- RSS Channel Showcase 1161772
- RSS Channel Showcase 9516888
- RSS Channel Showcase 4672050
- RSS Channel Showcase 8386072
Articles on this Page
- 06/14/18--09:52: _Tuff City Records s...
- 06/14/18--11:14: _Smithsonian Folkway...
- 06/18/18--11:02: _Dirtybird seeking f...
- 06/19/18--08:28: _Royalty Solutions s...
- 06/26/18--07:31: _E7LG seeking Public...
- 06/26/18--08:47: _E7LG Seeking Data A...
- 06/27/18--19:27: _US Marketing Coordi...
- 06/27/18--23:37: _Korrect Royalty Con...
- 06/30/18--04:46: _A2IM Seeks Marketin...
- 07/09/18--10:45: _Domino Recording Co...
- 07/10/18--10:57: _Executive Assistant...
- 07/11/18--09:06: _Numero Group seeks ...
- 07/15/18--18:44: _Pro Music Rights Ap...
- 07/18/18--13:34: _Merge Records seeks...
- 07/23/18--13:08: _Redeye Seeks Projec...
- 07/23/18--17:32: _Songtrust seeks BD/...
- 07/24/18--13:30: _Mascot Label Group ...
- 07/25/18--16:07: _Brilliant Corners A...
- 07/26/18--06:45: _ADA: Manager, Label...
- 07/26/18--16:29: _Qobuz USA seeks Mus...
- 06/14/18--09:52: Tuff City Records seeks Contract Bookkeeper
- 06/14/18--11:14: Smithsonian Folkways Recordings Seeks Marketing Manager
- 06/18/18--11:02: Dirtybird seeking full time Accountant for events & festivals
- 06/19/18--08:28: Royalty Solutions seeking Royalty Manager
- 06/26/18--07:31: E7LG seeking Publicist/Publicity Manager
- 06/26/18--08:47: E7LG Seeking Data Analyst
- 06/27/18--19:27: US Marketing Coordinator
- 06/27/18--23:37: Korrect Royalty Consultant
- 06/30/18--04:46: A2IM Seeks Marketing Manager
- 07/09/18--10:45: Domino Recording Company – Temp Receptionist
- 07/10/18--10:57: Executive Assistant – Hopeless Records
- 07/11/18--09:06: Numero Group seeks Head Of Sync
- 07/18/18--13:34: Merge Records seeks Warehouse Specialist
- 07/23/18--13:08: Redeye Seeks Project Manager (Nashville, TN)
- 07/23/18--17:32: Songtrust seeks BD/A&R Representative (Los Angeles)
- 07/24/18--13:30: Mascot Label Group Seeks Intern for Fall Semester 2018
- 07/26/18--06:45: ADA: Manager, Label Operations | New York, New York
- 07/26/18--16:29: Qobuz USA seeks Music Merchandiser
Small independent record label in New York is seeking a temporary contract Bookkeeper with experience in preparing financial records for taxes. Must be highly skilled in QuickBooks and have a firm grasp of accounting.
Extensive data entry of past bank statements and account payables/receivables into QuickBooks
Create journal entries and process bank reconciliations
Experience in Excel and Word
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration highly preferred
** Please note the purpose of this position is to prepare QuickBooks for our CPA. Mastery of QuickBooks is key. Entertainment/music industry experience not necessary.
This is a temporary contract position until project is completed, with the option of extending contract and/or hire as permanent part time bookkeeper **
Bookkeeping/accounting: 2+ years (required)
QuickBooks experience: 1+ years (required)
Entertainment Industry: 1 year (plus)
Music Industry: 1 year (plus)
Royalties: 1 year (plus)
Bachelor’s degree (required)
Associate’s degree in Accounting, plus 3+ years of experience in the above listed skills will be considered
Hourly rate: $26.50/hour
To Apply: Please send us your resume and cover letter.
** No phone calls. We will contact you if we are interested in moving forward with your application.
We are a small, independent record label founded over thirty years ago in New York, NY. We focus mainly on hip-hop, funk, soul, R&B, and jazz recordings, and have amassed a very large catalog of works.
Smithsonian Folkways Recordings is looking for an experienced, knowledgeable, and dynamic marketing manager. The iconic nonprofit record label, which is celebrating its 70th anniversary this year, is going through an exciting transformation. Committed to its mission of being a strong, independent voice offering curated music and sounds that resonate with contemporary issues and conversations, Smithsonian Folkways is optimizing its marketing strategies to ensure continued viability in a drastically changing record industry environment.
Supervising a small marketing team and interns, the marketing manager will oversee the development and execution of marketing strategies, create national and international marketing campaigns for physical and digital Smithsonian Folkways products, and advise the Associate Director and Director/Curator on the development of new marketing initiatives.
We are looking for candidates with exceptional oral and written
communication skills, in-depth understanding of key aspects of the
contemporary music industry, aptitude for analyzing and interpreting
key marketing metrics, demonstrated experience in maintaining positive
relationships with media outlets, and a strong affinity with the range of
repertoire Smithsonian Folkways represents.
Working with a wide cultural and stylistic range of products, markets Smithsonian Folkways Recordings on audio formats, video formats, and other media to mainstream, niche (e.g. children’s), and alternative markets, based on expert knowledge of online and physical marketing. Creates and implements marketing strategies for specific products based on appropriate targeted audiences and within fixed budgets. Executes publicity, promotions, and marketing campaigns in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, Asia, and other territories worldwide.
Develops and oversees design and production of col lateral marketing and
merchandising materials. Oversees the preparation of advertising copy, coordinates designs with designers, and proofreads promotional texts and advertisements. Provides administrative direction for marketing assistants, public relations firms, radio promotions groups, special events and special project person(s), and other contractors and interns in the area of marketing present-day realities of the music recording industry and in the independent planning and implementation of
marketing programs, campaigns, studies, and special products.
In concert with the Associate Director, identifies and cultivates new marketing territories and distributors. Provides Associate Director with selected sales andmarketing analysis data pertinent to ongoing strategy development and evaluation and to new product development.
Performs others duties as assigned.
Applications with a full CV and letter addressing key criteria (see full position description here: https://folkways.si.edu/join) are due by email or regular mail at 5pm EST on Thursday July 12, 2018. For submissions and further questions about this position, please contact our Executive Assistant Logan Clark at ClarkLE@si.edu or (202) 633-3722.
We are looking for a full-time accountant to fulfill a year round, salary position that handles the accounting duties surrounding multiple events including, 2 festivals, 3-5 day events, festival stages and club nights for an independent record label.
This position would be expected to provide daily, monthly and yearly accounting functions for each event. This would include cash handling, AR, AP, show close, management reporting, and budgeting before, during and after the events. This position would be working closely with a team consisting of multiple departments.
– Paperwork for hiring is commenced and completed (NDA, W-9, etc.)
– Preparing a budget and a new system for detailing and approving all expenses
– Record and approve necessary payments
– Ensure festival cash needs are met using the prescribed cash ordering system;
control and replenish petty cash as necessary
– Prepare necessary Festival and G&A journal entries for month-end close
– Reconcile all balance sheet accounts as part of the month-end close process;
follow up on bank reconciliation items
– Prepare month-end financial reporting package
– Assist in preparing and reconciling event settlements
– Assist with special requests, ad hoc reporting, special analysis, etc.
– Responsible for ensuring that we are compliant with prescribed accounting and operations policies and procedures (QCP)
– Proper documentation for tax reporting
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
1. A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year); Preferred Area of Study: Accounting
2. Previous work experience with festival accounting in the music industry
Please send cover letter & resume to: email@example.com
A royalty processing and licensing service company is seeking a detail-oriented and results driven individual for a full-time position of Royalty Assistant based in New York City.
Qualified candidates MUST have experience using COUNTERPOINT’S RECORD MAESTRO and MUSIC MAESTRO software as well as a knowledge of record label and music publishing functions and royalty flow.
Candidates must possess:
• Good analytical skills
• High level of attention to detail
• Professional demeanor
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong math skills
• Bachelor’s degree with a music business focus
• 3-5 years experience in related fields
• Knowledge of music publishing and record label including copyright and royalties concepts a must
• STRONG knowledge of Counterpoint’s Record Maestro AND Music Maestro software a MUST – ONLY candidates with this qualification will be considered.
• STRONG knowledge of Excel
• Familiarity with Quickbooks software a plus
Full-time (10am – 6pm) – would consider part time if situation is right
Salary – BASED ON EXPERIENCE with medical benefits (after 3 months)
No travel required
Job Type: Full-time
Eleven Seven Music/10th Street Entertainment is seeking an experienced Publicist to join its team in the New York office. This role will report directly to the General Manager and will work closely with the marketing team and will handle projects related to various artists including Papa Roach. Nothing More, Just Loud, From Ashes To New, Dirty Heads, Bleeker, Escape The Fate, and other hard rock and alternative artists.
· Must be a self-starter
· Have excellent communication skills with press, artists, management and internally
· Be an excellent and diligent writer
· Must have 2 to 5 years of experience as a publicist
· Must be able to lead press campaigns on various releases across our labels (Five Seven Music, Better Noise, Eleven Seven Music)
· Strong contacts across rock, alternative, and indie press. (Hip-Hop and Pop press contacts a plus!)
Must be able to work closely and direct hired indie publicity companies
· Provide support to the Head of Publicity on all E7LG/10th St. Ent. releases
· Ability to lead press campaigns on various album releases/artists
· Pitch online and print press, regional TV
· Write, proof, and distribute press releases to media and company wide
· Lead preparation and organization of press mailings
· Work with product managers to identify core campaign press goals per artist/release
· Secure meaningful press opportunities/press days for artists when in market
· Cover artist relations and promo duties in tandem with Head of Publicity
· Provide support at ESMG/10th St. Ent. shows and events in entertaining media, artists, and brand contacts
· Maintain and expand current PR databases with particular focus on strengthening online lists
· Manage the edit and distribution of press photos
· Facilitate video/asset servicing for TV and/or press opportunities
· Press reporting in tandem with Head of Publicity
· Help maintain artist press reports with current and relevant efforts from Head of Publicity and Tour Publicist
Email resume to Harris@E7LG.com
Successful Independent Record Label Eleven Seven Music Group is looking for a data analytics team member to head our Data Analytics department. Ideal candidate will be a self starter with a demonstrated to work independently.
Main responsibilities include:
• Work with 1st, 2nd and 3rd-party data sets to design data intelligence reports tracking key business performance and listening trends across traditional and digital platforms globally
• Aggregate data via API, MS Excel, google sheets, and other disparate sources
• Research the latest industry methods and determine their applicability to Eleven Seven’s methodology
• Design analytical reports and code/run your analysis with SQL and/or Python
• Experience with Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, macros, VBA), SQL and/or Python a plus
Requirements are as follows:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• 2+ year SQL experience
• Experience with BI tools such as Tableau or Mode Analytics
• Knowledge of the digital supply chain
• Experience communicating across business and technical teams
• Python a plus
Music Industry experience preferred
Please email your resume and salary requirements to Harris@E7LG.com
Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
Domino Recording Co. is seeking a friendly, outgoing and self-motivated individual with strong organizational skills to join our US marketing team. This position reports to the Senior Project Manager and is based in our Brooklyn, NY office. The position works within the US marketing team to assist Project Managers and the Digital Marketing Manager at their direction.
The Marketing Manager’s duties include:
• Assist PMs with the following but not limited to:
o Retail one-sheets and retail marketing
o Campaign timelines
o Marketing reports and research
o Radio campaigns – non-comm, college, AAA, and specialty
• Coordinate and book all tour promo from posters, stickers, marketing materials, promotional mail outs and street team campaigns.
• Explore and manage non-digital advertising options – out of home, print, TV, radio, etc.
• Coordinate Label Copy with PMs and A&R
• Construct in-depth reports to help gauge and compare marketing for comparable releases in the marketplace
• Manage and coordinate all guest lists and ticket buys for North American tours
• Explore and manage all consumer print and outdoor media buys and art creation with designer and PMs
• Maintain campaign budgets in conjunction with PMs
• Assist with any project management duties as needed
• Any other duties as assigned
• Minimum of two years’ experience in the music industry or related field
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Experience with Adobe – InDesign, Photoshop – preferred
• Ability to multitask
Domino Recording Co. was founded in the UK in 1993 by Laurence Bell, who is still the primary creative force of the company. Initially focused on releasing singles and albums by American artists in the UK (Pavement, Bonnie “Prince” Billy, Sebadoh), the label has expanded over the past decade to include offices in New York, Berlin, Paris and Sydney and has had considerable worldwide success, both commercial and artistic, with acts as diverse as Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Animal Collective, Dirty Projectors, Real Estate, The Kills, and Jon Hopkins to name a few.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Marketing Coordinator in the subject line.
Korrect is the chosen software for some of the world’s largest independent labels.
Our goal is to offer our solutions to all labels within the independent sector – A2IM is a great partner for this!
We are London based but our clients span the globe and we are looking for a royalty consultant who will build upon our support team for our US clients.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com
• Onboard and account manage clients
• Train new clients and assist in setting up data in the system
• Provide royalty, mechanical and software support to clients
• Liasing with Clients and channelling feedback to our development director.
• Assist in improving operations and cross-functional collaboration
• Follow-up with team members, to ensure awareness of and response to open/outstanding client issues to ensure customer satisfaction
• Travel to work onsite with clients East and West Coast US, trips to London and Mauritius
• Other duties as directed or required
• At least 5 years previous royalty and customer service experience, being involved in data migrations would be preferred
• Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to produce work that demands accuracy, attention to detail, and expediency whilst meeting tight deadlines
• Data Analytics and Validation – any Excel / SQL query skills will be favourable
The American Association of Independent Music (A2IM) is a trade group representing and advocating for the interests of independently owned recorded music companies. Independently owned labels comprise all genres of music, and over one third of all recorded music in the United States, and are responsible for releasing the music of major stars such as Taylor Swift and Radiohead, popular eclectic artists including Alabama Shakes and Angel Olsen, and influential rap artists including Run the Jewels and NxWorries. A2IM serves as a central voice for a diverse community of independent labels operating within the United States. A2IM represents members’ interests in the marketplace, in the media and tech ecosystem, on Capitol Hill, and as part of the global music community.
Title: Marketing Manager
Reports to: CEO
Location: A2IM headquarters office in New York, NY
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and executing A2IM’s marketing strategies through all media outlets to elevate the public and industry profile of the organization and its members.
Specific duties include:
Increase A2IM’s business by creating significantly greater awareness of its and its members’ achievements among members, prospective members, the music and tech industries, on Capitol Hill, and with artists and consumers
Develop strategic, creative marketing plans aligned with A2IM’s vision and mission
Foster a brand identity for the organization that members identify with, and that elevates A2IM’s influence in the ecosystem
Research, identify, pursue, and close new revenue generating opportunities
Market A2IM’s events and ensure that execution meets or exceeds best practices
Coordinate information flows with all forms of media, outside PR company, lobbyists, board members, staff, and members
Some travel required to attend events and to research other organizations’ practices
Lead the editorial and marketing of the A2IM newsletter and other content
Grow the organization’s database, reach and membership
Increase followers and engagement on social media
Work in close collaboration with other A2IM team members and outside organizations’ teams
Define and control the annual and event marketing schedule
Other duties as required
Required Skills and Experience:
Strong marketing strategy, branding and project management skills
Strong PR/marketing writing, general written and verbal presentation and interpersonal skills
Exhaustive knowledge of cutting edge music and association marketing techniques, including SEO
Comprehensive understanding of music industry and particularly independent labels’ issues
The drive to go above and beyond to deliver world-class service for our members
Skilled in communicating to all levels of the music, media, and tech industries, and Congress
Strong data management, analytical, and reporting skills
Highly organized, detailed, and accurate
Effective prioritization, time and project management skills
Super geek computer, Internet, social media, graphics software, MS Office, and Google suite user
Ability to work independently yet collaborate and communicate with all stakeholders
This is a full-time salaried position. A2IM is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits.
To express interest (or recommend qualified candidates) please contact A2IMcareers@gmail.com
Domino Recording Co is seeking a temporary Receptionist. Please forward your resume to Monique@dominorecordco.com
Executive Assistant – Hopeless Records:
-Support of day to day activities of executive team including coordinating meetings, handling follow-up communication, expense reports, travel, basic research, etc.
-Provide professional and personal support for the company President including daily local transportation.
-Handle office functions including greeting guests, answering phones, and ordering supplies.
-Coordination of company meetings/offsite events and attend and provide support at shows and festivals.
-Must be responsible, trustworthy, friendly and able to uphold our company principles at all times.
-Must be detail oriented & and a strong verbal and written communicator.
Proficient in all basic office computer skills (Email, google documents, excel, etc.)
-At least 21 years old and a High School graduate. Bachelors degree a plus.
-Live in and able to work in Los Angeles, CA.
-Have valid drivers license.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Executive Assistant Job Application
Numero Group seeks Head Of Sync
The primary role of the Head of Sync is to pursue sync licenses in Television, Film, Advertising, Video Games, and podcasts, for Numero Group’s catalogue of archival recordings that spans from the 1950s to the 1990s. We are seeking someone with deep relationships in the music supervision community who can represent our artists and create new opportunities to continue to grow Numero’s sync business. Someone with great interpersonal skills who is a self-starter and has the ability to work in an open group and fast paced environment is vital. This individual will lead our sync licensing team, and will work closely with management in Los Angeles and our Licensing Director.
Responsibilities will include:
Serving as the primary creative contact between Numero Group and music supervisors or other creative departments seeking licenses.
Responding to creative briefs and proactively creating new sync opportunities
Maintaining relationships between music supervisors through email, phone, shows, and networking events
Presenting all of Numero Group’s music in new and exciting ways
Working directly with staff to make sync a vital component in every new release campaign
Maintaining knowledge of individual supervisors needs and taste and proactively meet their demands
*3-5 years experience in sync licensing
*Strong pre-existing relationships within the music supervision community
*Ability to develop strong relationships internally
*Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
*Basic knowledge of music publishing
*Experience with DISCO and FileMaker is a plus
*Multicultural market knowledge is a plus
*Lives in the Los Angeles Metro Area or less ideally, New York City
Health, Vision, Dental and Life insurance
Contact: To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate send email directly to Jessie LaJoie, HR Director at email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.
Pro Music Rights Appoints Livio Harris as the Senior Vice President of Global Operations
Livio Harris-(Senior Vice President of Global Operations for Pro Music Rights) has joined forces with Jake P. Noch-(Founder/CEO of Pro Music Rights), and respected Industry Veteran Paul Ring-(Bungalo/Universal Music Group) in the newly formed and already competitive PRO Company-(Pro Music Rights).
Livio Harris is a powerhouse executive who began his career as a singer/songwriter and signed to a major label in 1990 called Uptown Records-(The home of Jodeci, Mary J. Blige, Guy, and more).
With his experience as an Artist, the natural progression for Livio was climbing up the industry ranks as an executive who has amassed over 30 years of industry experience and Advancing from being a former Recording Artist, Entertainment Manager, Artist Development Executive, V.P. of Tier2 Films, and Executive V.P. of NottingHill Music Publishing.
He found immense pleasure in discovering and fostering talented individuals such as Singers, Songwriters, Music Producers and more.
Livio has worked with a number of music companies such as Elektra Records and Epic Records as an A&R Consultant. Livio also ran, and developed Notting Hill Music Publishing-(U.S.), for over 21 + years.
Livio has been credited for a significant amount of Notting Hill’s U.S. catalogue, which includes; Will Smith, The PussyCat Dolls, Beyonce, Destiny’s Child, Eminem, Outkast, Nelly, Michael Jackson, and DJ Khaled, just to name a few.
Warehouse and Customer Service Specialist
Merge Records is a small, artist-run independent record label based in Durham, North Carolina. Our team of 18 employees releases 25 to 40 records each year on CD and vinyl, representing artists from all over the world and distributing their music internationally.
We have a full-time opening for a Warehouse and Customer Service Specialist who will report directly to our Warehouse Manager. We are looking for an energetic self-starter who thrives in an “all hands on deck” work environment. Our ideal applicant 1) isn’t afraid to get grimy, and 2) has a knack for communicating effectively with customers and dedicated fans. In addition to salary, this position has full benefits including medical, dental, retirement, and ample paid time off, as well as unique perks like free entry to local performances by our artists and a copy of every new release.
For consideration, email your résumé and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; be sure to include “Warehouse Specialist” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. The application deadline for this position is Friday, August 3.
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, and written)
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Flexibility to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing work assignments
• Familiarity with G Suite, Word, and Excel
• Ability to lift 40+ pounds
• Customer service experience
• Familiarity with QuickBooks
• Interest in music
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
• Handle all aspects of the Merge website store and Bandcamp orders: enter in QuickBooks; pick, pack, and ship; respond to customer service requests; etc.
• Assist with pick/pack/ship of all retail store and distributor orders and enter in QuickBooks
• Pick/pack/ship all outgoing shipments via USPS, FedEx, and UPS on a daily basis
• Monitor stock at multiple physical and online locations and report weekly to various staff
• Receive, check in, shelve, and transfer all shipments and new arrivals at office and warehouse as needed
• Keep basement and warehouse clean and tidy
• Distribute and ship promos as assigned
• Refurbish damaged vinyl and shrink-wrap sellable stock
• Participate in year-end inventory count of stock and graphics
• Participate in weekly staff meetings, retail meetings, and marketing brainstorming sessions
• Assist Warehouse Manager to oversee intern staff as necessary
• Complete other duties as assigned
Redeye is hiring a full-time Project Manager to be based in the Nashville, TN market. A Redeye Project Manager is responsible for an assigned label roster and works with label representatives to manage new release planning, catalog marketing and overall label branding strategy. The Project Manager oversees the creation and execution of robust and tailored marketing plans that address all segments of a label business with Redeye with thoughtful consideration to format and territorial opportunities.
– Creation and execution of detailed marketing plans that utilize information from the label regarding promotional efforts, available budget and sales history in support of new releases, catalog and tours.
– Establish a proactive communication strategy with assigned labels to insure the label and Redeye are in full communication about new releases, catalog, marketing and campaign promotions.
– Coordination and documentation of label releases in the New Release Schedule to provide timely notification of release dates and campaign timelines to all members of the Sales, International and Marketing staff.
– Communicate to labels about available physical and digital marketing opportunities for campaigns and educate labels about new marketing opportunities as services become available.
– Circulate and document all campaign updates relating to press, radio and touring to the full Redeye Sales, International and Marketing team with detailed analysis and actionable items.
– Make informed suggestions regarding marketing strategy with emphasis on customer best practices, advertising opportunities and creative promotional approaches.
Minimum education and skills:
– College graduate or equivalent.
– Must be excellent at communicating, organization, and highly motivated.
– Must be able to focus on many different projects in a fast-paced environment.
– Able to complete assigned projects on deadline.
– Project management or physical retail experience, and/or digital marketplace knowledge preferred.
– One year of Marketing experience preferred.
– Experience in the music industry and a passion for independent music is a plus.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Redeye Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Founded in 2011, Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business. Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Nominees – retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services. Our catalog consists of over 1,000,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
Present our company to potential clients
Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
Report to the Business Development Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
Track record of achieving sales quotas
Experience with CRM software (Hubspot a plus)
Familiarity with G-suite/MS Office
Understanding of sales performance metrics
Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Ability to deliver engaging presentations
Degree Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
Why you want to work here:
Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k
Career growth opportunities
Paid Volunteer Hours
Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Songtrust’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.
MASCOT LABEL GROUP
Fall Internship 2018 – Job Description
Mascot Label Group (MLG) is a 100% independently owned and operated record company that is a market leader in the worlds of Rock, Blues, Metal, Alternative Rock, and Prog. Originally formed in 1989 in The Netherlands, MLG operates offices in New York City, London, Cologne, Paris, Milan, and Stockholm, alongside the corporate headquarters in Rotterdam, Holland. Some of our artists include, 10 Years, Black Stone Cherry, P.O.D., Shaman’s Harvest, Nine Shrines, Galactic, Flying Colors, Beth Hart, Eric Johnson, Eric Gales, Sonny Landreth, and Walter Trout.
MLG is looking for an Administrative Intern for our NYC office. Our ideal candidate is a creative music enthusiast who is: reliable, honest, hardworking, team player and a self-starter, who works well under pressure, learns quickly, and is pleasant to be around.
Some Of The Things You Will Learn:
• How to maintain an online webstore
• How to fulfill Direct To Consumer (D2C) orders
• How to service an album to Radio, Press, and Promoters
• How to update radio mailing lists
• How to keep inventory of products for our D2C sales
• Servicing artist tour dates with promotional items
• Select tour press outreach and generating press reports
• Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects
What We Require:
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong listening skills and attention to detail
• Organized, with the ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite Office, including Word and Excel
• Interest in social media, and knowledge of analytics
• Creative, flexible, and a pleasant demeanor
• Knowledge of Adobe Create Suite is a plus
• Must enjoy all types of music. Having familiarity with our artists is a plus
We value all of our interns, and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a meaningful learning experience. You will learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the music business, as well as attend live concerts of our artists.
The position will start in late August 2018.
You are expected to work in our office at least 3 days a week.
This position is for college credit only.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to Patrick Brennan @ Patrick@Mascotlabelgroup.com
Brilliant Corners Artist Management is seeking a full-time Digital Marketing Coordinator.
The position can be located in our New York City or San Francisco office.
Qualified applicants must possess strong time-management skills and the ability to perform precise, efficient work and re-prioritize quickly in a high-pressure work environment. Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized, communicative, and self-motivated. A collaborative, team-oriented attitude is required. Strong writing skills, previous work experience in social media and project management, and basic knowledge of HTML and design are preferred. The ideal candidate will be extremely proficient across all social media and streaming platforms and possess a love of music, selfless attitude, and a deep desire to learn. The Digital Marketing Coordinator’s responsibilities can vary widely based on the client needs and preferences.
· Coordinate, format, and execute artists’ social media presence in conjunction with management team.
· Manage all online content under the guidance of the management team.
· Work with booking agents and promoters to ensure each show is accurately represented on social media, ticketing sites, and venues sites.
· Coordinate and execute tour, album, and other announcements across all artist platforms.
· Manage and update website content.
· Create and manage artist email newsletters and corresponding databases.
· Oversee artists’ online stores
· Coordinate artist online presales.
· Maintain, update, and build all artist social networks as appropriate for each artist.
· Develop and maintain social media best practices, incorporating them into daily work.
· Help develop and execute social media campaigns using target audiences, A-B testing, and Facebook tools.
· Moderate artist social media platforms, websites, and message boards for comments, spam.
· Support billing for domains, hosting, etc.
· Work with record label digital marketing teams to build, support, and execute online marketing plans.
· Drive website and application development projects, communicating with clients, managers, designers, and developers on project scope, features, deliverables, deadlines, and report on project progress.
· Set client, manager, artist, and team expectations regarding assets, features, deliverables, and deadlines via clearly communicated progress updates.
· Source and contract designers/developers as needed.
· Attend and participate in internal and client meetings.
· Train and direct interns on daily web-related tasks.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Please list Digital Marketing Coordinator Applicant in subject line.
ADA: Manager, Label Operations | New York, New York
Why this could be your next big break:
Have you ever wanted to work within the independent music sector? Are you detail oriented and excited by the ability to create process? Then this role is for you! Reporting to the Director, Label Operations, this position will act as the main liaison between our distributed labels and our downstream team to ensure that content is accurately being portrayed in the marketplace. This role will help drive process on a daily basis in order to drive efficiency to our team and at ADA as a whole.
Here you’ll get to:
• Foster strong relationships with our label partners and serve as the central point person for content management and supply chain matters.
• Take end to end responsibility for managing the flow of product information and associated assets on behalf of our label partners and artists through Warner Music Group’s digital and physical supply chain.
• Rectify content issues and queries as they relate to the release delivery and setup process.
• Catalog maintenance; execute updates, communicate digital takedown instructions, territory expansions, and release date bumps and ensure systems are amended to reflect those changes
• Manage domestic and international solicitation process for physical releases
• Manage the New Release book process
• Run weekly SLO meetings with sales and label management
• Administer reports from our business systems on a weekly basis
• Participate in the development and implementation of system fixes and enhancements to increase the functions of our software tools. Help to optimize efficiency and define product data standards
• Assist the team in on-boarding new catalogs into the ADA ecosystem
• Provide support to the wider operations team as required.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You have strong attention to detail and an understanding that accuracy is paramount
• You have the ability to develop and sustain good working relationships with colleagues and label partners
• You have a dynamic attitude to problem solving, proactively looking for improvements & best practices
• You have the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and drive projects to completion
• You are a self-starter who looks at new ways of working and takes initiative in delivering results
• You are highly proficient in Excel
• You have knowledge and interest in the independent music sector
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• You have 1-2 years of prior experience working with independent labels or distribution
• You have past experience with content management software
• You have an understanding for metadata and asset specifications
Why join us?:
ADA is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the ADA team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set ADA apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville; Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Qobuz is a hi-resolution music download and streaming service currently established in 11 European countries and launching in the USA later in 2018.
We cater to:
– passionate and sometimes very specialized users that are often experts in the domain themselves
– lovers of sound quality and Hi-Res audio
– a broader group of demanding music lovers motivated by curiosity and a desire to explore. High quality curation and content management are at the heart of Qobuz’s strategy.
MUSIC MERCHANDISER, QOBUZ USA JOB DESCRIPTION
You will work in the New York office reporting to the Managing Director USA. The job will require a large amount of contact and collaboration with the team at the home office in Paris.
You will help the team build the best quality experience for our customers in the USA.
You will contribute to our relationship with some of our providers (labels/distributors).
We would like to emphasize the fact that Qobuz is an online music service with a very unique offer for our users, particularly in specialized genres which are under-represented within music streaming services.
At the end of the day your job is mainly commercial: making the Qobuz product as accessible as possible for the US mark.
You will be involved in the planning of high quality playlists with the help of our experts. You will contribute to creating the platform’s customer-facing communications and marketing copy. You will contribute to the localisation of content for the US market. You will also participate in the planning and execution of promotional campaigns with label and artist partners.
You will participate in editorial planning to include local music news, and you will take part in the development of social media content.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
– Minimium 3-5 years of professional experience
– Strong digital music and/or music journalism background
– Exceptional writing ability
– Good music knowledge and – regardless of your personal preferences – you’ve got good taste!
– Experience in demanding, collaborative start-up or similar workplaces
– BA preferred
Please send resume and cover letter to Dan.Mackta@qobuz.com