- RSS Channel Showcase 4410347
- RSS Channel Showcase 7424929
- RSS Channel Showcase 2486238
- RSS Channel Showcase 9811989
Articles on this Page
- 02/27/18--09:40: _E7LG Seeking a Prod...
- 02/27/18--12:36: _Label Development M...
- 02/27/18--14:07: _E7LG seeking a Digi...
- 03/01/18--08:37: _Licensing Intern ...
- 03/01/18--13:56: _Six Degrees Records...
- 03/02/18--09:09: _!K7 NEW YORK SYNCH ...
- 03/02/18--11:49: _Office Space wanted:
- 03/07/18--10:16: _Publicity Intern ...
- 03/08/18--14:29: _Secretly Distributi...
- 03/12/18--14:12: _E7LG Seeking a Labe...
- 03/15/18--08:44: _Secretly Distributi...
- 03/16/18--14:46: _Mascot Label Group ...
- 03/20/18--06:52: _Redeye Seeks Projec...
- 03/20/18--07:39: _DIGITAL ACCOUNTS CO...
- 03/23/18--20:45: _INDIE MUSIC PUBLISH...
- 03/29/18--12:54: _Smithsonian Folkway...
- 03/29/18--18:25: _Production Associat...
- 03/30/18--08:46: _Polyvinyl seeking f...
- 03/30/18--13:41: _Secretly Publishing...
- 03/30/18--15:04: _Mid-sized indie rec...
- 02/27/18--09:40: E7LG Seeking a Production/Digital Operations Coordinator
- 02/27/18--12:36: Label Development Manager Opening at Ingrooves
- 02/27/18--14:07: E7LG seeking a Digital Strategy Catalog Streaming Coordinator
- 03/01/18--08:37: Licensing Intern – Domino Publishing Company
- 03/01/18--13:56: Six Degrees Records is hiring a Marketing & Publicity Coordinator
- 03/02/18--09:09: !K7 NEW YORK SYNCH REPRESENTATIVE
- 03/02/18--11:49: Office Space wanted:
- 03/07/18--10:16: Publicity Intern – DOMINO RECORDING COMPANY
- 03/12/18--14:12: E7LG Seeking a Label Coordinator-Streaming/Radio Sales in LA
- 03/16/18--14:46: Mascot Label Group Seeks Intern Summer 2018
- 03/20/18--06:52: Redeye Seeks Project Manager (Los Angeles, CA)
- 03/20/18--07:39: DIGITAL ACCOUNTS COORDINATOR – NYC
- 03/23/18--20:45: INDIE MUSIC PUBLISHER SEEKS BUSINESS AFFAIRS ATTORNEY.
- 03/29/18--18:25: Production Associate – mtheory, NY
- 03/30/18--08:46: Polyvinyl seeking full-time Web Developer
Eleven Seven Label Group, one of the fastest growing, forward-thinking, global independent labels, is currently looking for a Production Coordinator in their NY office.
Work with the Production Manager in the distribution of both digital & physical release, from the moment it is scheduled until after it is released.
Create release schedules with deadline dates, run weekly scheduling meeting (when necessary); update and publish schedule.
Once Release is scheduled create UPC-Assign ISRC codes for every track.
Assist in gathering assets for all digital releases and enter label copy into various distribution workstations.
Follow up on Release Audits, ensuring all digital releases appear as intended in store.
Monitor any changes of Release Plan with DSP’s.
Manage getting all elements and approvals for physical releases and deliver to make release dates.
Deliver all physical and digital assets internationally.
Save all assets on shared drive.
Solicit Promo & International needs. Coordinate physical shipments, create international Invoices.
Place stock requests; create smart URL buy links.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum of 2-3 year of Digital Operation or Production experience at a label or distribution company preferred.
• Experience dealing with digital product (i.e. entering data, art specs, DSP’s).
• Some experience with physical product landscape.
• Experience and Knowledge of DSP’s.
• Be available for International territories in different time zones along with troubleshooting issues.
• Knowledge of current and future trends in music, music business, and the digital account landscape
• Overall knowledge of digital supply chain
• Knowledge of CMS’s & knowledge of rules of the DSP’s
• Knowledge of best practices for various DSP’s.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Must love music
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Company matching 401k
• Paid holiday and vacation
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com
At INgrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best end-to-end digital asset management platform tools and services to content creators and owners.
Our focus is on promoting quality independent music labels through our network of media store partnerships that include Spotify, iTunes, Pandora, Amazon, Google Music, YouTube, and Napster.
Our team is solutions-oriented, predisposed to delivering fun and results!
Reporting to the SVP, Label Development, the Label Development Manager will focus on the development of key US based record labels. This position will manage the day to day activities for distributed labels, working alongside label partners to develop artists and promote distributed music and video content. A successful candidate will have a strong passion and knowledge of music and pop culture with an excitement for independent label and artist development. They need to be a creative strategist who possess a strong understanding of the opportunities in the digital retail landscape. Preferably, they have experience with metadata best practices and have solid technical capabilities.
The Label Development Manager is based in our Los Angeles office.
What does it take to be successful at Ingrooves
For Music. For technology that supports music. For making things happen. For collaborating.
The successful candidate aligns with the Ingrooves culture by being solutions-oriented, collaborative, leveraging best practices, and possessing a passion for both technology and music.
The successful candidate will be open minded with a natural curiosity of internal and external customers, product oriented with an understanding of the development process. Builds and fosters strong relationships and effective partnerships with cross-functional teams.
Executing for Results
The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to generate strategy, develop strategic planning, and translate into actionable plans with timely execution and accountability.
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships, operates with integrity, influences and supports others, and remains open to ideas.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and have a demonstrable record of resolving issues and providing solutions. Demonstrates eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverages a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity and/or change.
Managing the day to day relationships with US based label partners acting as the primary point of contact externally to the label and internally representing your labels’ interests
Work with the SVP, Label Development and Label Development team to strategize on growth of US based music content on a global level
Managing, organizing, and overseeing label and release presentations
Manage label partners’ priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary
Implement Best Practices across all release campaigns
Ensure the Global Sales and Engagement departments have all the assets and drivers necessary to properly solicit and market priority releases and provide appropriate cross-territory support
Work to develop a strategic partnership with the US based labels to help guide label level distribution strategy
Liaise with all internal departments including sales strategy, engagement, video, operations, insights & analytics, finance and legal to ensure all label partners’ business needs are met
Manage assigned label’s physical and digital product logistics and operations, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Ingrooves platforms and systems
Drive product adoption of Ingrooves’ technology platforms and services across the label roster
Lead in business reviews with priority US label partners
3 – 5 years’ experience within a label, distribution or management company working with labels, managers and artists
Passionate about music discovery and a fan of multiple genres of music with the ability to represent Ingrooves in the marketplace
Extensive knowledge and relationships in the independent music community
Strong relationship builder, creative and resourceful at getting to the finish line
Excellent customer service and relationship-building capability — always with a professional demeanor
Articulate in written and oral communication
Ability to maintain multiple project timelines with close attention to detail while being accountable and responsive
Experience with top digital music services, social media applications, and digital music best practices
Experience with digital and physical retail distribution
Working knowledge of physical production and the physical retail landscape
International music business experience a plus
Why work with us?
We are passionate about developing dynamic solutions in a relaxed and engaged environment. Our people matter! And we are proudly indie! Work hard, play hard, in-house live music, flexible time off, offices in New York, London, Berlin, Oslo, Victoria. Ingrooves is the place to work!
Interested candidates can apply here: http://smrtr.io/1CkJ5A
Major independent global record label is looking to expand! The Eleven Seven Label Group consists of Eleven Seven Music, Better Noise Records, and Five Seven Music with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, and Berlin. E7LG is seeking a Coordinator, Digital Strategy – Streaming Catalog position in New York. This is a full-time position which offers great benefits. This position reports to the Label Manager, E7LG Catalog and is a key component of the digital marketing team. This person will support continued development and growth of a roster of rock and alternative artists. Responsibilities will include:
• Spearheading promotional campaigns and playlist maximization with digital service providers for the label’s catalog
• Designing and implementing creative initiatives, facilitating requests internally as well as between managers and artists
• Helping to maintain artist web and social platforms initiatives.
• Develop and execute digital marketing and content distribution strategies for the label’s artists; prepare pitches to key streaming platforms, secure campaigns and marketing opportunities for catalog titles
• Partner Management: Support and manage relationships with key digital partner accounts. Liaise with label distribution partners to execute digital marketing initiatives.
• Creative Marketing and Revenue Development: Grow artist awareness, site traffic and content syndication through third-party editorials, feature placements, social networking strategies, marketing programs, D2C initiatives, contests/sweepstakes and exclusive content promotions to drive revenue
• Other Priority Marketing: Work with the marketing team to execute catalog campaigns, tour promotions and support all other company initiatives.
Desired Skills and Experience
• An understanding of digital service providers, social media platforms, industry trends and new technologies.
• Impeccable organizational skills
• Digital marketing experience in the label/management/agency world is ideal; 1-2+ years of experience managing the use of and/or relationships with digital distribution and social platforms
• Strong written/oral communication skills
• The ability to independently manage one’s time and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet associated deadlines
• The drive to take initiative, work independently and be accountable while also working as a team player who is collaborative, positive and flexible
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Please email resume to Harris@E7LG.com
This position reports to Licensing Director and Creative Director and perform the following duties:
– Song registration to performance right societies
– Research for song ownership by using various resources
– Drafting mechanical licenses and other documents
– Mailing CDs to music supervisors, ad agency’s etc.
– Administrative assistance with some office duties
– Related duties as assigned
– Strong Organizational skills; ability to work on multiple tasks
– Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Music lover with great attitude, eager to learn music publishing business and willing to take initiative
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MARKETING & PUBLICITY COORDINATOR / JR. GRAPHIC DESIGNER
(PART TIME POSITION)
Six Degrees Records ( http://www.sixdegreesrecords.com ) is looking for a new member to join the team. We are small label, and therefore we all wear many hats. If you are someone who is passionate about music and enjoys working in a dynamic environment where your duties may change depending on the day, see below. If you are interested in the position, send us a Cover Letter, Resume and a couple of examples of your best work to email@example.com
This position is part-time (up to 25 hs per week). It is an on-site position in our office in The Mission in San Francisco, CA. The salary is $15/hour.
– You are passionate about Music and have an open mind.
– You have experience in music marketing, PR, graphic design, web development, social media and/or editorial.
– You are proficient in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign). Send us a couple of examples of your best work.
– Basic WordPress and HTML knowledge is a plus.
Graphic Designer Responsibilities
– Design daily graphics for Social Media and for the website.
– Design marketing email blasts (twice – monthly) using Mailchimp.
– Create tour announcement posters.
– Create single covers for select projects when needed.
– Maintain website (Worpress & HTML knowledge is a plus).
– Design marketing one-sheets for each new release.
– Design Bandcamp pages.
– Help maintain visual coherence across all platforms.
Marketing & Publicity Responsibilities
– Prepare and send out weekly consumer email newsletters.
– Help coordinate the publicity for tour press, send geo-location reminders about upcoming shows.
– Assist indie publicists on follow ups, mailers and providing resources for particular new release campaigns. Ensure they have all necessary assets (photos, bio, music, etc).
– Update and maintain press database with the latest photos and bio for each artist.
– Act as the in-house publicist for select projects.
– Fulfill photo, CD, and mailing requests for press & radio contacts.
– Burn promo CD’s as needed with office tower and create in-house promo cases to be sent out in advance to press or radio.
– Help manage award submissions for GRAMMYs, Latin GRAMMYs, A2IAM Libera Awards and other awards.
New Media Resposibilties
– Edit audio for new podcasts. Help post new podcasts to Soundcloud and iTunes Podcasts.
– Edit short video content for new social media.
– Copywriting, blog posts and other sort of editorial.
Social Media Resposibilties
– You will handle the official Six Degrees Records Instagram account.
– Management of the Six Degrees Online Shop (Bandcamp).
– Help keep Soundcloud and Youtube up to date.
– Help keep all services updated with the latest playlists.
– Help maintain the warehouse.
– Manage the back end of the website via goDaddy: set up new email accounts for interns, manage resources, troubleshoot, etc.
SYNCH REPRESENTATIVE US
The primary function of this position will be to pursue and facilitate sync licensing and original composition opportunities in advertising, film, television, and video games for !K7’s roster of labels, artists, publishing catalog, and management clients.
Grow sync licensing revenue from existing clients and generate new sync licensing and original composition partnerships
Serve as primary point of contact between !K7 and potential music licensors, including music supervisors, advertising creatives, brands, filmmakers, etc.
Pursue opportunities for custom and original composition in film, television and advertising for !K7 writers and composers
Maintain quality relationships with the sync licensing community through regular email and phone contact, in-person meetings, networking events, etc. Some travel may be required
Utilize knowledge of catalog to provide custom music options for incoming music searches and briefs
Work directly with !K7’s composers and serve as internal music supervisor for custom composition opportunities
Present !K7’s new releases and catalog to clients in an exciting and informative manner. Create music mailers, samplers, etc.
Pro-actively maintain knowledge of clients’ music needs and anticipate demand for relevant projects
Together with sync teams in Berlin and London, help manage music library and metadata to make facilitate easy navigation
Deliver timely fulfillment of client needs in order to meet demanding production schedules
Oversee marketing initiatives for !K7 catalog (product mailings, showcases, concert invites, etc.)
General awareness of sync licensing, including terms, budgets, music publishing, public performance rights organizations, etc.
Passion for music!
Contacts and relationships within the sync licensing community (music supervisors, ad agencies, brands, film & TV production, etc.)
Self-motivated. Able to set goals and pursue complex objectives without a lot of daily oversight
Detail-oriented. Capable of managing important data and deal points
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with quick turnaround times and multiple priorities and objectives at once
Please send a mail with all necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bureau Export/ France Rocks is looking to share an office space in Manhattan. We are a team of 4 friendly people. We work around regular office hours, frequently welcome fun and interesting artists and music industry professionals. We are looking for a space to fit 4 desks and possible access to a conference room.
Please contact: Michele.email@example.com
Publicity Intern Responsibilities:
Domino Recording Company is seeking a part time Publicity Department intern based in our Brooklyn, NY office. This position reports to both the Junior Publicist and Head of Publicity & Communications, and will be tasked with assisting both throughout the course of the internship.
We are seeking an individual who has great interpersonal skills, is a self-starter, and has the ability to work in an open and creative group environment. The position requires strong organizational and communication skills, strong musical knowledge, and an awareness of the ever-changing music marketplace. Essential to the role is a desire to understand how music publicity plays a role in the larger record release ecosystem.
Term of internship: 4 months.
Intern duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide support to both the Junior Publicist and Head of Publicity & Communications
• Help maintain and update press reports
• Maintain and expand on current PR databases with focus on strengthening tour markets, online & print lists
• Manage press clippings database
• Create and update quote sheets for artists
• Assist with press photo handling – resizing, filing, and distributing artist press photos
• Research new and interesting way to showcase Domino artists across all forms of media
• Help develop templates for tour promo schedules, festival promo, daily schedules, etc.
• Catalog festival/venue press lists and add to existing database
• Help backup all assets on Domino server
• Publicity research tasks (e.g. researching photographers, stylists)
• Computer, Mac preferred
• Pursuing or in possession of Bachelor’s degree in music or related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail
• Good organizational skills
• Proficiency in MS Office / Google Drive
• Ability to multitask
• Knowledge of label and current artists
Domino Recording Co. was founded in the UK in 1993 by Laurence Bell, who is still the primary creative force of the company. Initially focused on releasing singles and albums by American artists in the UK (Pavement, Bonnie “Prince” Billy, Sebadoh), the label has expanded over the past decade to include offices in New York, Berlin, Paris and Sydney and has had considerable worldwide success, both commercial and artistic, with acts as diverse as Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Animal Collective, Dirty Projectors, Real Estate, Julia Holter, The Kills, Blood Orange, and Jon Hopkins to name a few.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Evan Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretly Distribution seeks a full time Digital Marketing and Resources Coordinator based in our Bloomington, IN office.
This individual will play a key role in our marketing efforts in a fast paced and constantly evolving digital music landscape. Day to day, this role will work closely with Ryan Boyce (Marketing Coordinator) as we shape our new release campaigns with key digital partners like Spotify, Apple, Amazon, Youtube, Google, Bandcamp and more. Additionally this candidate will work with Paul Schmidt (Content Manager) to help package assets in a fast-paced world of singles, timed releases, video assets and exclusive content. The Digital Marketing and Resources Coordinator will report to Charley Kiefer (Head of Digital).
Work hand-in-hand with other Secretly Distribution digital team members on new release and catalog setup across digital partner platforms (Apple Music, Amazon, Google Play, Spotify, Youtube, VEVO, etc)
Work closely with digital partners to provide awareness of our upcoming releases
Keep labels updated on the status of digital accounts, promotional visibility for new releases and catalogue, marketing feedback and relevant industry happenings
Spearhead monetization efforts at YouTube, VEVO, and other evolving online video platforms
Contribute to sales reporting and analytics across label group and internal sales teams
Maintain a digital release schedule to help keep the larger sales team informed on all upcoming plans
Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
Active interest in emerging technologies as they relate to digital and social medias – especially as they affect the music industry
High level of integrity, work ethic, communication, and teamwork skills
Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
Strong communication and writing skills – prompt with replies in a fast-paced environment
Able to build relationships easily and authentically
Self-motivated and goal-driven
A deep passion for discovering and talking about new music across a variety of genres
Health, Vision, Dental and Life insurance
Secretly Distribution serves as the exclusive distributor for a growing family of premier independent record labels, including: Arbutus Records, Asthmatic Kitty, Awesome Tapes From Africa, Bayonet Records, Captured Tracks & Omnian Music Group, Chapter Music, Constellation, Darling Records, Dead Oceans, DFA, Double Denim Records, Family Vineyard, Ghostly International, Jagjaguwar, Joyful Noise Recordings, K Records, No Quarter, Numero Group, Paradise of Bachelors, Quite Scientific Records, RVNG Intl., Sacred Bones Records, Secretly Canadian, Sounds Familyre, Suicide Squeeze Records, Temporary Residence Ltd, Touch and Go Records, Tri Angle, Trouble in Mind, Western Vinyl and Winspear.
Eleven Seven Label Group (E7LG) is a dynamic, full service, global, independent record label group. with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London and Berlin. E7MG continuously builds on its model of research-based marketing strategies targeted directly to the fans. The group’s expanding roster includes Nelly Furtado, Papa Roach, Five Finger Death Punch, Escape the Fate, In Flames, Sixx:A.M., The Dirty Heads, Bleeker, Motley Crue and many other established and emerging artists. Driven by a core group of thought leaders, the independent mini major has in-house marketing, promotion, streaming, publicity, new media, International, sales, tour marketing, production, video promotion, creative services, business management, web design, advertising, licensing, publishing, analytics and other services to support every release.
> E7MG is seeking a Radio/Sales/Digital Strategy Coordinator. This is a Los Angeles based, full-time position which offers the right candidate an incredible opportunity with great benefits. This position reports into the Chief Commerce Officer & SVP of Radio Promotions/Marketing. This person will support continued development and growth of all artists on the roster as well as artists distributed through associated labels. Responsibilities will include:
> • Spearheading promotional campaigns and playlist maximization with digital service providers for the label’s catalog
> • Designing and implementing creative initiatives, facilitating requests internally as well as between managers and artists
> • Developing and executing digital marketing and content distribution strategies for the label’s artists; prepare pitches to key streaming platforms, secure campaigns and marketing opportunities for catalog titles
> • Partner Management: Support and manage relationships with key digital partner accounts. Liaise with label distribution partners to execute digital marketing initiatives
> • Creative Marketing and Revenue Development: Grow artist awareness, site traffic and content syndication through third-party editorials, feature placements, social networking strategies, marketing programs, D2C initiatives, contests/sweepstakes and exclusive content promotions to drive revenue
> • Generate specific reports and analysis for department (Mediabase, BDS, Soundscan, Buzzangle, Chartmetrics…) to disseminate information for company and partners
> • Creating and maintaining weekly ads and spin reports to be distributed to dept. heads
> • Organize conference calls with partners and take notes of the calls and distribute notes and follow ups
> • Facilitating radio phone interviews with artists and radio stations.
> • Tracking and maintaining budgets for radio and promotions as well as budgets for coop and retail plans
> • Generating PO’s for approval/signature by GM for marketing expenditures
> • Facilitating radio promotion from start to finish with stations and contest winners
> • Organizing and maintaining catalogue promotions calendar
> • Creating and maintaining a bi-weekly international market update and distribute to partners
> • Submitting all pitch info to iTunes for pre-sale, IG tracks, Hot Tracks, Hot Albums, and other marketing editorial, to iTunes US, iTunes Canada, iTunes Latin America
> • Updating and maintaining list of assets by artists, and distribute to our partners on an as needed basis
> • Creating and maintaining the marketing plans for international releases, and distribute to company management
> • Monitoring sales and delivery of assets to our D2C partner, and monitor inventory for the store
> • Updating weekly to artist by artist company Google documents.
> Desired Skills and Experience
> • An understanding of digital service providers, radio and retail platforms, as well as industry trends and new technologies
> • Impeccable organizational skills
> • Digital marketing, radio and/or sales experience in the label/management/agency world is preferred
> • Strong written/oral communication skills
> • The ability to independently manage one’s time and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet associated deadlines
> • The drive to take initiative, work independently and be accountable while also working as a team player who is collaborative, positive and flexible
> • Strong problem solving and analytical skills
> • Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
> • Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Please email JackieK@10thst.com
The International Sales & Logistics Coordinator reports to the Head of International Sales (Chris Cannon) and focuses heavily on sales, inventory, and order logistics across our international distribution partnerships. This role works daily with labels, the INTL Project Management team, and also with the domestic sales and resources teams in the US. As Secretly grows its international business, this individual also provides key insights and evaluation towards existing and prospective distribution partnerships.
– Establish initial sales projections and ensure proper stock allocation
– Coordinate new release solicitations
– Manage new release and back-catalog inventory across distributors
– Provide timely sales and ship reports to labels
– Maintain catalog export restrictions
– Coordinate stock orders
– Assist in sales and promotional opportunities
– Coordinate promotional and tour merch shipments
– Act as general support to Project Management team
– Assist with account expansion in non-US regions
The candidate must have:
1. Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
2. Strong communication and writing skills, prompt with replies in a fast-paced environment
3. A passion for utilizing emerging technologies
4. Familiarity with the independent music community a plus
* Health, Vision, Dental. and Life insurance
* Paid holidays
* Paid vacation
MASCOT LABEL GROUP
Summer Internship 2018 – Job Description
Mascot Label Group (MLG) is a 100% independently owned and operated record company that is a market leader in the worlds of Rock, Blues, Metal, Alternative Rock, and Prog. Originally formed in 1989 in The Netherlands, MLG operates offices in New York City, London, Cologne, Paris, Milan, and Stockholm, alongside the corporate headquarters in Rotterdam, Holland. Some of our artists include, 10 Years, Black Stone Cherry, P.O.D., Shaman’s Harvest, Nine Shrines, Galactic, Flying Colors, Beth Hart, Eric Johnson, Eric Gales, Sonny Landreth, and Walter Trout.
MLG is looking for an Administrative intern for our NYC office. Our ideal candidate is a creative music enthusiast who is: reliable, honest, hardworking, team player and a self-starter, who works well under pressure, learns quickly, and is pleasant to be around.
Some Of The Things You Will Learn:
• How to maintain an online webstore
• How to fulfill Direct To Consumer (D2C) orders
• How to service an album to Radio, Press, and Promoters
• How to update radio mailing lists
• How to keep inventory of products for our D2C sales
• Servicing artist tour dates with promotional items
• Select tour press outreach and generating press reports
• Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects
What We Require:
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong listening skills and attention to detail
• Organized, with the ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite Office, including Word and Excel
• Interest in social media, and knowledge of analytics
• Creative, flexible, and a pleasant demeanor
• Knowledge of Adobe Create Suite is a plus
• Must enjoy all types of music. Having familiarity with our artists is a plus
We value all of our interns, and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a meaningful learning experience. You will learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the music business, as well as attend live concerts of our artists.
The position will start in May 2018.
You are expected to work in our office at least 3 days a week.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to Patrick Brennan @ Patrick@Mascotlabelgroup.com
Redeye is now accepting applications for a full-time Project Manager position to be based in the Los Angeles, CA metro market. The Project Manager will oversee the creation and execution of robust and tailored marketing plans that address all segments of a label business with Redeye with thoughtful consideration to format and territorial opportunities. A Redeye Project Manager will be responsible for an assigned label roster and will work with label representatives to manage new release planning, catalog marketing and overall label branding strategy. The primary focus of the role of a Project Manager is to provide Redeye label partners with a comprehensive marketing strategy for all new releases, catalog events, touring artists and other label needs.
View the full job description below: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16TTe7LRsEeq3er-B9UshddELBunBfAwkYqcY6taVqKY/edit?usp=sharing
Send resume and cover letter to Laura Pittard at email@example.com.
Domino Recording Co. is seeking an organized and motivated individual for a Digital Accounts Coordinator role based in the Brooklyn, NY office.
The Digital Accounts Coordinator will report into the Head of Global Digital Accounts acting as a pivotal role internally, centralizing internal reporting, administration and serving as a voice of outward communication around Domino’s ongoing priorities. The ideal candidate will be adept at interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques.
● Generate analytics and reporting including global and territory-specific sales and streaming reports, analysis of new releases and catalog trends.
● Assist with weekly account pitch process globally, centralizing outward communication from Domino to all digital accounts and international partners.
● Tracking, analyzing and communicating campaign visibility across digital storefronts and playlists.
● Participate in the strategy development with Global Head of Digital Sales and Sr. Manager of Digital Accounts to optimize all campaigns across the digital partners.
● Assist with day-to-day updates of artist and playlist properties across all DSPs.
● Deliver weekly label updates to all digital account contacts.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
● Bachelor’s Degree required.
● Preferred 1-2 years music industry experience.
● A working knowledge and passion for digital technology, including music and video streaming platforms, content management platforms and emerging technology trends.
● Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly in Microsoft Excel.
● An analytical and data-driven mindset.
● Excellent written and verbal communication / interpersonal skills.
● Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
● Experience with industry reporting tools preferred, including Nielsen Soundscan, BuzzAngle, iTunes Connect, Spotify Analytics, Spotify For Artists, YouTube Analytics, Chartmetric, and Next Big Sound.
● Most importantly, a passion for music and understanding of the Domino catalogue.
Please send a cover letter stating how you meet the requirements, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**MUST have at least 3 YEARS of music business experience!
Knowledge of contracts, copyrights and contemporary landscape critical.
Salary commensurate with experience, and great opportunity for growth.
Based in midtown Manhattan, New York.
Please forward your resume and cover letter.
Smithsonian Folkways Recordings is looking for an experienced, knowledgeable, and dynamic associate director of operations, to start work in June 2018. The iconic nonprofit record label, which celebrates its 70th anniversary on May 1 this year, is going through an exciting and challenging transformation. Committed to its mission of being a strong, independent voice offering curated music and sounds that resonate with contemporary issues and conversations, Smithsonian Folkways is optimizing its existing operations while developing new initiatives to ensure its viability in a drastically changing record industry environment.
Supervising a team of five managers, the associate director will oversee and streamline all key production and business processes of the label, from A&R to production, marketing, and sales. Working closely with the director of Smithsonian Folkways, she/he will negotiate with artists, managers, distributors, producers, publicists, and partners in line with the mission and ethics of Smithsonian Folkways.
We are looking for candidates with excellent communication skills, demonstrated effective management experience in the recording business, in-depth understanding of key aspects of the contemporary music industry, a strong affinity for the range of repertoire Smithsonian Folkways represents, and preferably deep knowledge in at least one of the areas of strength of the label (e.g. American folk, world, or children’s music).
This Associate Director for Operations position is located in Smithsonian Folkways Recordings (SFR), a division of the Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage (CFCH), Smithsonian Institution (SI), Washington, D.C. The mission of SFR is promoting cultural diversity, education, and increased understanding among peoples through the documentation, production, preservation, and dissemination of music/sound. The primary purpose of the position is to serve as the Associate Director with responsibility for production, Artists and Repertoire (A&R), acquisitions, sales, marketing and licensing of the label in conjunction with the Director/Curator. The incumbent 1) oversees and streamlines all key production and business processes of the record label; 2) manages key staff in each of the areas mentioned above; 3) serves as A&R Executive to secure new talent and projects for the label; 4) negotiates with artists, managers, distributors, publicists, and partners; and 5) optimizes income streams for the label while operating within its mission and ethics. The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Director/Curator of SFR, and is capable of acting in his place whenever the Director/Curator is absent.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversees day-to-day operations of SFR, working closely with the Director/Curator and the five subordinate managers (Production, Research and Education, Marketing, Sales, and Licensing), as well as other staff involved in A&R and Acquisitions. Ensures processes and procedures are efficient and in line with Smithsonian Directives as well as the mission and ethics of Smithsonian Folkways Recordings.
Develops medium to long-term branding, marketing, sales, distribution, licensing, and production strategies for SFR with regard to back catalogue and new releases, as well as new products, memberships, subscriptions, education, and philanthropy. Monitors, evaluates and reports on marketing campaigns and sales performance to inform future efforts in each of these areas.
Performs managerial and supervisory functions over approximately 9 employees. In conjunction with the Director/Curator, establishes goals and objectives for the organization.
Communicates short- and longer-term plans to the staff for their input or feedback. Tracks accomplishment of goals and objectives and ensures the appropriate emphasis or priority for each. Monitors the organizational budget and applies the best approach or solution for resolving budget challenges.
Performs supervisory duties, including: planning work to be accomplished by subordinates, setting and adjusting short-term priorities, and preparing schedules for completion of work; assigning work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees; developing performance standards and evaluating work performance of subordinates; interviewing candidates for positions in the unit; recommending appointment, promotion, or reassignment to such positions; hearing and resolving complaints from employees, referring group grievances and more serious unresolved complaints to a higher level supervisor or manager; effecting minor disciplinary measures; and identifying developmental and training
needs of employees.
Based on a profound understanding of contemporary realities of the music industry, the incumbent identifies and cultivates a small but highly visible cohort of performing artist and projects that can strengthen and invigorate the SFR brand, and represent the label on the nation’s stages and in media. Maintains relationships with artists, managers, distributors, publicists, and partners and develops new relationships with culturally relevant brands and partners in order to foster new collaboration opportunities. Manages project assignments and communications, continuously monitoring project status, proactively managing changes, and effectively communicating with stakeholders, as appropriate.
Applications with a full CV and letter addressing key criteria (see full position description above) are due by regular mail or email at 5 p.m. EST on April 13, 2018. For submissions and further questions about this position, please contact executive assistant Logan Clark at ClarkLE@si.edu or (202) 633-3722.
Production Associate will assist all efforts surrounding the organization, coordination, and execution of production and content rights management under the guidance of the Director for Production and A&R Admin.
Assist production department and client teams in the distribution, manufacturing and setup of releases.
Liaise between our production department, and all key internal and external partners in order to maintain good work flow, clear communications and ensure releases follow our production timeline.
Collect and organize all asset materials for releases including physical and digital assets, label copy, rights management information, and related documentation.
Disseminate all label copy and rights management information to our external partners.
Obtain and manage accurate Artist & Repertoire documentation including but not limited to: label copy, label agreements, waivers, sample clearances etc.
Coordinate the manufacturing process for our physical releases including obtaining and maintaining organizational system of key related documentation, templates and physical assets.
Submit, track and resolve copyright infringement claims of our releases.
Execute DSP/other external partners setup including delivery of our releases.
2+ years of working experience and internships within the music industry are highly valued.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Acute attention to detail.
Strong organizational skills.
A good team player.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter/resume to email@example.com.
Open Position: Web Developer
Polyvinyl is seeking an e-commerce web developer to join our team.
This person will be responsible for coding and maintaining the Polyvinyl website and e-commerce store, as well as official websites for our artists. This includes working with our existing, custom website codebase and content management system, managing database servers and hosting, and implementing new features and functionality across multiple websites.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who enjoys problem-solving, new challenges, and appreciation for good UX and UI design.
The position is end-to-end and requires someone who can nimbly switch between code, database, hosting, and front-end development work.
The position requires continuous communication and collaboration with co-workers in a creative music environment; therefore, we are seeking someone who is polite, friendly and courteous.
– Proficient in troubleshooting, debugging and solving programmatic problems
– Comfortable working in a legacy codebase and making improvements along the way. In fact, we want this person to design and implement the next version of our e-commerce system
– Comfortable working independently and with small teams
Not required, but definitely favored would be a candidate who:
– Is familiar with record labels and artists & know how they’re presented online
– Has a passion for music and the desire to grow alongside the Polyvinyl family
– Salaried position (salary based on experience)
– Health insurance and retirement plan
– Ten annual paid holidays
– Paid vacation days
This is a full time position and is open immediately
Open to remote collaboration
We’re excited to hear from you and want to learn more about what you can bring to this position!
For consideration please send a resume, cover letter, and examples of prior website work by Friday April 13, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Secretly Publishing / Secretly Group seeks TV/Film Sync Licensing Director for Los Angeles office.
The primary role of the TV/Film Sync Licensing Director is to pursue sync licenses in TV and Film for Secretly Publishing and Secretly Group’s wide array of artists. We are seeking someone with deep relationships in the music supervision community who can represent our artists and create new opportunities to continue to grow Secretly’s sync business. Someone with great interpersonal skills who is a self-starter and has the ability to work in an open group and fast paced environment is vital. This individual will play a key role in our sync licensing team, and work closely with our Licensing Director and Sync Licensing Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
Serving as the primary creative contact between Secretly Publishing and music supervisors in TV & Film
Responding to creative briefs and proactively creating new sync opportunities
Maintaining relationships between music supervisors through email, phone, shows, and networking events
Presenting all of Secretly’s music in new and exciting ways
Working directly with label staff to make sync a vital component in every album campaign
Maintaining knowledge of individual supervisors needs and taste and proactively meet their demands
3-5 years experience in sync licensing
Strong pre-existing relationships within the music supervision community
Ability to develop strong relationships internally
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
Basic knowledge of music publishing
Experience with DISCO and FileMaker is a plus
Multicultural market knowledge is a plus
Health, Vision, Dental and Life insurance
Contact: To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate send email directly to Jessie LaJoie, Secretly’s HR Director at email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.
PRODUCTION & LABEL COORDINATOR
The Production and Label Coordinator will report to the Director of Marketing,VP, and GM. The position is responsible for supervising all physical production (including vinyl, CD, and other formats) for the label as well as managing the label’s web store, and compiling weekly external reports. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic with superior organization skills and an inherent attention to detail. The candidate must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work well with a close-knit international team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
– Liaise with managers, label partners and distributors to ensure timely and
impeccable production of physical releases, including vinyl, CD, and
– Manage the web-store, including updating releases, ordering stock,
updating and designing banners, and creating initiatives to increase traffic
– Compile and distribute weekly internal project reports
– Update and circulate internal release schedule weekly
– Supervise all digital assets and ensure appropriate filing and archiving
– Manage customer relations, answering messages sent to label email /
– Provide support to Director of Marketing as needed
– Manage label copy distribution to appropriate partners
– College degree preferred but not mandatory
– 1-2 years experience in the music industry or digital marketing required
– Basic design knowledge, including experience with Photoshop and
Indesign helpful, but not mandatory
– Must be highly organized, proactive and flexible
– Must be able to work well in a creative but fast paced environment with a tight-knit international team and constantly evolving workload
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to