- RSS Channel Showcase 1850626
- RSS Channel Showcase 9901921
- RSS Channel Showcase 8935181
- RSS Channel Showcase 2230026
Articles on this Page
- 10/16/17--11:36: _Redeye Seeks Invent...
- 11/01/17--06:26: _Secretly Distributi...
- 11/03/17--13:28: _Grammy Winning Arti...
- 11/06/17--09:18: _GLOBAL AFFILIATES P...
- 11/10/17--11:05: _Reply To: Ghostly I...
- 10/23/17--13:22: _Ghostly Internation...
- 11/14/17--12:11: _Associate Program D...
- 11/14/17--17:59: _Director, E-Commerc...
- 10/25/17--14:44: _Sound Performance S...
- 11/21/17--11:11: _CD Baby Seeks Produ...
- 11/21/17--12:59: _A&R Intern For ...
- 11/22/17--10:26: _Marketing Coordinat...
- 11/25/17--15:21: _IT DIRECTOR
- 11/25/17--15:57: _ASSISTANT TO THE PR...
- 11/27/17--06:49: _Redeye Seeks Label ...
- 11/27/17--10:12: _Software and Data E...
- 11/28/17--09:17: _Beggars Group seeks...
- 11/29/17--14:37: _Billions Seeks Agen...
- 11/30/17--13:44: _Dangerbird Director...
- 11/30/17--14:54: _Reply To: Dangerbir...
- 10/16/17--11:36: Redeye Seeks Inventory Control Manager
- 11/01/17--06:26: Secretly Distribution Seeks Head of Artist & Label Strategy
- 11/03/17--13:28: Grammy Winning Artist Seeks Part-Time Production Assistant
- 11/06/17--09:18: GLOBAL AFFILIATES PUBLSHING GROUP Seeks Temp Hire
- 11/10/17--11:05: Reply To: Ghostly International seeks GM/COO
- 10/23/17--13:22: Ghostly International seeks GM/COO
- 11/14/17--17:59: Director, E-Commerce and Merchandise – Red Bull Records
- 10/25/17--14:44: Sound Performance Seek New Business Sales Rep (NYC)
- 11/21/17--11:11: CD Baby Seeks Product Owner (Portland, OR)
- 11/21/17--12:59: A&R Intern For PRMD Music
- 11/22/17--10:26: Marketing Coordinator – ATO Records
- 11/25/17--15:21: IT DIRECTOR
- 11/25/17--15:57: ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT OF TUFF CITY RECORDS
- 11/27/17--06:49: Redeye Seeks Label and Artist Accountant
- 11/27/17--10:12: Software and Data Engineer
- 11/28/17--09:17: Beggars Group seeks London-based Creative Designer/Developer
- 11/29/17--14:37: Billions Seeks Agency Associate
- 11/30/17--13:44: Dangerbird Director of Digital
- 11/30/17--14:54: Reply To: Dangerbird Director of Digital
Redeye is currently accepting applications for the role of Inventory Control Manager.
The Inventory Control Manager oversees all aspects of Redeye’s inventory. The focus of this position is managing all aspects of physical stock to ensure best possible fill on orders, including stock ordering for new releases and catalog, receiving, stock placement and organization, and refurbishment of returns.
If you are interested in applying, please email a resume and cover letter to Aaron Freeman aaron(at)redeyeworldwide(dot)com.
The closing date to apply for this position is November 15th 2017.
Significant duties of the Inventory Control Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
*Daily monitoring and PO creation for:
*Best selling titles
*Recent new releases
Weekly monitoring and PO creation for:
*Full Redeye catalog
*Priority Redeye labels
*Ongoing communication with Project Managers and Sales Reps about stock, fill, and marketing conditions that affect ordering
*Ongoing monitoring of possible out of print titles, communication regarding suspension or deletion of titles
*Oversees all receiving of product in the company, this includes:
*Ensuring receipt of all product as quickly as possible, ideally same day
*Ensuring all product arriving at Redeye HQ is identified, sorted, checked for required packaging, and placed in an appropriate bin based on stock movement.
*Ensuring all packages received meet Redeye expectations; communicating to labels that don’t meet these requirements.
*Oversees returns department, which includes:
*Ensuring all returns processed with 30 days
*Ensures all refurb request for damaged product completed in a timely fashion
*Ensures organization, accuracy, and cleanliness of returns area
*Oversees all storage of product within Redeye’s warehouse to ensure order picking is as efficient as possible. This includes bin management, racking setup, overstock management, and pick path configuration.
*Oversees ongoing cycle counts and other recurring inventory counts to ensure inventory is always as accurate as possible.
*Oversees the research of all inventory discrepancies as well as their resolution.
*Working with IT, oversees creation of all inventory management tools related to ordering stock, communication with labels, stock receiving, and inventory management.
*Works closely with the Shipping and Warehouse Manager to ensure timely shipment of all orders and other warehouse related tasks.
*Attends all company events and encouraged to attend shows from distributed artists and labels.
*All other tasks as assigned by COO
Minimum education and skills:
*High school graduate or equivalent.
*Must be Microsoft Windows/Office & internet proficient.
*Must be excellent at communicating, organization, and highly motivated.
*Must be able to focus on many different projects in a fast-paced environment.
*Experience with music and/or consumer packaged goods preferred.
*At least three years of purchasing and/or stock management experience.
*At least three years management experience.
*At least three years warehouse experience.
Title: Head of Artist & Label Strategy
Company: Secretly Distribution
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Austin, or Bloomington
Secretly Distribution is a global distributor servicing physical and digital distribution for an exclusive group of over 40 independent record labels including Asthmatic Kitty, Captured Tracks, Dead Oceans, Constellation, Ghostly INTL, Jagjaguwar, Numero Group, Sacred Bones Records, Secretly Canadian, Temporary Residence Ltd., Touch and Go Records, Western Vinyl and many more. Founded in 1997 to help get the music of a few growing labels into the hands of the people that needed to hear it, two decades later we have expanded our offices globally but remain headquartered in Bloomington, IN.
Secretly Distribution seeks candidate for ‘Head of Artist & Label Strategy’. Candidate will utilize their industry relationships and experience to bring new partnerships to Secretly Distribution while working hand-in-hand with our GM, Sales Directors and Project Managers to on-board new business. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the independent landscape to identify ideal partnerships and up-and-coming artist and label brands across a wide range of genres. This position reports to the Managing Director and is available in the following US offices: Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Bloomington, Austin.
• Identify new artist and label partnerships for Secretly Distribution
• Craft internal organizational framework for discussing and sharing prospective new business
• Work with Managing Director to set quarterly/yearly benchmarks for new business, leading weekly meetings to monitor progress
• Assist Sales and Project Management teams with existing business by finding unique opportunities in and outside our distribution ecosystem
• Represent Secretly Distribution at numerous festivals, conferences, and industry events each year
• Minimum of 5+ years experience in the music industry which may include label services, distribution, marketing and promotions experience
• Strong familiarity with physical and digital distribution landscape
• Track record of strong rapport with industry peers across labels, artists, and the independent music ecosystem in general
• High level of integrity, work ethic, communication, leadership and teamwork skills
• Ability to travel, at times extensively and/or on short notice
• Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation days
To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate send email directly to Jessie LaJoie, Secretly’s HR Director at email@example.com
Grammy Award winning artist Dan Zanes and Claudia Eliaza are seeking a forward thinking highly motivated Production Assistant. Applicant must be able to commit to a 15-hour workweek, 3 days a week at their home office located in Brooklyn.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
– Managing/Coordinating calendar, including scheduling meetings
– Tracking phone and email correspondence in a timely fashion
– Assisting with the coordination of projects, performances, tours and events
– Creating and maintaining office documents
– General office and administrative duties
– Updating the website and social media
– Shooting and uploading video lessons
– Create, update and distribute daily reports.
– Formatting and sending newsletters
– Assist with production in all areas
Skills and Requirements:
– Must have minimum of 2 years experience as Production Assistant
– Excellent follow up and organization skills with exceptional attention to detail
– Develop and enact social media strategies to promote performances
– Must have excellent written and verbal skills
– Ability to manage projects, prioritize multiple tasks and meet task deadlines
– High level of professionalism and the ability to handle confidential information
– Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and thorough in work
– Must be a team player with a positive, can-do attitude, but also able to work independently without a lot of supervision
– Effective trouble-shooting skills and good judgment
– Self motivated, eager learner with an ability to process suggestions, corrections and feedback professionally
– Must be dependable and punctual with a professional personal presentation
– Demonstrated interest in New York City’s cultural landscape and a passion for the arts. Previous experience with non-profits, performance ‘
venues or arts administration/production is strongly preferred.
GLOBAL AFFILIATES PUBLSHING GROUP Seeks Temp contractor Hire To register are back catalog of 10,000 works with the HFA
if Interested please send a resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org Along with how much you would want for this Temp contractor Job with GLOBAL AFFILIATES PUBLSHING GROUP
Ghostly International – Founded in 1999, Ghostly has grown from a boutique music label known for its experimental-pop and techno acumen to an internationally recognized platform for the work of the world’s best visual artists, designers, technologists, and musicians. The Company operates three verticals as music label, publisher, and retailer. Through these divisions, Ghostly functions as a multi-platform cultural curator of events, art, clothing, merchandise, technology, licensed products and recorded music. The company is based in Brooklyn, NY, its music can be heard at live venues and on major streaming services all over the world, and its unique merchandise is available in the Ghostly Store. For more information visit ghostly.com and theghostlystore.com.
Play an integral role in leading the operations of an important brand in music, art and events. Guide and contribute to the advancement of a company that punches above its weight in multiple genres and entertainment and cultural platforms. Report directly to the Founder & CEO and oversee multiple functions including finance, operations, IT, real estate and people & culture, and play a key role in new business development.
• Oversee relationships with third party accounting, banking, insurance and other partners.
• Directly manage Royalties staff.
• Ensure effective and compliant use of Quickbooks, SR1 and other financial systems.
• Provide P&L insight and support to the business unit directors.
• Conduct forward looking analysis and business intelligence to support executive decision making.
People & Culture
• Partner with the Founder & CEO on people strategy, and lead the execution of the annual performance, compensation and profit sharing programs at Ghostly.
• Make recommendations for staff development, and serve as a mentor and peer mentor.
• Manage payroll and benefits.
• Be a role model for all staff: engender the vibe of a small elite high performing organization that delivers the highest levels of artistry and business achievement.
• Provide planning and thought leadership for annual company summit.
• Ensure a smooth running work environment for all Ghostly staff and partners.
• Maintain cost effective and comfortable real estate needs of the organization.
• Keep up Ghostly’s access and use of secure, cutting edge Information Technology to support effective creative and business processes.
• Shepherd initiatives and partnerships that impact the collective brand for Ghostly and its artists.
• Work closely with the Founder & CEO in executing enterprise-wide marketing and branding initiatives.
• Provide process and tools that bring efficiency to the marketing activities in the three divisions. Identify best practices that can be shared across the divisions.
• Lead the stewardship of business goals that connect across business units, and major company goals outside of the business units.
• Play an active role in connecting and supporting the direction of the Label, Publishing and Store business units.
• Identify, negotiate and activate partnerships, collaborations, brand partnerships, events and other initiatives that drive Ghostly’s growth and cultural impact.
• Provide coordination, process leadership and structure to the division heads in support of larger deals and projects that exist across
Skills and Experience
• Experience as a general manager in the music business, with demonstrated expertise cross functionally in operations, finance and human resources.
• Strong financial and business acumen.
• Passion for independent music.
• Strong industry relationships, connections and reputation, with the ability to network to open doors toward stated business objectives.
• Deal sourcing, structuring and negotiation skills.
• High integrity, experienced professional who commands respect.
• Excellent communicator.
• Patient, supportive, service oriented and reliable.
• Inclusive team champion with demonstrated maturity.
To apply to the GM & COO opportunity, or to recommend a qualified candidate, contact Ghostly’s exclusive recruiting partner at Careers@EnterGain.com and include GM & COO in the subject line.
We seek an accomplished music industry expert to contribute leadership and management skills and a passion for teaching and mentorship to one of the nation’s leading Music Industry Programs.
Located in the heart of Philadelphia, PA, Drexel University’s Music Industry Program is in high demand from prospective students. We feature state of the art music production and classroom facilities, a dynamic and ambitious student body, and a well-respected faculty that has terrific industry experience. The program admits about 72 freshmen each year with half specializing in the study of the business of the music industry and the other half focusing on music recording and production. The Music Industry program is housed in the Westphal College of Media Arts & Design, and includes the MAD Dragon Music Group, a collection of faculty-led, student run enterprises that has built a reputation for innovative and award-winning releases.
The successful candidate will be well-versed in this rapidly changing industry and will bring in-depth expertise related to the creation/production, marketing or distribution of live and/or recorded music. You will be expected to teach two or three courses during each of our fall, winter and spring quarters. As Associate Program Director, you will be expected to contribute substantial service working with the Program Director on recruitment, curricular development, student advising, alumni outreach, course scheduling and participating in the management of the MAD Dragon Music Group.
To find out more about the program, go to:
Demonstrable depth, breadth and working knowledge of the current global music industry.
Prior teaching experience at the college or university level.
At least 5 years of experience on the business side (marketing, publishing, manager, label, etc.) of the music industry.
M.B.A. or Masters Degree in a related discipline.
Ability to administer/manage an academic program.
Ability to administer/manage an academic program strongly desired.
Teach undergraduate courses in Music Industry business.
Mentor students in their Senior Projects, which are capstone projects encompassing a nine-month span from planning to completion.
Serve as Assistant Program Director of the Music Industry Program.
Continue to develop music industry professional connections useful for the Music Industry Program.
Maintain involvement in appropriate professional organizations and a continued professional research/creative agenda.
Contribute to curriculum development and service to the program.
The position commences September 1, 2018. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. All applications must be submitted though DrexelJobs.com. Applications must include a cover letter, a CV or resume and the completed online application form.
About Westphal College:
Westphal College is a NASAD accredited institution that offers seventeen award-winning undergraduate and seven graduate degree programs. Our innovative approach to teaching challenging creative fields emphasizes learning in small studio settings under the tutelage of over one hundred and thirty full-time faculty who are noted artists, scholars, researchers and industry professionals. The Westphal College has more than two thousand students and is one of the largest of Drexel’s fourteen schools and colleges.
Drexel is located in the heart of Philadelphia, a vibrant city with a rich cultural history and the only UNESCO World Heritage city in the nation.
About Drexel University:
Drexel University is a comprehensive research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With approximately 25,000 students, Drexel is one of America’s 15 largest private universities and is passionately committed to interdisciplinary research, experiential learning, and meaningful community engagement.
Drexel University offers an attractive benefits package including tuition remission, a generous retirement package and an opportunity to join a talented team of professionals directly helping the University achieve its record growth and quality reputation.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment will be contingent upon the University’s acceptance of the results of the background investigation.
Red Bull Records is a full-service independent record label dedicated to long-term artist development, with a diverse roster across a variety of musical genres. We are seeking an experienced Director, E-Commerce and Merchandise to oversee global merchandise and webstore operations for our artists and label. Position located in West Hollywood, CA.
• Manage the product lines and logistics of all merchandise related activities globally (including e-commerce, retail and tour merchandise) for our artists and label.
• Oversee the merchandise production chain including ideation, design solicitation, manufacturing, logistics, marketing, sales and administration.
• Coordinate with artist management on tour merchandising plans, projections and logistics.
• Maximize our merchandising opportunities with physical and digital retailers.
• Liase with our existing suppliers and distributors to identify new areas and territories of expansion.
• Execute webstore logistics and marketing campaigns; integrate merchandise initiatives and sales goals into overall artist and album plans.
• Work with our Digital Marketing team to oversee all merchandise related content, social media and advertising campaigns.
• Manage all seasonal webstore events and artist preorder campaigns.
• Work directly with our CFO and Finance team to track accounts receivable and accounts payable, as well as manage and track inventory.
• Work directly with Operations team to pursue, close and maintain merchandise deals with our artists and managers.
• Oversee physical production for our new releases including pricing, determining packaging specs with label and management, deadlines, and logistics.
• 5 + years of experience in the merchandise field.
• Reports to Global Head of Marketing.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience; full benefits.
Resumes to: email@example.com
Sound Performance is a specialist supplier to the Music Industry. Working with many leading Independent Record Labels we project manage the concept, production and manufacturing of physical products including box sets, special packaging, Vinyl pressing and CD replication.
Reporting to the General Manager your time will be split between the office and off-site meetings establishing and developing new accounts.
Duties will involve identifying new business opportunities, project managing, growing and developing existing accounts, meeting regularly with clients, preparing estimates along with maximising sales margins and attending relevant industry functions to network with potential new clients, and to keep in touch with existing customers.
The role is ideal for a music lover at the start of their career, you will need to be ambitious, self-motivated, friendly and outgoing with the ability to build enduring relationships with customers. A proven sales ability, relevant industry experience and an existing network of potential customers will all be highly attractive advantages.
Salary based upon experience. There will be an initial 3 month trial period.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Product Owner represents CD Baby (and other AVL brands) stakeholder interests and works closely with development as part of an Agile development process, Scrum specifically. In this role, you will lead the tactical implementation of product development as well as working with the key business stakeholders and Product Manager to define overall product requirements, vision and long-term strategic roadmap.
-Work closely with business stakeholders to define and prioritize the product backlog and product roadmap for CD Baby and other AVL brands
-Actively manage stakeholders requirements and expectations through each project while truly owning the product vision and release plan
-Communicate clearly and often with the Scrum team, collaborate with the design teams, and be prepared to train internal support teams on new releases
-Frequently re-prioritize backlogs based on stakeholder feedback, market changes, business priority and available resources
-Hold team accountable to their commitments and accept or reject the Scrum teams work at the close of each sprint
-Attend all required Scrum meetings including: daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint review
-Provide the team with clear information regarding who the end user is and: how, when, and why they use the product or service
-Establish success criteria for key product features using meaningful metrics
-Collaborate closely with developers during sprints. Clarify requirements and make timely decisions on execution details
-Experience working with an Agile product development team in a Product Owner role
-Proven ability to create detailed, thoughtful and actionable requirements including functional specifications, UI designs, workflow diagrams etc.
-Experience using a wiki, and working with project management tools (Trello, Jira, VersionOne, Rally or similar).
-Ideal candidate will be well organized, self-motivated, and a clear communicator no matter the circumstance
-Experience in the music industry is a plus
• Responsible for assisting Sr. A&R Manager in all aspects
• Manage and schedule meetings, showcases, and calendars
• Coordinate sessions with producers and songwriters
• Handle travel and itineraries
• Act as a liaison between the label, artists, and management companies that represent them
• Work closely with all departments including marketing, publicity, sales, product management, finance and legal
• Assist and participate in coordination of record production. Work with mixing and mastering engineers, studio managers, and artists throughout the process
• Maintain and develop relationships directly with artists
• Scout and research new artist, songwriter, and producer talent for PRMD Music & PRMD Publishing
• Review demo submissions and cover shows
• Coordinate detailed bi-weekly A&R research reports and other scouting projects
• Cover studio sessions
• Provide all levels of support including phones, expense reports, travel, and studio bookings
• Prospective interns should have a basic understanding of the music industry and A&R, but still be eager to learn more about the day-to-day process behind it all.
• Prospective interns must LOVE listening to indie and unsigned artists.
• Skills must include basic Microsoft Office and Internet research.
• Experience as a songwriter, performer, producer, engineer, etc is a plus.
• Interest in pursuing a career in artists and repertoire (A&R).
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills required.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
• Must be pro-active, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-through while adhering to deadlines.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks sufficiently while working independently.
• Strong interest in the music industry preferred.
• Strong organizational skills are preferred.
• Candidate must be reliable and have good time management skills.
All interested candidates should e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com
ATO is looking for a hungry music lover to join the team as a marketing coordinator. This individual will assist four project managers directly with asset creation, tour promotion, as well as social and digital upkeep for artists and the label. They need to be a self-starter as well as efficient, organized, and have excellent writing ability. The role also entails administrative tasks including hiring interns and office organization. Experience with the Adobe suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Muse, and Premiere) is required.
Assist with asset development:
Digital assets: websites, social skins and graphics, one-sheets, newsletters, artist and label updates
Creative assets: photoshoots, videos, bio
Promotional assets: posters, promotional items/GWP
Send regular analytics and updates to team including international distributors
Upload, whitelist, and monetize Soundcloud and upload videos to VEVO
Coordinate radio and indie retail mailings and follow-up
Digital + Creative Marketing
Send weekly Soundscan reports
Update and maintain ATO website via WordPress
Post on and create assets for ATO socials
Create e-newsletters via Mailchimp
Create D2C websites and artist landing pages using Adobe Muse
Create vinyl packaging videos using Adobe Premiere
Update ATO playlists on Soundcloud and Youtube
Build and maintain database of contacts in various creative fields (directors, photographers, art directors, stylists, makeup artists, etc)
Send posters and digital assets to promoters
Set ticket holds with promoters and purchase
Set artists up on atVenu and make sure TMs are reporting sales
Create show invites and manage guest lists
Hire, train, and supervise interns
Place product orders
Pump the jams on Sonos!
Please Send Resumes To:
Jeanette (at) atorecords (dot) com AND
Jon (at) atorecords (dot) com
Supervise the dissemination of musical data to a range of external music and financial platforms.
Incorporate existing software and / or create new software for the running of a music company.
Proficient with MS Excel.
Experience with music business a plus.
Software creation a plus.
Tri-State area New York – mandatory.
Working for a small record company in midtown Manhattan, New York.
Tech savvy, and extremely organized.
Command of new technology a plus.
Command of QuickBooks a plus.
Affection for old media a plus.
Must live in Metro New York area.
Redeye is currently accepting applications for the role of Label and Artist Accountant.
If you are interested in applying, please email a resume and cover letter to Jim Trenner. jimt(at)redeyeworldwide(dot)com.
Significant duties of the Label and Artist Accountant include, but are not limited to, the following:
*Setup new vendors and customers in the database with all financial terms of their contracts, including all distribution fees, fee structures, and territory rights information.
*Answer all questions about monthly statements and pending payments from labels.
*Enter end of month data for all labels (digital, sales, returns, etc.)
*Prepare payment amounts related to labels
*Prepare estimated payments for future months
*Create P&Ls for new labels as needed and keep P&L template updated
*Assist Accounting Director with GL recons/entries/templates as needed
*Upload all monthly statements from digital customers into database before month end
*Invoice digital statements from digital customers, including Spotify, Apple, Amazon, Pandora, and others.
*Assess profitability of labels at the end of their contract term
*Create various custom reports as needed by labels
Yep Roc Music Group
*Coordinate with outside consultant on the following tasks:
*Ensure all information in the royalty accounting software (RTS) is accurate and current.
*Upload data into and extract reports from royalty system (mechanical and artist royalties).
*Generate quarterly mechanical statements and semi-annual artist royalty statements. Fully accountable for accuracy and integrity of these statements.
*Answer any accounting/statement related questions from Yep Roc artists/artist managers quickly and efficiently. Confer with outside consultant as necessary.
*Receive, review, and ensure all Yep Roc income and expenses are flowing to the correct accounts.
*Update Return Reserve, Inventory Obsolescence, and Artist Profit Share Models as advised by Director of Accounting, HR and Technology.
*Perform deal analysis for potential projects upon request.
*Design, improve, and document all processes involving the royalty system.
*Perform accounting duties for Riff City Music Publishing (the in-house publishing company).
*Process payments from Performance Rights Organizations, Labels, and anyone else paying for music licenses; Issue payments to songwriters; *Give Accounting Director breakdown of income vs. expense.
*Ensure integrity and accuracy of Riff City general ledger, reconcile when needed (with Accounting Director)
*Enter all income, payments, advances, etc. into Riff City database
*Make sure all rates and songs are up to date in the database
*Assist in GL reconciliations specifically related to Yep Roc
*Maintain spreadsheet for each new release that tracks all details of the setup
*BS or BA, preferably in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
*Must have strong analytical skills including extensive experience with reporting systems, data gathering, and data management.
*High level of proficiency in MS Excel, including pivot tables, VLOOKUP and SUMIF formulas, filtering and sorting
*High level of proficiency in MS Access.
*Working knowledge of music accounting, including royalty and mechanical accounting
*Experience with NetSuite or a comparable software strongly preferred
*Experience with Insightly and Google Docs
*Experience with QuickBooks
Independent record label seeks a Data Engineer to build and maintain data pipelines. This is an independent-contractor, work from home position.
• Experience with Python and SQL
• Ability to work with APIs, google sheets, and other disparate sources
• Working knowledge of Amazon Redshift and S3 storage
• Automation of ETL jobs
• Data warehouse concepts and optimization for BI tools, such as Mode, Power BI, Tableau
• 4-6 years’ experience with database architecture
• Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality
• Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery
• Ability to work with a high volume of heterogeneous data
Beggars Group (4AD, Matador, Rough Trade, XL, Young Turks, New Gen) is looking for a talented London-based Designer/Front-End Developer to work with our artists and labels.
We are looking for someone with a real love for music and an interest and awareness of how the industry is developing and changing online. We love coming up with fun and innovative online ideas and strategies for our artists and we hope you will too. The web team is part of the marketing department and everything we build is part of a wider campaign strategy so an interest in marketing would be a great advantage.
As well as having excellent Design and Front-End Development skills, we’re looking for a great communicator who’s able to collaborate closely with our artists, managers and labels as well as our other designers and developers (in both the London and New York offices). You need to be able to both listen to and interpret labels and artists’ online ideas and needs, and be able to explain and advise about your own ideas/best practice.
Requirements & Skills
• 2+ years experience in a related field
• Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills
• Great design skills, Photoshop/illustrator etc
• Excellent semantic XHTML/HTML5, CSS, jquery
• An interest with PHP would be an advantage
• A good working knowledge of WordPress
• Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects
• Version control (GIT, SVN or equiv)
Please send applications and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 1st.
The Billions Corporation is accepting applications for the position of Agency Associate in our Chicago, Nashville, or Seattle offices.
The Agency Associate will work closely with the agents and agency team to craft and execute strategy as well as coordinate logistics surrounding our artists’ tours. Responsibilities include:
• Assisting the agents with routings, deal negotiations, and show confirmations
• Maintaining database information for performances and artists
• Liaising with publicists, managers, label employees, and other industry professionals regarding additions and changes to tour dates and deals
• Managing artist riders and issuing contracts
• Assisting artist teams with day of show logistical issues
• Collaborating with the administrative department to ensure all details have been communicated to the artist’s team for a successful tour
Ideal candidates possess the following:
• The ability to manage several concurrent projects with an aptitude for detail and effectively reprioritize tasks as needed, in a high volume and time-sensitive environment
• Excellent communication skills
• An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Excel and Word; familiarity with FileMaker, WordPress as well as basic accounting and geography a plus
• A healthy sense of self-motivation, strong organizational skills and a professional manner
• 2+ years of experience working in talent buying, tour booking, at a record label, or in music management
The ability to thrive in an open and collaborative office environment and a passion for music are essential. Familiarity with a significant portion of our roster of clients is also helpful. The position is available in our Chicago, Nashville, or Seattle offices. No relocation allowances will be offered. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Resumes@billions.com with the position you are applying for in the subject line.
DANGERBIRD DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL
Dangerbird Director of Digital is a full-time, salaried position based in Los Angeles. In this role, you will oversee the company’s digital infrastructure and drive consumption of label and artist assets across a broad range of platforms. The ideal candidate is driven, creative and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects and cheerfully step up to new challenges in a quickly-evolving landscape. Experience at a label, streaming service, agency, management or related digital media company is required. Pre-existing relationships with digital partners and an understanding of the creative world across a range of media is a plus. We’re looking for an individual that’s powered by music, loves going to shows, is informed and passionate about new technologies and has a proactive approach to problem-solving with a love for making things happen.
– Managing the company’s digital asset delivery and ingestion. Coordination with manufacturing on release deliverables for all frontline and catalog titles. Directing D2C/ECommerce platform commissioning and strategy.
– Maintaining and updating the company’s public-facing digital properties and profiles, including website, label and artist profiles and distributor dashboards. Overseeing company IT infrastructure.
– Overseeing digital rollout for pre-order launch, digital single and album releases. Planning and implementing strategic and creative digital marketing campaigns, streaming and content engagement strategies for frontline projects and catalog.
– Fostering and managing relationships as the day-to-day label contact for DSPs and strategic partners including iTunes/Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube / Google Play, Amazon, Pandora, Soundcloud, Vevo, Bandcamp, Noisetrade, iHeartMedia, Shazam, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Bandsintown, Songkick etc.
– Ensuring release objectives are clearly defined. Providing ad-hoc and regular DSP consumption reports that analyze performance in accurate and actionable ways. Identify industry trends to shape future campaigns and keep staff informed as best practices evolve.
– Driving streaming metrics for frontline and catalog titles across a broad scope of platforms, with heavy focus on pitching to secure placements on partner curated playlists. Organizing marketing initiatives and managing exclusive content with digital retailers and streaming services. Utilizing relevant analytics and consumer insights to inform creative marketing & commercial decisions. Working closely with artist management & publishing teams to develop and maximize opportunities. Seeking out innovative and emerging companies across the digital streaming landscape for partnerships, marketing or advertising opportunities.
– Assisting in the creation of marketing assets to drive awareness. Coordinating with and supporting efforts of Marketing Managers in digital advertising, social/community management, publicity, manufacturing, A&R plans as appropriate.
– Practical content and digital asset management experience.
– Understanding of digital media, music streaming landscape and marketing best practices.
– Strong grasp of audio and video metadata standards and rights management processes.
– Experience designing, hosting, maintaining and updating websites.
– Proficient in HTML, CSS and WordPress.
– Comfortable with Google Docs, MS Office, Creative Suite, Dropbox, Mac-based programs.
– Familiarity with ECRM, SEO & SEM, YouTube Content ID system experience a plus.
– Basic video and audio editing skills, IT infrastructure experience (ex. gSuite, network admin) a plus.
– Experience with print production, Vinyl/CD manufacturing or indie record stores a plus
– Familiarity with social media management, digital advertising and ecommerce platforms
Send resume to info (at) dangerbird (dot) com
test i would love this job