- RSS Channel Showcase 1569447
- RSS Channel Showcase 2612928
- RSS Channel Showcase 9050965
- RSS Channel Showcase 9106276
Articles on this Page
- 06/22/17--12:15: _Red Bull Records ...
- 06/27/17--13:11: _Sync Licensing Mana...
- 06/27/17--15:28: _Marketing Manager a...
- 06/28/17--03:16: _Graphic Design Inte...
- 06/28/17--14:31: _Music Licensing Dep...
- 06/29/17--15:22: _Personal/Executive ...
- 06/30/17--13:49: _Product Manager Coo...
- 07/06/17--13:00: _Office Manager for ...
- 07/06/17--13:10: _Graphic Designer fo...
- 07/06/17--14:54: _6/8 Records is in s...
- 07/09/17--14:40: _tax acountant
- 07/10/17--06:56: _Secretly Group (BWS...
- 07/12/17--12:18: _Reply To: Graphic D...
- 07/13/17--15:05: _Reply To: tax acoun...
- 07/13/17--15:05: _Reply To: Graphic D...
- 07/13/17--15:06: _Reply To: Office Ma...
- 07/13/17--15:07: _Reply To: Personal/...
- 07/14/17--06:50: _Secretly Distributi...
- 07/18/17--12:10: _BEGGARS GROUP SEEKS...
- 07/19/17--14:11: _Secretly Group Seek...
- 06/22/17--12:15: Red Bull Records – Finance Coordinator
- 06/27/17--13:11: Sync Licensing Manager @ Nacional Records in LA
- 06/27/17--15:28: Marketing Manager at Mom+Pop Music
- 06/28/17--03:16: Graphic Design Intern Needed! Branding & Web Design
- 06/28/17--14:31: Music Licensing Departmental Assistant
- 06/30/17--13:49: Product Manager Coordinator – Beggars Group US
- 07/06/17--13:00: Office Manager for Independent Record Label
- 07/06/17--13:10: Graphic Designer for Independent Record Label
- 07/06/17--14:54: 6/8 Records is in search for a Production Coordinator!
- 07/09/17--14:40: tax acountant
- 07/10/17--06:56: Secretly Group (BWSCD,Inc) Seeks Entry Level Accounting Specialist
- 07/12/17--12:18: Reply To: Graphic Designer for Independent Record Label
- 07/13/17--15:05: Reply To: tax acountant
- 07/13/17--15:05: Reply To: Graphic Designer for Independent Record Label
- 07/13/17--15:06: Reply To: Office Manager for Independent Record Label
- 07/18/17--12:10: BEGGARS GROUP SEEKS RADIO DEPARTMENT COORDINATOR
- 07/19/17--14:11: Secretly Group Seeks US Radio Director
Red Bull Records is an independent music label established in 2007. It is a division of the multi-national energy drink company. We are currently the worldwide record label, publisher, and merchandiser for a diverse roster of artists and writers.
Based in West Hollywood, California, this role will report directly to the CFO and will frequently interact with staff across all departments. The candidate will support the CFO in all aspects of label finance, including administrative functions integral to supporting the business operations of the label.
* Responsible for the administration of Marketing, A&R, and Overhead costs/invoices, including vendor setups, purchasing orders, and arranging for timely payment of invoices ensuring proper G/L coding.
* Assist with the processing of statements and income received from all partner and preparation of journal entries to meet corporate deadlines.
* Assist with artist, producer and mechanical royalty rate set-ups and statement preparation.
* Develop queries to retrieve financial data from various financial systems (SAP, BI, etc.).
* Tracking of monthly spends vs budget on artist projects.
Responsible for invoicing receivables, monitoring balances and collection efforts.
* Assist in accounting and reporting for the company’s merchandising and publishing divisions.
* Product set-up and registration of assets with various collection societies.
* Administration of short form license agreements.
* Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Finance or Accounting
* Minimum 2 years of business experience in accounting or financial analysis role (entertainment / music industry experience a plus, with an interest in music being ideal)
* Expert Excel skills. Ability to consolidate, analyze and summarize large amounts of data down to a management reporting level
* Experience with SAP/BI software preferred
* Organized, detail oriented with ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Nacional Records is seeking an experienced Sync Licensing Manager for its Los Angeles office. Ideal candidate will have broad sales and client development experience across multiple media and content types and well as a strong grasp of creative aspects of pitching music for media.
• Develop new business and nurture existing relationships with music supervisors, music departments and content producers.
• Prepare creative pitches
• Enable and create revenue opportunities through brand partnerships and licensing partnerships
• Work closely with company A&R and Marketing functions, with focus on finding timely synchronization opportunities that benefit artist releases
• Identify and exploit new opportunities from a variety of product and service industries
• Develop and oversee relevant third party strategic alliances
• Set appropriate tactics for customers (call cycles, pitch cycles, marketing campaigns etc.), initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets
• Develop and deliver on pitch number and pitch/win targets
• Lead and develop team to ensure delivery of business goals and personal growth of team Job Requirements:
• The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of developing long-term partnerships with clients and winning creative pitches
• 3-5 years music industry experience with an emphasis on brands and/or synch licensing including budget accountability, high-level relationship management, and revenue generation
• Knowledge of the marketing and advertising industries.
• Multicultural market knowledge a plus
• Ability to develop strong relationships internally and externally
• Spanish-language fluency a plus
This is a full time position.Nacional Records is an equal opportunity employer
please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mom + Pop Music, a leading independent record label based in NYC, seeks a Marketing Manager. We are looking for an individual with no less than 2 years experience in the music industry (booking, management, agency, touring, indie label, etc) that is a self-starter, ambitious, and hungry to learn. Who enjoys indie music and wants to work collaboratively within a small boutique company.
The Marketing Manager will manage specific artist projects from first signing to after album release. This will include but not limited to setting up new releases and pre-orders, leading communications with internal and external teams, and being the point person on specific projects. Please be aware this is a lifestyle job and going to shows and jumping in with partners internationally could require weekend or evening availability.
– Work in tandem with A&R internally and artist teams externally.
– Lead all communications with artist teams including radio, publicity, and sync with weekly comprehensive updates, marketing plans, and any key breaks in the campaign.
– Set up pre-orders and new releases and liaise with our distribution partner to ensure proper execution across all digital service partners, physical retail and indie retail.
– Work in conjunction with Tour Marketing Department to maintain artist promo schedules and promo opportunities.
– Maintain and create marketing plans in conjunction with digital department, touring department, creative department and artist team. That incorporates a strategic plan for all release assets, tours etc.
– Grow and maintain 3rd party relationships.
– 2 years applicable experience in the music industry (booking, management, agency, touring, indie label, etc).
– Excellent oral and written communication
– Strong attention to detail with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
– Comfortable working in teams and independently
– Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Google Docs is required.
– Photoshop, Illustrator or video editing a plus
Please send a copy of your resume but more importantly a cover letter that touches on giving us a snapshot of who you are. This can include but is not limited to: what ambitions you have, your first concert, bands that changed your life, your background or reasons why we should hire you. Think of this as if you were writing to a friend about the opportunity. The cover letter is weighted more than the resume. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
If you are interested in Artist Development I am looking for a summer intern to help with a few graphic design projects. We work with independent artists in building Branding & Identity.
Logo design [ revisions ]
Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
Can work from anywhere as we are not looking to have in office help but rather meet from time to time.
Please email portfolio link or examples of your work.
In college and need real life work? All can be used in your portfolio after launch. College credit
>>> Potential for paid work after the summer <<<
ABKCO Music and Records is one of the world’s leading independent entertainment
companies. It is home to iconic catalog assets that include compositions and recordings
by Sam Cooke, The Rolling Stones, Bobby Womack, The Animals and more. New
releases include Eric Burdon’s latest Til Your River Runs Dry, soundtracks to Wes
Anderson films Moonrise Kingdom, Darjeeling Limited, Fantastic Mr.
Fox and Moonrise Kingdom, soundtracks to Edgar Wright’s Scott Pilgrim vs. the
World and The World’s End, and most recently the Volume 2 & 3 Soundtrack to HBO’s
hit series Boardwalk Empire.
ABKCO is searching for a part time intern in the publishing and licensing department.
The ideal candidate for this position is a recent Graduate or a Junior/Senior in College
majoring in Music Business and has had a previous internship in the music industry.
If you are looking to gain experience in the music industry and work for a medium-sized,
fast-paced company then this is the position for you. Business hours are Monday-Friday
The job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Scanning files & organizing online files
• Special projects
• Organizing packages to submit to music supervisors for placement in film/TV
• Department copying/mailing/filing
• Various administrative task including calendaring, handle telephone calls, purchase
• Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel Experience
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Independent record label based in Midtown Manhattan is looking for an assistant to its President to help with both personal and business tasks, including: scheduling appointments and keeping his calendar, drafting correspondence, taking notes on calls, and varied other tasks.
organized and detail oriented,
proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Gmail and Calendar,
able to exercise discretion and good humor.
Knowledge and skill with Quickbooks is a plus.
We prefer part time employment for now but are willing to consider full time employment for the candidate.
Product Manager Coordinator:
This is a full-time, entry-level position within the Beggars Group of labels (4AD, Matador, Rough Trade, True Panther Sounds, XL Recordings, and Young Turks). The PM Coordinator supports the three Product Managers with all day-to-day operations of album campaigns as well as managing show ticket buys across the group and overseeing the distribution of tour marketing needs. Must have strong attention to detail, good communication skills, pro-active work ethic & the ability to multi-task and prioritize their workload. Must be available during out of office hours to cover any guest list emergencies. Must have a working knowledge of the Beggars Group roster of artists. 1-2 years experience in the music industry required.
Duties include but not limited to:
-Updating and managing all tour dates and ticket buy lists in the Filemaker database
-Available out of office hours to cover any guest list emergencies
-Daily communication with show promoters and tour managers to handle ticket holds/buys & delivery of tour assets to promoters (posters, music, etc).
-Maintain accurate project information on all active bands/campaigns (marketing updates, tour itineraries, soundscan reports, promo itineraries)
-Aid the Product Managers logistically on artist promotional travel and performances (backline rentals, transportation, travel booking, etc.)
-Scheduling the creation and distribution of promo materials (posters, promotional CDs, etc)
-organize and execute Product Manager mailings
-Tracking social media numbers for all active bands on a weekly basis
Please send resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com
Independent record label based in midtown Manhattan is seeking and Office Manager to run day to day operations. Responsibilities include upkeep of the office; help with business related tasks and other miscellaneous work around the office.
Organized and detailed orientated
Proficient with both old and new media
We prefer part time employment for now but are willing to consider full time employment for the right candidate.
Independent record label based in midtown Manhattan is looking for a Graphic Designer who can work on a per project basis.
Have a body of work
Organized and detailed orientated
6/8 Records is in search of a web-savvy/graphic design production coordinator to join the team. We are looking for a self-starter, who thinks outside of the box and is a multi-tasker. Must have experience in web maintenance and design, minimal graphic design, and handle production in office and on specific art projects. Must also have previous experience in the music industry, and be a team player.
The Employee must live in or near the NYC area. Position is available for part time or full time, contractor position.
-Creating mailing list content for 6/8 Records, and/or its artists.
-Copy-edit/proofreading articles or any other sources for clients and for business postings.
-Create text and/or images for web content purposes, using Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, and/or other graphic design programs.
-Post articles and images on websites as needed.
-Research content and organize contacts for a vast company database.
-Organize company database, files, meetings, and contacts using Google Drive, Google Calendar, Dropbox, and Mediafire.
-Assist in the development and application of digital marketing plans for all online communications, including e-newsletters.
-Work closely with digital marketing staff to provide visual and verbal content.
-Help brainstorm and execute ideas in order to broaden both the label and management side of 6/8’s artists, clients, and company outline.
Must have experience with Google Docs, Google Calendar, WIX, Squarespace, social media content and implementation, graphic and web design. HTML coding knowledge a plus.
Must have their own laptop to bring to work.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, start date, and a cover letter.
About 6/8 Records:
6/8 Records is a New York based boutique company dedicated to the development of indie female artists with a unique sound. Our mission is to provide artists a supportive environment for distributing, marketing, and booking their music.
6/8 Management offers an array of music marketing and management services designed to help up and coming artists build their brand and promote music-driven products and other content to boost their blossoming careers.
txa preparation specialist
BWSCD, Inc. is a company based in Bloomington, Indiana, administratively supporting the operations of four independent record labels (Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, Secretly Canadian, and The Numero Group), a music distribution company (Secretly Distribution), an artist management company (Fort William Artist Management), a music publishing company (Secretly Publishing), and a property/investment company (Bellwether Properties – US).
Title: Accounting Specialist
Reports to: Controller
Location: Bloomington, IN
Hours: 40 hours/week, Monday – Friday, 9a – 6p
FUNCTION: Processes accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions; generates reports for customers, managers, and other functional areas;
Processes customer credit card payments
Applies customer payments in a timely and accurate manner
Responds to customer inquiries
Facilitates swift customer payment of invoices by sending bill reminders and contacting clients with outstanding balances
Researches and resolves accounts receivable issues
Reconciles the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
Reviews and validates shipping and other types of invoices for appropriate documentation and payment approval
Collects employee receipts and reconciles company credit card statements
Collects vendor W-9s, verifies federal ID numbers, and 1099 maintenance
Processes payment requests
Schedules and prepares checks
Responds to vendor inquiries
Researches and resolves invoice and/or payment discrepancies
Reconciles monthly vendor statements and related transactions
Assists with the payment of royalties
Assists with month end, quarter end and year end closing
Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
Assists with other projects as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Organization, Analyzing Information, Customer and Vendor Relationships, Data Entry Skills, Math Skills, MAC/PC Proficiency
Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
Paid vacation days
Please send resume to:
Jessie LaJoie, Human Resources Director – email@example.com
I am looking to get a person to apply/contact about this job. is there and email pr website to apply to?
Secretly Distribution seeks a full time Digital Marketing and Resources Coordinator based in our Bloomington,IN office.
This individual will play a key role in our marketing efforts in a fast paced and constantly evolving digital music landscape. Day to day, this role will work closely with the marketing team as we shape our new release campaigns with key digital partners like Spotify, Apple, Amazon, Youtube, Google, Bandcamp and more. Additionally this candidate will work with the content team to help package assets in a fast-paced world of singles, timed releases, video assets and exclusive content. The Digital Marketing and Resources Coordinator will report to the Head of Digital.
– Work hand-in-hand with other Secretly Distribution digital team members on new release and catalog setup across digital partner platforms (Apple Music, Amazon, Google Play, Spotify, Youtube, VEVO, etc)
– Work closely with digital partners to provide awareness of our upcoming releases
– Keep labels updated on the status of digital accounts, promotional visibility for new releases and catalogue, marketing feedback and relevant industry happenings
– Spearhead monetization efforts at YouTube, VEVO, and other evolving online video platforms
– Contribute to sales reporting and analytics across label group and internal sales teams
– Maintain a digital release schedule to help keep the larger sales team informed on all upcoming plans
* Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
* Active interest in emerging technologies as they relate to digital and social medias – especially as they affect the music industry
• High level of integrity, work ethic, communication, and teamwork skills
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong communication and writing skills – prompt with replies in a fast-paced environment
• Able to build relationships easily and authentically
* Self-motivated and goal-driven
• A deep passion for discovering and talking about new music across a variety of genres
* Health, Vision, Dental and Life insurance
* Paid holidays
* Paid vacation
Secretly Distribution serves as the exclusive distributor for a growing family of premier independent record labels, including: Arbutus Records, Asthmatic Kitty, Awesome Tapes From Africa, Bayonet Records, Captured Tracks & Omnian Music Group, Chapter Music, Constellation, Dead Oceans, DFA, Family Vineyard, Ghostly International, Jagjaguwar, Joyful Noise Recordings, K Records, No Quarter, Numero Group, Paradise of Bachelors, Quite Scientific Records, RVNG Intl., Sacred Bones Records, Secretly Canadian, Sounds Familyre, Suicide Squeeze Records, Temporary Residence Ltd, Touch and Go Records, Tri Angle, Trouble in Mind, Western Vinyl and Winspear.
View our other job openings here: http://bwscd.com/employment_offerings.php
Beggars Group Radio Dept is seeking a highly motivated go getter to learn from the ground level up about radio promotions. This coordinator position is fast paced, and for someone that knows how to be effective and take charge of many different situations. Must be self motivated, MUST be a good listener, and TAKE DIRECTION and be able to process many different types of information and coordinate the daily inner workings of the radio promotions department. WARNING: THIS IS A STRESSFUL JOB, it requires dedication and long hours and ALOT of multitasking and organization skills, also ATTENTION TO DETAIL is VITAL, and when juggling multiple projects HIGHLY ESSENTIAL, please do not SAY you are , show us HOW you are that person.
Must be comfortable on the phone and dealing with people, that means, your phone voice has to have a type of command that also can soften in any given situation, and MUST be proficient on MAC. Previous label, music industry experience is preferred. Daily tasks require, answering the phone, coordinating travel for the VP/artist, promo needs such as ordering of backline equipment and delivery, station personnel travel, invoicing, payments, PO’s, budget maintenance, mass mailings, information sheets and general day to day office duties, also assisting the VP of the dept in daily tasks, scheduling and daily coordination, and gathering information for outgoing information sheets.
You are: easy going but extremely professional, not easily stressed, never panics, loves people, loves music and going to shows, social butterfly, quick learner, great listener, trouble shooter, organizational expert. You also, interned at or worked at another record label at some point.
We want someone that not only loves the music we put out, wants to see the bigger picture for the artsts at radio and somoene that wants to go hang out at the shows
REFERENCES are MANDATORY from another music related company.
It is REQUIRED that you understand and know BDS and MEDIABASE.
Prefered but not required knowledge of Soundscan, Buzz Angle, Music Connect, and the label group roster.
PLEASE do not respond through this posting, but send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS is a US JOB, and we will not relocate you if you are not in NY.
Title: US Radio Director
Company: SECRETLY GROUP
Reports to: Head of Global Marketing
Location: Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Austin or Bloomington, IN
Secretly Group is a group of affiliated, independently owned music companies, including Secretly Canadian, Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, The Numero Group and Secretly Publishing. Secretly Group is headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, with offices in Brooklyn, London, Chicago, Los Angeles and Austin. Founded in 1996, Secretly Canadian counts Anohni, Jens Lekman, Whitney, The War On Drugs, the catalogue of Jason Molina and the recordings of comedian Tig Notaro amongst its roster. Jagjaguwar was also founded in 1996 and merged operations with Secretly Canadian in 1999. The label’s present roster includes Grammy-winner Bon Iver, Dinosaur Jr., Angel Olsen, Sharon Van Etten, Moses Sumney and Unknown Mortal Orchestra. Meanwhile, Dead Oceans was founded in 2007 by the owners of Jagjaguwar and Secretly Canadian with Austin-based Phil Waldorf. It is the current home to Mitski, Kevin Morby, Phosphorescent, Slowdive and The Tallest Man On Earth. The Numero Group was established by Tom Lunt, Rob Sevier, and Ken Shipley in 2003. It became a part of Secretly in 2013 when company partners Ben Swanson, Chris Swanson and Darius Van Arman bought a stake in the reissue specialist and brought it into the Secretly family.
Secretly Group seeks a US Radio Director to develop, execute and oversee radio campaigns for artists across Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar and Secretly Canadian’s rosters. This radio professional should have a proven track record of success across multiple formats, including one-to-all of the following: noncomm, AAA, Alternative.
The ideal candidate is a skilled communicator and creative promoter with a deep rolodex in radio and a passion for delivering meaningful artist development at radio alongside airplay, chart story, etc. S/he should have an enthusiasm for our artists’ work and must able to multi-task efficiently and work collaboratively. This position reports to Head of Global Marketing, and is available in the following US offices: Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Bloomington,IN, or Austin.
• Work with project managers, A&R and marketing teams to develop and execute radio strategy for album and single campaigns; foster relationships with artist managers, publicists and other external partners
• Develop, maintain and foster relationships with music directors, program directors, hosts, promotion directors, format leaders, etc.
• Set up promotions and features at radio, including interviews, ticket giveaways, in-studio performances, and listener events; balance macro-level national exposure with market-by-market regional endeavors.
• Manage radio staff and independent promoters involved with campaigns.
• Formulate and manage campaign budgets; hire and oversee independent promoters for campaigns as needed.
• Deliver weekly/bi-weekly reports for marketing, touring, and distribution departments; analyze market data to identify active/reactive markets.
• Collaborate effectively with artists and management on every phase of an album or single’s life cycle.
• Represent Secretly Group at numerous festivals, conferences, and industry events each year.
• Be a team player with all divisions, labels, levels and regions of the organization
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in promotion of new music to radio, including 3+ years at one or more of the following: noncomm, AAA, Alternative.
• Track record of successful campaigns across multiple formats, including one or more of the following: noncomm, AAA, Alternative.
• Fluency with airplay tracking systems, radio trades and digital delivery services.
• High level of integrity, work ethic, communication, leadership and teamwork skills.
• Ability to travel, at times extensively and/or on short notice
• Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation days
To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate send email directly to Jessie LaJoie, Secretly’s HR Director at email@example.com