- RSS Channel Showcase 6902304
- RSS Channel Showcase 4831839
- RSS Channel Showcase 7898840
- RSS Channel Showcase 9019995
Articles on this Page
- 10/06/15--11:17: _Reply To: Bright An...
- 10/12/15--14:05: _Account Manager, Sa...
- 10/20/15--10:00: _Marketing/Project M...
- 10/20/15--11:07: _Nacional Records / ...
- 10/26/15--13:15: _Marketing Assistant...
- 10/28/15--07:33: _A to Z Media Seeks ...
- 11/09/15--19:53: _Symphonic Distribut...
- 11/10/15--20:01: _DIRTYBIRD records s...
- 11/11/15--14:50: _Symphonic Distribut...
- 11/12/15--11:44: _Sound Performance U...
- 11/18/15--09:06: _Dubset Media Seekin...
- 11/18/15--14:52: _Job opening at Koba...
- 11/23/15--13:19: _Beggars Group Seeks...
- 12/03/15--07:56: _Girlie Action Seeks...
- 12/10/15--16:37: _Nacional Records / ...
- 12/14/15--19:28: _Beggars Group is se...
- 12/23/15--09:08: _Beggars Group seeks...
- 12/23/15--11:58: _Coordinator, Busine...
- 12/28/15--10:57: _WARP RECORDS • JOB ...
- 01/03/16--22:48: _Fat Beats Distribut...
- 10/06/15--11:17: Reply To: Bright Antenna Records Seeks Product Manager
- 10/12/15--14:05: Account Manager, Sales Strategy (New York,NY)
- 10/20/15--10:00: Marketing/Project Manager Position
- 10/20/15--11:07: Nacional Records / Cookman Seeks Publicist (Los Angeles)
- 10/28/15--07:33: A to Z Media Seeks Production Manager
- 11/09/15--19:53: Symphonic Distribution seeks New Media Content Manager
- 11/10/15--20:01: DIRTYBIRD records seeks Label Manager
- 11/11/15--14:50: Symphonic Distribution seeks Digital Marketing Coordinator
- 11/12/15--11:44: Sound Performance USA looking for a Sales /Account Representative
- 11/18/15--14:52: Job opening at Kobalt Music / AWAL – Digital Marketing
- 11/23/15--13:19: Beggars Group Seeks Radio Promotions Assistant
- 12/03/15--07:56: Girlie Action Seeks Digital Marketing Director (NYC)
- 12/10/15--16:37: Nacional Records / Cookman Seeks Label/Product Manager (Los Angeles)
- 12/14/15--19:28: Beggars Group is seeking Non-Comm / College Radio position (NYC)
- 12/23/15--09:08: Beggars Group seeks Licensing Director (New York)
- 12/23/15--11:58: Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs (Razor & Tie, NYC)
- 12/28/15--10:57: WARP RECORDS • JOB OPPORTUNITY: WARP LOS ANGELES
- 01/03/16--22:48: Fat Beats Distribution (Los Angeles) Seeks Production Manager
This position is still available.
About Isolation Network, Inc
Currently in its 13th year of operation, Isolation Network, Inc. (“IN”) is an innovative media & technology services company. IN is the parent company of INgrooves Music Group, INscribe Digital and IN Enterprise Solutions. Our passion for music, books and video is redefining the future of the media industry.
At IN, our mission is to provide content creators with the most transparent and scalable distribution tools and the most creative marketing solutions to enable them to maximize their sales in today’s dynamic marketplace. Our years of experience, cost-efficient technology platforms and unparalleled commitment to customer service empower our clients by connecting them to hundreds of retail storefronts around the world, while simplifying an increasingly complex digital ecosystem.
INgrooves Music Group is comprised of INgrooves Distribution Services, INresidence Artist Services, and INgrooves Music Publishing. INgrooves provides clients with global distribution, customized marketing, promotion, sync licensing, music publishing and administrative support to help maximize the earnings potential of specific music and video releases in today’s dynamic music marketplace.
Utilizing the Client Console, INgrooves clients have total visibility on the status of their releases – how, when and where they are distributed, and access to review and export monthly sales reports for retailers. INgrooves’ platform optimizes the consumer reach for content partners.
The position of Account Manager, Sales Strategy is responsible for the revenue goals, relationships and growth of a key account in the digital music industry. The candidate will work closely with label representatives to ensure maximum visibility and monetization for key projects, pre/post-release, and be the authority on all marketing and revenue-driven activities. Manage relationships with various teams internally and with external clients of INgrooves.
The Account Manager, Sales Strategy reports to the Sr. Director of Sales Strategy and is based in New York.
• Create, build and execute campaigns including pre/post-release strategies for a major digital account’s download, streaming and radio platforms
• Maintain exceptional understanding of marketing, streaming and sales opportunities, systems and timelines
• Manage information flow between label partners and the account on new release and catalog initiatives and opportunities
• Build and maintain relationships with all key parties across the account, including editorial, operational, marketing and management teams
• Liaise with digital distribution team to meet time-sensitive deadlines and ensure accurate and timely delivery of releases
• Generate and present analytical reporting and create strategies around future initiatives
• Maintain ongoing awareness of and communicate best practices for engagement to labels and internal teams
• Communicate best practices for engagement to labels and provide regular internal company updates, analysis, marketing highlights and news
• 4+ years digital account management experience
• Strong relationships within the music and entertainment industries
• Existing relationships at key streaming services a plus
• Genuine passion for music
• Connector, relationship builder
• Deep level of understanding of digital music space – understanding of music across many genres and key players
• Creates opportunities, not merely facilitates them
• Exceptional communication skills – concise, polished, able to deal with varying personalities and levels
• Highly-organized, meticulous about follow-up, deadline oriented, resourceful, innovative, problem fixer
• Knowledge of digital distribution process and managing lead-times
• Excellent skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• Active information seeker on current industry trends
Why work with us?
We are passionate about the health and wellbeing of our team members. Isolation Network, Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical and dental insurance, annual flu shots, free vision and life insurance, 401k retirement plan options, and flexible spending and reimbursement programs.
Other perks of working with us are generous paid leave allowances, discounted gym memberships and the opportunity to work in a casual, energetic, creative and fun working environment!
Domino Recording Company is looking for a full time Marketing/Project Manager based in our Brooklyn, NY office. This position reports to the Director of Marketing. We are seeking an individual who has great interpersonal skills, is a self-starter, and has the ability to work in an open and creative group environment. The position is responsible for the development and oversight of marketing and promotional campaigns for our roster of artists as well as maintaining the front line relationship with the artists and their management. The position requires strong organizational and communication skills; the ability to work under pressure; strong musical knowledge, particularly of Domino’s roster; and an awareness of the ever-changing music marketplace. At least four years of professional experience in the music business is required and previous applicable project management experience is preferred. The exact title and salary will be commensurate with experience.
· Develop and execute distinctive marketing campaigns that include oversight of sales, radio, promotion, advertising, publicity, licensing and touring.
· Act as the day-to-day point person for a dedicated roster of artists.
· Maintain artist and management relationships via constant communication.
· Prepare and maintain project budgets.
· Coordinate the delivery of album masters, artwork, and packaging.
· Work closely with label staff both domestically and internationally in the development and execution of marketing plans.
· Assist in the delivery of creative assets such as commissioning of music videos, EPKs, photos, biographies, and promotional materials.
· Work with the publicity department to plan and coordinate artist’s schedules and promotional activities.
· Develop and maintain industry relationships with booking agents, promoters, publicists, and marketing companies.
· Minimum of four years’ experience in the music industry or related field
· Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Proficiency in MS Office
· Ability to multitask
Domino Recording Co. was founded in the UK in 1993 by Laurence Bell, who is still the primary creative force of the company. Initially focused on releasing singles and albums by American artists in the UK (Pavement, Bonnie “Prince” Billy, Sebadoh), the label has expanded over the past decade to include offices in New York, Berlin, Paris and Sydney and has had considerable worldwide success, both commercial and artistic, with acts as diverse as Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Animal Collective, Dirty Projectors, Real Estate, The Kills, and Jon Hopkins to name a few.
Nacional / Cookman is a record label, artist management and marketing company that focuses primarily on left of center cutting edge Latino artists.
Nacional / Cookman is looking for a Publicist to be based in our Los Angeles office.
The candidate will play a key role on all Nacional releases and Cookman projects, taking responsibility for the publicity and promo activities of our Artists and outreaches. They will report directly to the head of the company and collaborate closely within the team.
Key responsibilities include:
Creating, developing and implementing publicity strategies for album releases as well as other company projects (LAMC, Supersonico, etc.)
Working hand-in-hand with sales, marketing, digital to maximize artist visibility and awareness.
Writing press releases and pitches.
Building relationships with media outlets (print, radio, online)
Pitching, confirming and coordinating tour press.
Other responsibilities include:
Working closely with staff to design and implement results-driven social media campaigns for artists, releases and other company properties.
Work closely when needed with Nacional Records distributor, RED, to support retail and sales activities
Some travel required and occasionally after hours and weekends. (not often, though).
The candidate should love music, contemporary culture and Nacional Records’ artists, and have outstanding communication skills and organization, (Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required). They will be able to demonstrate a keen interest and track record in traditional and emerging media outlets and be able to plan and multi-task. They will be excited by how publicity and media coverage can enhance our Artists’ careers and have the drive to make things happen.
With this role, Nacional Records offers the chance to be part of a passionate team. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
SMITHSONIAN FOLKWAYS RECORDINGS seeks a proactive, creative, organized marketing assistant with experience in current music marketing techniques. Visit folkways.si.edu/jobs. The Smithsonian Institution is an equal opportunity employer.
PRODUCTION MANAGER / CSR Customer Service Representative
Production manager required for busy NY CD/DVD/LP manufacturing broker.
The primary role is to work closely with our client base to understand their release schedules, priorities and to ensure the best possible customer service.
Work with internal art department trafficking jobs through design/proofing stage.
Issues purchase orders to all vendors.
Traffic all pieces through print, manufacture and into distribution.
Communicate on a regular basis with the client as to the status of the job, the key is to be proactive NOT reactive.
Monitor print samples for quality issues.
Ensure that all shipping requirements are given to the vendors in a timely manner
Maintain an accurate production schedule.
Once the order is complete, enter the correct invoice for the client and ensure that all billable parts are included. Liaise with in house sales personnel as and when necessary.
Other tasks/duties as requested.
The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic and level headed.
They must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
Have excellent computer skills.
Previous experience in a similar environment a huge plus.
Intelligent, motivated and great people skills.
Compensation commensurate with experience including vacation/health benefits. Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Symphonic Distribution is one of the leading independent partners for digital music distribution services to stores such as iTunes, Beatport, Amazon, and more and are constantly monitoring and engaging with the latest business models, such as Spotify, Tidal and Rhapsody. We provide our clients, independent artists and records labels, access to hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, and have created unique options that each and every client can choose from.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated individual to manage new forms of music distribution that fall under “new media.” The New Media Content Manager will be responsible for helping the operations team with quality control, ingestion, creation, and delivery for media content such as video distribution, STEM distribution, our online TV network, physical distribution, our retail store front and more.
• College degree
• Two years of new media experience required or similar experience
• Operational experience, and familiarity with video and media file formats and deliver
• Candidate must be analytical and strategic in their approach to problem solving
• Familiar with new media/technology
• Technical video knowledge a huge plus
• Experience with command line/script coding a huge plus
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Keen eye and ear for video and audio
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-starter with great work ethic
Demonstrate ability to
• Ability to execute multiple projects in a timely fashion, from start to finish, under tight deadlines
• Manage day-to-day relationships with external partners and vendors to ensure that all parties are aligned and informed.
• Ensure that new media projects are appropriately scoped, resourced and delivered on time.
• Ability to foster collaborative and fun cross-functional teamwork with enthusiasm and creativity
• Dynamic, high-energy and fun
• Passion for emerging technologies
• People person
• Loyal and committed
• Openness to criticism and ideas
• Music Industry experience
• Technical video knowledge a huge plus
• Basic video editing skills a plus
• Coffee lover
We provide benefits after eligibility is met.
Health Insurance (We cover 50%)
Dental Insurance (We cover 50%)
Life Insurance (We cover 100%)
Vision Insurance (We cover 100%)
Simple IRA with a company contribution
All interested candidates can apply by sending resume and cover letter to:
Jorge Brea – CEO & Founder
The dirtybird label manager should have a minimum of 3 years experience working as a label manager for a record label. The position reports into the COO/CMO. This person must know the inner workings of label management. We will have a label product manager/company who is responsible for uploading assets, distributing the music and creating the back end royalties, but this label manager is ultimately responsible for making sure everything is working correctly across the board.
The person is the face of dirtybird records. He/She must be a leader, a self-starter and most importantly, a collaborator with many different people and departments.
Symphonic Distribution is one of the leading independent partners for digital music distribution services to stores such as iTunes, Beatport, Amazon, and more and are constantly monitoring and engaging with the latest business models, such as Spotify, Tidal and Rhapsody. We provide our clients, independent artist and record labels, access to hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, and have created unique options that each and every client can choose from.
Ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated individual with 3+ years in digital marketing in the music business. Must be organized and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously. Candidate must also have experience with all social media networks and digital music platforms, keeping up with emerging platforms and trends and able to create strategic digital and client-facing marketing programs.
• Marketing Bachelor’s Degree required
• 3-4+ years experience in digital editorial, digital marketing or social media coordination roles working for a major brand or agency environment.
• Passionate about and keeps up with latest social media trends.
• Proficiency in best practices and style conventions on social media platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat.
• Strong copywriting and editing skills. An exceptional command of grammar and spelling is a must.
• Knowledge of Sprout Social, Bitly, Meet Edgar, Mailchimp, WordPress and Hootsuite.
• Can work with Photoshop and/or Illustrator and HTML.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Complete expertise in Google Analytics and AdWords.
• Ability to improve paid marketing efforts such as SEM and display advertising
• Please include links to your social presence in your cover letter, as well as links to any brand accounts you have managed with dates.
Demonstrate ability to:
• Ability to execute multiple projects in a timely fashion, from start to finish, under tight deadlines.
• Ability to express ideas clearly both in visual, written and oral communications.
• Ability to foster collaborative and fun cross-functional teamwork with enthusiasm and creativity
• Dynamic, high energy and fun – ready to work in a great ambiance
• High bar for visual quality
• Ability to spot new, meaningful and trending platforms
• Passion for emerging technology and marketing approaches
• People person
• Loyal and committed
• Openness to criticism and ideas
Nice to Haves:
• Music Industry experience
• Basic video editing skills a plus
• Knowledge of Moz
• Coffee lover
All interested candidates can apply by sending resume, cover letter and links to your social presence, as well as links to any brand accounts you have managed with dates to:
Director of Marketing
Sound Performance is a specialist supplier to the Music Industry based in NYC. Working with many leading Independent Record Labels we project manage the concept, production and manufacturing of physical products including box sets, special packaging, Vinyl pressing and CD replication.
Reporting to the General Manager your time will be split between the office and off-site meetings establishing and developing new accounts.
Duties will involve identifying new business opportunities, project managing, growing and developing existing accounts, meeting regularly with clients, preparing estimates along with maximising sales margins and attending relevant industry functions to network with potential new clients, and to keep in touch with existing customers.
The role is ideal for a music lover at the start of their career, you will need to be ambitious, self-motivated, friendly and outgoing with the ability to build enduring relationships with customers. A proven sales ability, relevant industry experience and an existing network of potential customers will all be highly attractive advantages.
Salary based upon experience. There will be an initial 3 month trial period.
Dubset Media is a music and technology focused NYC startup solving the complexities behind proper rights-holder identification, licensing, and distribution associated with derivative content. Dubset’s content registry & licensing data platform, MixBANK is seeking dedicated and passionate interns to assist with a whole array of opportunities including but not limited to the following:
– Content QC/QA – review, research, and clean up of tracklists and rights holder information
– Claims research (research rights conflicts brought to us by rights holders, DJs, etc)
– Assist with content curation for special projects, as they come up
Product QA/Tech Support
– Working with Product and Dev teams to help QA new features and releases
– Provide usability feedback in response to requirements and design of features and UX
– Assist in building automated testing for MixBANK
– Assist with analytics of data, dashboards, reports, etc.
– Help evaluate partner, customers, and competitor solutions
– Research label and publisher data
– Assist with misc. analytics projects for industry and internal reports
Think you have what it takes? Send us your resume, cover letter, which team you’re interested in and a fun fact about yourself to the relay email.
Before you do, please make sure you meet the following qualifications:
+ You’re a current student eligible to earn school credit for this internship
+ You’re able to commute to/from our NYC office (remote options are available)
+ You’re able to commit to at least 10-15 hours per week, days will vary depending on availability
+ You’re able to commit from mid/end of December 2015 to May 2016, start date can be flexible
+ You own a laptop
+ You’re passionate, curious, and resourceful
+ You have top-notch organizational, communication, time management skills
+ You have basic knowledge of DJ culture and appreciation for all music genres
+ You have a genuine interest in the music/tech space
We offer monthly travel reimbursements, occasional company lunches, one-on-one sessions with key executives, and the opportunity to explore your interests hands on in an open and collaborative working environment.
We’re looking to onboard candidates immediately, so please be prompt with your applications. Thank you for your interest – our recruiters will be in touch!
New York, NY
Kobalt Label Services (KLS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to work with our AWAL digital services team, based in our New York office. Responsibilities will include providing digital marketing support and creative ideas to AWAL artist and label clients and releases. The candidate must be enthused about working with developing artists and the AWAL discovery platform.
AWAL is a digital sales, distribution and marketing company that offers a transparent, straight to market solution for artists and labels. Originally founded in the UK in 2003, AWAL is designed to empower content owners to take control of their digital business.
AWAL has provided global distribution services to a vast range artists, including Arctic Monkeys, Editors, Radiohead, Beck, Klaxons, Moby, Royal Blood, Beverly Knight, Frank Turner, AR Rahman, Nina Nesbitt, Gabrielle Aplin, Flight Facilities, Orbital, David Ford, Passenger, Tina Dico, Daughter, Snakehips RAC and Little Dragon; and labels including Cult Records, Marathon Artists, Communion Records, mau5trap, INGRID, Firebrand Records and Dirtybird Records
-Social media strategy
-Good knowledge of social and music platforms, including Spotify, YouTube etc, alongside the standard Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc
-Advising clients on CRM activities
-Mailing list management / segmentation, scheduling, and strategy
-Provide useful analytics from native social analytics platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter) as well as analytics tools like Next Big Sound.
-Communicating with advertising agencies as well as Google & Facebook advertising reps
-Retargeting lists: Set up & ensure they are collecting across artist platforms
-Promotion of video content via platforms such as VEVO
-New artist checklists
-Development and implementation of creative marketing ideas on selected releases.
Desired Skills & Experience:
-Experience in and passion for working in the music industry
-Knowledge of image editing software (i.e. Photoshop, Fireworks)
-Basic HTML and WordPress knowledge
-Experience with the Facebook Ads Platform, Google Adwords, and Twitter advertising
-Strong social media expertise and experience
-Competent in Microsoft Office, Keynote and other productivity software for reports and proposals
-Experience with the YouTube CMS is a plus, YouTube Certified even better
-Understanding of content optimization and audience building on Video platforms (YouTube/Dailymotion)
-Experience of working with relevant analytics tools
-Interest in key music blogs & online press helpful
-Interest in and experience with music streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, playlisting, etc)
-Ideally someone who stays on top of trends in music & digital media
-Well organized and able to support many projects at once
-Excellent oral and written communication skills
View job post here: https://www.kobaltmusic.com/page-job-post.php?id=WJ2141
Beggars Group Radio Dept is seeking a highly motivated go getter to learn from the ground level up about radio promotions. This assistant position is fast paced, and for someone that knows how to be effective and take charge of many different situations. Must be self motivated, but also take good direction, a good listener, and be able to process many different types of information and coordinate the daily inner workings of the radio promotions department. WARNING: THIS IS A STRESSFUL JOB, and also ATTENTION TO DETAIL is VITAL, and when juggling multiple projects HIGHLY ESSENTIAL, please do not SAY you are , show us HOW you are that person.
Must be comfortable on the phone and dealing with people, and must be proficient on MAC. Previous label, music industry experience is preferred. Daily tasks require, answering the phone, coordinating travel for dept/artist, promo needs such as ordering of backline equipment and delivery, station personnel travel, invoicing, payments, PO’s, budget maintenance, mass mailings, information sheets and general day to day office duties, also assisting the VP of the dept in daily tasks, scheduling and daily coordination, and gathering information for outgoing information sheets.
You are: easy going but extremely professional, not easily stressed, never panics, loves people, loves music and going to shows, social butterfly, quick learner, great listener, trouble shooter, organizational expert
We want someone that not only loves the music we put out, wants to see the bigger picture for the artists at radio and someone that just wants a really great challenge in their up and coming career!
REFERENCES are MANDATORY from another music related company
Send email response/resume/references to: email@example.com
Girlie Action is hiring!
Ideal candidate is creative and self-motivated, with tangible (case study) experience creating strategic fan-facing digital marketing programs using a wide variety of social media and “music discover” platforms.
Candidate must also be someone who keeps a close eye on the constantly evolving digital music space, keeping up with emerging platforms and “content marketing” trends, and must be well-versed in “best practices” for all of the key platforms and services.
• Work directly with client (artists and managers) to develop and implement digital marketing and direct-to-fan (d2f) strategies uniquely tailored to each artist
• Work directly with client to develop effective, highly engaging social messaging routines and best practices
• Create content roll-out calendars, social media copy, contests and other tools to maximize artist visibility and fan engagement.
• Analyze and quantify the success of all digital marketing initiatives using a variety of analytics tools (Next Big Sound, etc.)
• Develop and maintain strong email marketing strategies to maximize open rates, clicks and sales
• Create and/or maintain all artist web properties (light HTML) and social media platforms
• Oversee production of photo, video and viral content in conjunction with artist, manager and third-party creatives
• Create play-listing strategies and analyze streaming data to measure efficacy of marketing programs
Salary is commensurate with experience.
• Health Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation Days
Please send resumes to Jobs@girlie.com (no phone calls please).
About Girlie Action
Founded in 1994, Girlie Action is full service music marketing agency. We offer a wide range of artist and project management services designed to create and promote music-driven products and content, and to power artists’ careers.
Girlie Action is one of the leading boutique marketing firms in the U.S. specializing in music and pop culture. We have a long-standing reputation for representing some of the most innovative yet popular artists in the United States. We have created marketing campaigns for a variety of lifestyle brands, introducing unique entertainment-driven products and events to the most influential tastemakers in the country.
Since 2011 Girlie Action has also offered a vertically integrated suite of “label services”, providing our clients with the same expertise, infrastructure and marketing services traditionally offered by a large, successful and well-branded indie label.
Nacional / Cookman is a record label, artist management, publisher and marketing company that focuses primarily on left of center cutting edge Latino artists.
Nacional / Cookman is looking for a Label/Product Manager to be based in our Los Angeles office.
The candidate will play a key role on all Nacional releases and Cookman projects. They will report directly to the head of the company and collaborate closely within the team.
Key responsibilities include (but are not necessarily limited to):
Release Schedule Management:
– work with A&R to plan releases
– organize release dates (digital, physical, vinyl)
– compile all assets including audio, art, label copy
– make sure our PR team has all necessary assets
– conceptualize/execute marketing ideas/campaigns
– keep artists/label partners/distribution/retail contacts apprised of press & promo reports/info
– assist in management of social media platforms (Soundcloud, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc).
– work closely with our distribution partner (RED) to advance releases & execute retail programs
– market release to all digital services & pitch for featured placements
– assist in pitching releases to territorial partners
– assist in comp and synch licensing process
Direct to Consumer
– oversee creation of consumer email blast
– assist with marketing efforts & organization of events (LAMC, Supersonico, etc).
Inventory & Merch
– oversee product inventory, reorder process
– coordinate sales of Nacional product with touring artists
Day to Day – make sure communication is flowing between team, managers, artists, international partners, distributor, etc.
The candidate should love music, contemporary culture and Nacional Records’ artists, have outstanding communication skills and organization, and be able to plan and multi-task. Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred, but not required. They will be able to plan, create and execute a plan to fruition by effectively and efficiently working in a team environment and will be excited by how proper product/label management can enhance our Artists’ careers and have the drive to make things happen.
With this role, Nacional Records offers the chance to be part of a passionate team. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Required experience: Label Management: 2+ years
Please contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
Beggars Group US is seeking to fill position in the radio promotions department in New York
You will be responsible for securing radio airplay for a wide variety of artists on the Beggars Group roster for a select group of stations. Must be comfortable on the phones, (the job is 75% phone based) and in large meetings. Experience in the indie sector a must, on-air or programming history at a good college radio station a huge plus (still), generally an omnivorous and deep knowledge and understanding of all music but especially underground, alternative and indie label releases of the past 30 years in all genres, from punk rock to hip hop to electronic and all associated genres. This is a promotions job but it requires you to be able to “sell” our artists for airplay on various types of stations, but primarily Non-Comm & College radio (i.e. WFUV/New York, WXPN/Philadelphia, KCRW/Los Angeles)
Attention to detail is a must, and you must be an extraordinary multi-tasker. Also will be required to travel the east coast, coordinate meet and greets, and plan promo trips for artists in the north east and some south territories.
You are: passionate about music, friendly, easy to get along with, smart, loves going to shows, quick thinker, quick learner, remarkably organized and knows how to handle stressful situations without panic, a natural trouble shooter and a born negotiator.
– Designing and implementing promotional campaigns of all Beggars artists to non-commercial and college radio panels.
– Seeking out and arranging promotional activities for artists on tour (sessions, interviews, DJ sets)
– Establishing promotions in tour markets (giveaways, “presents”, etc)
– Gathering and analyzing spin/chart data, as well as feedback from Music/Program Directors for weekly updates
– Presenting information in weekly marketing meetings
– Seeking out new opportunities such as online/internet radio, promotions with radio-associated blogs
– Experience and familiarity with record label operations, timelines and projects
– Understanding of college radio and non-commercial radio panels.
– A minimum of 2-3 years experience IS A MUST.
MUST be deeply interested in radio. Position can potentially advance to commercial radio regional and beyond for the right person! Salary is DOE. Please submit resumes IMMEDIATELY to email@example.com
Beggars Group is looking for a Director of Licensing to work from our New York office, reporting to the US President and the UK-based Head of Licensing
– Actively pitch music under the Beggars Group umbrella (XL Recordings, 4AD, Matador Records, Rough Trade Records, True Panther Sounds, Young Turks, catalog titles (and represent some non-Beggars Labels for Commission Based deals) in respect of Ads and Video Games
– Work with our Labels and A&R staff to obtain advance music, assets and instrumentals and also coordinate with our publishing company Beggars Music.
– Coordinate with the Marketing and Sales Departments regarding new Artist campaigns, attend Marketing meetings and related Artist-specific planning meetings. Work closely with the Marketing Department on campaign initiatives and brand partnership opportunities to maximize sales and synchs during the lifecycle of a record.
– Set up upcoming albums releases within the licensing community, both to create awareness and also to look for pre-release / early opportunities.
– Send out email blasts and other forms of promotion in coordination with the Licensing Assistant.
– Develop and build on close relationships with Music Supervisors, Ad Agencies, and Video Game companies.
– Represent Beggars Labels and Matador Records at shows, showcases, listening parties, mixers, and other events. Organize artist showcases for Beggars artists when appropriate for advertising partners.
– Analyze Licensing requests using the US and UK Licensing Databases to gain knowledge of the history of similar deals and what we have achieved for the Artist on previous licensing deals.
– Negotiate licensing deals with third parties and present deal terms.
– Analyze Matador Records Licensing requests and maintain the Matador Records US Third-Party Licensing Database in conjunction with the licensing, legal and finance departments.
– Organizing our Artist to Demo for ‘Work for Hire” and negotiating a demo fee.
Liaise with the US Legal Department regarding issuing Licensing Agreements and Invoices for Matador Records.
Key Qualifications include
– Minimum 3 years’ licensing experience, ideally within a Label environment
– Experience developing and maintaining significant relationships in the licensing community specifically Advertising Agencies, Music Supervisor and Video Game Companies
– Knowledge and understanding of all Beggars Group catalog a major plus
– Strong work ethic, organization skills and attention to detail
– Good communication skills both written and verbal
– If you come from a Creative Licensing background full training will be given on negotiation Licensing deals to the right candidate
– Think outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically
– Ability to work as part of a team, including the UK Licensing Department staff, the West Coast-based Sr. VP of Licensing, the Beggars Group US Marketing and Sales Departments, and all the Beggars Group constituent labels.
Please send resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send resume and cover letter to BAemploy@razorandtie.com
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
-Basic drafting (including, but not limited to, artwork, photography and independent publicist agreements and miscellaneous letters and notices)
-Basic interpretation of contracts
-Facilitating execution of agreements
-Maintaining physical and digital filing systems
-Facilitating/tracking payment of advances
-Maintaining option/key contract date reports and list of controlled master recordings
-Maintaining contract forms
-Miscellaneous projects as needed/appropriate
-Soliciting potential international licensees for frontline label releases
-Miscellaneous executive assistant duties for EVP Business & Legal Affairs (e.g., printing/scanning documents, maintaining calendar, coordinating travel, providing basic tech support, submitting expense reports and answering phones)
-Various reception duties (e.g. greeting visitors, trafficking miscellaneous items and calls)
Requisite Skills & Abilities / Education & Experience: Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment; ability to handle heavy volume of work; attention to detail and strong follow up skills; excellent organizational, communication and telephone skills; and tech savvy with experience using Microsoft Office (specifically MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel). Bachelor’s degree required. This is an “entry level” position at Rs NYC office.
About Razor & Tie: With over 40 million units sold, 25 plus years in business and multiple Grammy Awards, Razor & Tie is the largest independent music label in North America. The full service label (which was founded in 1990 by entrepreneurs Cliff Chenfeld and Craig Balsam) employs an expert staff that provides marketing, promotion, as well as in-house creative team and video production services. In 2015, Cliff Chenfeld and Craig Balsam announced the formation of Razor & Tie Enterprises LLC. Concord Bicycle Music acquired a significant stake in the new company and now administers Razor & Tie Music Publishing, provides strategic resources and supports the further expansion of the Kidz Bop brand. Concord Bicycle provides these services through both its publishing division, Bicycle Music, and its recorded music division, Concord Music Group. The rapidly expanding roster includes a variety of both established and developing artists such as The Pretty Reckless, All That Remains, Foreigner, The Sword, and many more. The label also boasts successful kids music artists such as Kidz Bop Kids, Laurie Berkner, and others.
Label Services: Razor & Tie supplies physical and digital distribution to the Broadway Cast Recording label Ghostlight/Sh-K-Boom and the re-issue label Real Gone Records. The company provides distribution and marketing services for artists such as Joan Baez, Suzanne Vega, Corey Smith and The Cowboy Junkies. Cliff Chenfeld and Craig Balsam are also the creators of the hugely successful brand Kidz Bop, which includes the multi-platinum Kidz Bop music series. In addition to artist releases, the label has produced various compilations, greatest hits packages, live DVD specials and soundtracks, including release of the platinum selling soundtrack to the mega-hit film Alvin and The Chipmunks.
Music Publishing: Razor & Tie Music Publishing (RTMP) was established five years ago and has distinguished itself with a focused, proactive approach to multi-media song placement, royalty administration and career development. The company is led by a seasoned and energetic executive team with representatives in New York, Los Angeles and Nashville. RTMP has had several #1 records in various formats including Country and Active Rock.
The chosen candidate will be a keen follower of Warp and our artists, as well as contemporary music and culture in general. They will bring an enhanced West Coast and regional vision to our work, both in the USA and Internationally.
They will have experience of running local promotional activity and events in order to support our artists in LA and beyond. They will be self-starting and an outstanding communicator, with the flexibility to work effectively with people in different locations and time-zones.
The role will report to the Head of North America (based in New York) and collaborate closely with the rest of the New York team (A+R, publicity, national retail, radio, advertising and events).
– Bringing a positive contribution to our projects as part of the North America promo team
– Identifying new local opportunities in the region for our Artists and the Label as a whole
– Operating innovative and effective US-wide regional promotions (local advertising, tour, afterparties, events, advertising, PR, college promo, retail etc)
– Measure and share the results of these promotions
– Represent our Artists when they are in LA and help discover new acts
– Programming local events, shows and parties
If you are interested, please send your resume and a covering letter showing what you can bring to the role to email@example.com with the subject “Warp – Los Angeles application” by 12pm, Sunday 24th January 2016.
Fat Beats is an independent music wholesaler specializing in vinyl distribution. The Production Manager position is based in our Canoga Park, CA headquarters and plays an integral role in multiple operational areas. The ideal candidate will have prior distribution/print production experience, and possess a highly motivated professional demeanor with an eagerness to master all aspects of daily work flow.
– Coordinate the physical production process from cradle to grave
– Schedule and maintain extensive list of multifaceted media projects
– Monitor company catalog inventory and forecast/schedule reorders
– Internal design, responsible for preflighting all incoming projects; confirming submission is ready for print with all predetermined/required specifications
– Ensure timely delivery of art & music within manufacturer deadline.
– Work with the sales team on the strategy for development including retail initiatives, promotional campaigns, social networking, website marketing & more
– Digital asset manager in charge of set up and marketing efforts for all digital content as well as sync opportunities.
– Label outreach & A&R: seek and develop relationships with new artists and labels.
In depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop, Indesign & Illustrator
Familiarity with print production, Vinyl/CD manufacturing and email marketing (MailChimp)
Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Meticulous organization skills
Ability to communicate professionally via phone and email with all internal/external partners
Interested applicants are asked to send their cover letter/resume to Joed@fatbeats.com