part of helping out in the conference, and getting some additional experience and education in the business, please pass along this application form. The teams are being put together over the next couple weeks and to allow for pre-production bonding and team meetings to take place to ensure everyone has a great experience.
Form link: https://form.jotform.us/70436968692168
Position: North American Sales Consultant
LOCATION: New York City, NY
ABOUT THE COMPANY: Once Upon A Time Music (OUAT Music) has been established for 20 years and have head offices in London as well as a further office in New York. We work with independent record labels, artist management companies and artists directly to create vinyl, CD’s & award winning boxsets.
ABOUT THE ROLE: The North American Sales Consultant will be responsible for increasing our organization’s revenue by growing our existing US business and identifying new opportunities in the US market. Our ideal candidate will be an energetic and dynamic individual who takes initiative. They will have both sales and customer services experience as well as a strong passion for music. In addition, they will have a sound understanding of the physical music product manufacturing process.
• Liaise with our current US client base to take briefs on new projects, discuss manufacturing leadtimes and production schedules, budgets, issues and any other matters considered necessary
• Increase the level of business received from current US clients through regular interaction as well as suggesting and presenting creative ideas for physical product
• Research and develop new business opportunities within the US music industry
• Work closely with our London based sales & production teams in order to provide client quotations, plan projects and receive production updates
• Regularly attend existing client and new business meetings
• Some travel required
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Ability to generate new business organically or through new channels or contacts
• Ability to work independently
• Substantial music industry experience and knowledge
• A broad swath of industry contacts ideally on the label, management and label services side
• Skilled in communicating to all levels of the music industry
• Comprehensive understanding of music industry
• Excellent written & verbal communication
• Highly organized, detailed, and accurate
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter to James Hobbs at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Planetary Group, based in Los Angeles is looking to add to our team. We are currently looking to fill an entry level position in our PR department.
Part time or Full time is available. Start time flexible.
Applicants must be versed with html, mail chimp, office, current music trends and be willing to go to shows often. Having done writing or PR is a huge plus for the PR department.
Send resume’s to email@example.com
Beggars Group is looking for an intern for their Radio Promotions Department based in the New York City office.
Duties are as follows:
Assist in developing one sheets including: pull quotes from press updates, tour updates, recent interviews etc.
Learning and regularly using radio-related databases in an effort to interpret and utilize radio spins, sales and streaming data for weekly and daily marketing materials.
Listen to Beggars albums for FCC violations and to identify related artists for weekly RIYL e-blasts to stations
Pulling format specific radio spins and assist with weekly radio reports for each label
Assist with in-house mailings as needed.
General research on key markets for campaigns and assist with session details as needed.
Nuts and Bolts:
Preferred days of availability (but flexible): Wednesdays and Fridays
College credit can be provided.
Perks include access to shows for artists on all label rosters and a $10 a day stipend.
Interviewing immediately, looking to fill for early May of 2017.
Looking for someone based in or in proximity to NYC.
Someone who is familiar with our roster is preferred: http://www.beggarsgroupusa.com/
Please send a resume and cover letter to: jessicalechtenberg(at)beggars.com.