Articles on this Page
- 01/08/19--08:33: _E7LG seeking Public...
- 01/16/19--13:32: _Mom + Pop Music Hir...
- 01/18/19--09:59: _Ghostly Internation...
- 01/18/19--13:59: _Secretly Group Seek...
- 01/18/19--16:56: _Independent Electro...
- 01/08/19--08:33: E7LG seeking Publicist/Publicity Manager
- 01/16/19--13:32: Mom + Pop Music Hiring Marketing Coordinator
- 01/18/19--09:59: Ghostly International seeks Digital/Project Manager
- 01/18/19--13:59: Secretly Group Seeks Projects Coordinator for Bloomington, IN Office
- 01/18/19--16:56: Independent Electronic Music Label seeks Label Administrator
Eleven Seven Label Group (E7LG) New York NY
Eleven Seven Label Group is seeking an experienced Publicist to join its team in the New York office. The position will spearhead publicity efforts for Five Seven Music and Better Noise Records under the Eleven Seven Label Group. This position will report to the Director of Publicity and will work closely with the marketing team to create and execute full album cycle campaigns. This role will also handle projects related to various artists under the label group including Mötley Crüe, Nikki Sixx, Sixx:A.M., Nothing More, Papa Roach, Dirty Heads, Escape The Fate, and other rock and alternative artists for the label.
• Strong knowledge of rock and alternative music genres
• Have excellent communication skills with press, artists, management and internally
• An excellent and diligent writer (writing samples will be requested)
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skill is a must
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Positive and team-oriented attitude with great relationship building skills
• Self-directed, proactive, forward-thinker and highly motivated
• Proven track record of national and regional placements
• Provide support to the Head of Publicity on all E7LG Releases
• Assist with creating the overall PR strategy on full album cycle campaigns
• Work with product managers to identify core campaign press goals per artist/release
• Pitch and secure national and regional press coverage for artists across all media
• Coordinate all global press requests, schedule phone and email interviews with artists
• Pitch traditional online and print press, regional TV; Facilitate video/asset servicing for TV
• Pitch niche outlets including vloggers, online sessions, podcasts, and more
• Write, edit and distribute press releases to media and service music to media
• Secure meaningful press opportunities and organize press days when appropriate
• Maintain and expand current PR databases with particular focus on strengthening lists
• Send weekly press reports to internal and external teams
• Must have minimum 4 years of experience as a publicist at a record label or music agency
• Have worked with indie and A-list artists on full album campaigns
• Tour publicity experience; proven track record of placements
• Strong relationships in national media, regional media and across rock, alternative, indie, cultural, lifestyle, trade outlets and more
Send Resume to Harris@E7LG.com
Mom + Pop Music, a leading independent record label based in NYC, seeks a Marketing Coordinator. We are looking for an individual with no less than 2 years experience in the music industry (booking, management, agency, touring, indie label, etc) that is a self-starter, ambitious, and hungry to learn. Who enjoys indie music and wants to work collaboratively within a small boutique company.
The Marketing Coordinator will give day-to-day support to the product managers and head of marketing. Please be aware this is a lifestyle job and going to shows and jumping in with partners internationally could require weekend or evening availability.
Admin Support to Head of Marketing and Marketing Department
Compiling data and putting together email blasts for radio department
Working across the roster to send out comprehensive updates to artist teams and internal teams
Assisting in compiling release and marketing assets for campaigns and distributing to both internal & external teams
Managing all radio and marketing mailings
Research and assisting in the execution of creative marketing ideas and campaigns
– 2 years applicable experience in the music industry or equivalent industry
– Excellent oral and written communication
– Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and to work quickly through administrative tasks
– Comfortable working in teams and independently
– Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Google Docs/Sheets, and Mailchimp is required.
– Photoshop, Illustrator or video editing a plus
Please send a copy of your resume but more importantly a cover letter that touches on giving us a snapshot of who you are. This can include but is not limited to: what ambitions you have, your first concert, bands that changed your life, your background or reasons why we should hire you. Think of this as if you were writing to a friend about the opportunity. The cover letter is weighted more than the resume. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Ghostly International Seeks full-time Digital/Project Manager for New York Office
Ghostly International is looking for a motivated, ambitious, and enthusiastic full-time Project Manager with an emphasis on DSPs and marketing. The position will be based in our New York office. 2-4 years of music industry experience are essential. The candidate must have a passion for music, familiarity with our label and artists, a knack for organization, be keen to contribute to the global strategy for our projects, and an ability to communicate effectively with artists, managers, distributors, and DSPs.
Ghostly International is comprised of the Ghostly and Spectral Sound record labels plus a Publishing arm and e-commerce retail shop. We have team members in New York, Los Angeles, and Michigan. Artists include Matthew Dear, Kllo, Com Truise, Mary Lattimore, Tadd Mullinix, Starchild & The New Romantic, Tycho, and more. “Transcending its record label roots to sell an ethos,” says The New York Times, “Ghostly International has grown from a boutique known for its experimental-pop and techno acumen into an internationally recognized multicultural platform representing some of the world’s best visual artists, designers, technologists, and musicians.”
Work closely with label director, production/art manager, and editorial manager plus A&R to serve as a primary point of contact and advocate for releases.
Maintain and foster relationships with artists providing an active and available label voice/presence alongside A&R.
Liaise with internal label staff (marketing, promotions, radio, production, distribution, events, etc), and 3rd party team members (publicity, booking agents, sync placement, creatives, etc) to assure all parties have the information, resources, and access they require to excel in their work. At the same time, liaise with artists and management to both provide access to the wider team while also making that team feel manageable.
The role is full-time and will require some out-of-office-hours activity, such as attendance at shows, accompanying artists on promotional activities, etc.
Work with label director and production manager alongside publishing and retail teams to help to coordinate assets across campaigns, including music videos, remixes, live sessions, photoshoots, digital assets, etc.
Develop strong relationships across multiple areas within Digital Service Provider accounts, including content/editorial and marketing, and maintain promotional/marketing efforts.
Hire retainers and other third parties for PR, radio etc where necessary, and drive and manage those relationships and campaigns to ensure effective work. Create one-sheets and sales updates.
Manage project budgets, marketing sales goals, and campaign timelines. Plan digital marketing campaigns, including web and SEO/SEM.
Create detailed weekly reports of all marketing work and updates on individual campaigns to be shared with our staff and our partners at distribution, DSPs, external marketing agencies, and artist management.
Develop and implement digital advertising and online strategies. Analyze and quantify success and efficiency of digital advertising, social engagement, conversion, and partnerships via various analytics tools.
Manage playlisting strategies and analysis of streaming data.
Develop and maintain relationships with partners outside of the traditional music retail sphere, including new media platforms, brand partnerships, and lifestyle marketing.
Excellent written, presentational communication, and organizational skills are essential.
Contacts in music and related industries including press, radio, booking agencies, brands, tastemakers, etc.
Contacts in the creative services arena (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers, etc.)
Must possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Must be able to demonstrate independent thought and action — a “Self-Starter.”
Social Media proficiency.
Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
Staying up to date on changing digital and music landscape.
Effectively manage multiple concurrent projects.
Proficient in Microsoft Office products including: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, plus Google Docs, Google Cal, Dropbox, and Asana.
Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships.
Utilize data analytics to guide strategic decisions.
Background of 2-4 years in music industry in digital/strategy/marketing/project management.
Health + Dental insurance
To apply: please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter
Posting Date: January 18, 2019
Closing Date: January 31, 2019
Secretly Group Seeks Projects Coordinator for Bloomington, IN Office
Secretly Group is looking for a motivated, ambitious and enthusiastic full-time Projects Coordinator. The position will be based in our Bloomington, IN office. 1-2 years of music industry experience are ideal. The candidate must have a passion for music, a knack for organization, and an ability to communicate effectively.
Secretly Group is made up of the Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, and Secretly Canadian record labels. We are headquartered in Bloomington, IN, with offices in Brooklyn, London, Los Angeles, Austin, and additional staff in Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, and beyond. We release music by artists such as Mitski, Slowdive, Phoebe Bridgers, Bon Iver, Moses Sumney, Sharon Van Etten, Whitney, serpentwithfeet, and Yoko Ono.
* Collect, prepare, and deliver project label copy and other assets for distribution set-up.
* Work with management to keep distributor updated on the status of our internal release schedule.
*Work closely with Project Managers to manage production deadlines, strategize stock pressing quantities, then place all internal production orders for physical audio formats.
*Serve as liaison between Projects and Production staff.
*Coordinate all points of internal inventory management. Includes managing production parts holdings with manufacturing vendors, consignment account inventories, and regular inventory needs of our distributor.
*Project manage select projects, particularly catalogue reissues and represses. Work will include fundamentals of project management: liaising with artists and managers, overseeing project timelines and budgets, coordinating assets, etc.
*Assist Managing Director and Project Managers with special projects as needed.
*Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential.
*Must possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
*Must be able to demonstrate independent thought and action.
*Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
*Effectively manage multiple concurrent projects.
*Background of 1-2 years in music industry.
Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
Paid vacation days
Contact: To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate send email directly to Jessie LaJoie, Secretly’s HR Director at email@example.com
Posting Date: January 18, 2018
Closing Date: January 28, 2019
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.
deadmau5’s acclaimed independent electronic music label is currently seeking an experienced Music Label Administrator to work out of its Los Angeles office. The role will have broad responsibility for managing the tracking, organization, distribution and processing of a high volume of administrative tasks related to the release of the label’s music. Must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and be able to work well with deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Must be highly organized, have excellent follow-through, client relation skills, and ability and desire to multitask. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with strong knowledge of music contracts, copyright and publishing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Tracking, administering and processing music agreements including master purchase, licensing, publishing and work for hire agreements, from distribution to signature, archiving and processing, including requesting, coordinating and submitting related payments;
• Overseeing and confirming legal deliverables for each contract and collaborating with business affairs and artist teams to confirm and provide the same;
• Creation of ISRC codes, label copy, and all metadata;
• Manage the label release schedule in coordination with label manager;
• Manage the registration of master recordings and publishing interests with neighboring rights societies, SoundExchange, US Copyright Office and YouTube;
• Liaise with artists and their teams regarding various contract-related questions including royalty and publishing inquiries;
• Internal and external point of contact for collection of invoices and managing processing of third party payments;
• Label liaison for artist royalty statements;
• Work with business affairs to ensure all necessary agreements are complete prior to release;
• Liaise with accounting and publishing departments to ensure new signings are properly integrated into the label’s systems
• Managing, maintaining, and updating various rights management trackers, release calendars, third party clearance charts (side artists, samples, interpolations, etc.), and document management;
• Coordinate grant submissions
• Unparalleled organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including excellent spelling and grammar;
• Strong team player who can work well with others;
• Works well under high pressure situations;
• Ability to keep information highly confidential;
• Ability to arrive at work on time on a daily basis;
• Ability to remain organized and have excellent follow-up skills, with strong attention to detail;
• Highly dependable and can be relied upon to complete tasks requested by supervisors;
• Professional phone manner
Interested candidates please email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org