- RSS Channel Showcase 1668969
- RSS Channel Showcase 3666084
- RSS Channel Showcase 2881371
- RSS Channel Showcase 3126446
Articles on this Page
- 05/26/16--15:14: _Red Bull Records: P...
- 05/30/16--00:34: _Reply To: Volunteer...
- 06/06/16--12:54: _Reply To: Mack Aven...
- 06/10/16--16:05: _Social Media and Ma...
- 06/15/16--14:21: _Reply To: Social Me...
- 06/17/16--14:25: _Eleven Seven Music ...
- 06/21/16--15:15: _Section 101 Paid In...
- 06/22/16--14:30: _ABKCO Music & R...
- 06/29/16--11:42: _Synch Agency/Music ...
- 06/29/16--12:53: _Caroline Seeks LA-b...
- 07/05/16--12:45: _Anthology / Mexican...
- 07/07/16--12:25: _The Syn: Fall Interns
- 07/08/16--14:22: _A2IM Seeks Brand Pa...
- 07/13/16--08:32: _Eleven Seven Music ...
- 07/19/16--09:15: _Marauder: Fall Medi...
- 07/19/16--14:13: _Director, Sales &am...
- 07/21/16--14:09: _Entertainment One: ...
- 07/21/16--14:13: _Entertainment One: ...
- 07/26/16--10:28: _Social Media Coordi...
- 07/27/16--11:12: _Merge Records seeks...
- 05/26/16--15:14: Red Bull Records: Publicity & Communications Director
- 05/30/16--00:34: Reply To: Volunteers Needed for 2016 Libera Awards!
- 06/17/16--14:25: Eleven Seven Music seeks Social Media Marketing Coordinator
- 06/21/16--15:15: Section 101 Paid Internship
- 06/22/16--14:30: ABKCO Music & Records, Inc. – Licensing Position
- 06/29/16--11:42: Synch Agency/Music Publisher Seeks Senior Director of Licensing
- 06/29/16--12:53: Caroline Seeks LA-based Marketing Manager
- 07/05/16--12:45: Anthology / Mexican Summer: Sales Manager (Books)
- 07/07/16--12:25: The Syn: Fall Interns
- 07/08/16--14:22: A2IM Seeks Brand Partnership Manager
- 07/13/16--08:32: Eleven Seven Music seeks Accounts Receivable Manager
- 07/19/16--09:15: Marauder: Fall Media Relations Intern
- 07/19/16--14:13: Director, Sales & Marketing
- 07/21/16--14:09: Entertainment One: Manager Royalties/Acquired Catalogs
- 07/21/16--14:13: Entertainment One: Sr. Royalties Analyst
- 07/26/16--10:28: Social Media Coordinator – Full Time Job
- 07/27/16--11:12: Merge Records seeks Senior Designer
Job Description & Requirements
Red Bull Records is a full-service independent record label dedicated to long-term artist development, with a diverse roster across a variety of musical genres. We are seeking an experienced music publicist to oversee media campaigns for our recording artists and label. The position will be responsible for managing multiple campaigns and requires a motivated self-starter.
• Create and manage overall PR strategy for each of our recording artists
• Pitch and solicit national and regional press coverage for artists across all media outlets including print, online and TV
• Secure press attendance and coverage at live shows, festivals and events, book press days when band is in market
• Hire and manage relationships with external PR firms where applicable in the US, EU/UK and ROW
• Coordinate all global press requests, schedule phone and email interviews with artists and maintain working knowledge of global press outlets and targets for each campaign
• Write press releases, media alerts and other materials for artists
• Send weekly press reports to internal and external teams
• Oversee company PR strategy and manage corporate PR inquiries and requests
• Manage efforts and synergies with brand communication personnel globally, deliver assets and schedule interviews for various brand verticals, provide monthly label highlights for brand newsletters
• Clear and upload assets to Red Bull’s B2B site, maintain Red Bull Records Media Room
• 5+ years of experience at an agency or record label with strong industry contacts across all media outlets including print, online and TV
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Self-motivated and able to follow through on assigned responsibilities as well as be able to think ahead and utilize problem-solving abilities
• Strong ability to represent company brand
• Some travel is required
• Located in West Hollywood, CA
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience; full benefits
Resumes to: email@example.com
I am interested in volunteering for the 2016 Libera Awards.
Please let me know how I should proceed.
Hi – Ric Sherman here at CDA. I wanted to offer that if by chance you look at moving toward a different solution, where this becomes a part-time function for a current employee, we may be able to support that effort in a productive way. We become an extension of your production department and handle as much as you throw our way. We do this for many labels and even distributors that organize P&D deals for their distributed labels. I’ve tried to connect with Mack Avenue previously- loving the label is one reason. Perhaps this is an opportunity for us both?
Best -Ric Sherman, CDA
8500 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28273
Oversee all social media and domestic online marketing and coordinate with international counterpart in development of assets and time lines
Oversee and update all web sites and related content and liaise with artist management to maintain all artists social platforms
Working with all internal departments including radio, press, marketing, touring and sales
Devise and implement online marketing strategies, along with assisting with traditional marketing goals and agendas
Liaise with all DSP’s to devise and create sales & promotional opportunities for our artists, along with building label profile and relationships
Working with artists to develop playlists, pod cast, and other interesting on line assets
Maintain social media marketing budgets, devise on-line advertising plans and provide analytics and results
Create regular artist’s news letters / email blasts
Interact with distributer for all digital marketing and digital sales needs including set up into operating systems
Update and maintain web shop
Web shop sales (maintain and push catalogue regularly) and come up with new initiatives
Minimum 3-5 years proven experience in music industry and other related fields a must
Must be a team player
Strong project management skills and high attention to detail a must
Excellent verbal communication and writing skills a must
Works well under pressure and can multi-task and juggle several projects at once
Need to be a self-starter and work independently and with the group
Knowledge of established and emerging music and sales platforms a must: including managing social media accounts and relationships e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google Play, Instagram, Snapchat, iTunes, AmazonMP3, Spotify, Apple Music, Reddit, Slacker, Pandora, Vevo, Shazam, Deezer, Rhapsody, Soundcloud, Soundhound,
Minimum two (2) years experience managing and updating website content with Adobe Dreamweaver, WordPress or other related software.
Proficiency in the following software applications and standards: Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, Social Media Dashboards e.g. Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Google docs, Powerpoint, XL, Word etc
Brand experience a plus
Salary and title commensurate with experience
Submit resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org
SECRETLY GROUP is now seeking a DIGITAL MARKETING COORDINATOR. This full time position will be based in one of our US offices (Austin TX, Bloomington IN, Brooklyn NY, Los Angeles CA). This person will work on behalf of the labels Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, and Secretly Canadian.
Ideal candidate should:
Be highly organized
Be a skilled communicator and multi-tasker
Have direct professional experience with a variety of social and new media platforms,
Have professional experience managing digital ad campaigns via Facebook, Google, etc, and relevant tools, including Facebook ads manager and power editor
Experience managing marketing and advertising budgets
Competent at managing responsibilities as part of a team in a fast-paced, intense environment
Perform effectively despite sudden deadlines and changing priorities
Have experience in a professional/office setting,
Be proficient with Mac, Filemaker, Excel, and basic HTML.
Have a basic knowledge of our artists’ work and the ability to comfortably discuss music.
Basic job description:
• Manage social media campaigns and timelines in conjunction with project managers and marketing team.
• Prepare comprehensive demographic and engagement reports for supervisors and artist representatives
• Lead social media marketing initiatives.
• Plan and oversee execution of digital advertising campaigns.
• Advise Project Managers on the latest market trends to maximize the effectiveness of artist accounts.
• Analyze data in an effort to increase traffic and engagement on key channels and platforms.
• Manage label social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Email Newsletters, etc) and label blogs
• Liaise with project managers, publicists, and radio staff to prepare assets for premieres and press releases.
Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
Paid vacation days
The Social Media Marketing Coordinator will execute Social Media, CRM, and Content Strategy for Eleven Seven labels and artists, and collaborate to develop creative campaigns within a dynamic company. They will work closely with the heads of marketing, digital strategy, retail and promotion and use analytics to pitch and execute creative campaigns on behalf of Eleven Seven. Label artists include Sixx:A.M., HELLYEAH, Papa Roach, From Ashes to New, Dirty Heads, and many more hard rock, rock, and alternative artists. This is a Full-Time position in our NYC office.
● Contribute to overall social strategy including media, content, community management, moderation, and analytics
● Manage day-to-day editorial and content calendars for all social channels across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat, Eleven Seven and client socials
● Monitor trends happening daily across social media channels and the music landscape
● Facilitate online conversations and events to make sure content is engaging and relevant
● Liaise with all Digital Platforms such as Pandora, Shazam, Musical.ly, Facebook, Twitter, etc to set up promotions and campaigns
● Engage and motivate online influencers
● Track, report and analyze social campaigns against business goals, objectives and key performance indicators
● Identify, recommend and execute improvements for optimizing social strategies and platforms
● Recommend and work with the Advertising department to execute social media buying, and fan acquisition campaigns for both internal and client based accounts
● Follow sales and marketing drivers to ensure that all CRM campaigns are comprehensive and engage the subscriber base effectively
● Work with the Creative Services department to design engaging blasts
● Responsible for reporting, optimization and re-targeting of all blasts
● Work on development and growth of our CRM database
● Manage artist newsletter lists
● Experience in the digital marketing space
● Proficient with standard photo and video editing software, content management tools and social media management/scheduling systems
● Experience writing project proposals, execution, and reporting of such campaigns
● Excellent editorial skills and proven success writing for, engaging and growing social channels
● Strong command of social monitoring and reporting tools
● Ability to thrive while working both independently and collaboratively
● Ability to quickly adapt to emerging trends, interest in emerging technology and social development
● Ambitious and entrepreneurial with the ability to wear many hats and thrive in a fast paced environment
● Strong passion for social media, new technology, and music.
Please email resume to HarrisM@10thst.com
Section 101 Paid Internship
Start Date: Immediately
Term: Minimum 6 Weeks
Summary: Innovative, fast growing company bridging the music, entertainment and technology industries is looking for motivated, self-starter. Work with a team that is at the heart of helping artists and entertainers navigate the digital media business transformation. The Client Services Internship allows you to gain business and marketing skills, while having a front row seat in the evolution of the music business.
The internship will involve any of the following types of work, under guidance of the Client Services Team:
– Assist with client content uploads, data entry and website creation
– Provide daily customer support
– Assist in client website stats analysis
– Assist with website build and train
– Assist with company marketing and communications activities
– General day-to-day business and administrative support
Desired Skills & Experience:
– Excellent communication skills (you’ll be interacting w/ well-known clients!)
– Strong organizational, analytical & presentation skills
– Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
– Passion for music and/or technology
– Experience with building websites is a plus
– Digital and Social Media savvy
To apply for this job, email: YourBrand@Section101.com – DO NOT CALL! Include your resume and cover letter as an attachment. Subject should read: Client Services Internship
Company Description Section 101 delivers a dynamic web-based platform that provides simple and effective solutions for music and entertainment brands to manage and maximize their online presence. Our leading edge platform enables clients to create beautiful, personalized websites that are easy to use, while providing a powerful suite of integrated tools designed to organize and leverage their fan base across a growing number of online and social channels.
Our platform offers a high degree of creative customization, flexibility and helps clients organize and leverage their fan base via effective social media and e-commerce integration, email management and delivery, insightful analytics and reporting, and many other great features. See http://section101.com for more details.
Clients Include: Pentatonix, Robert DeLong, Duran Duran, Aimee Mann, Caroline Distribution, musicFIRST Coalition, HITS Daily Double, Kina Grannis, and many others!
ABKCO currently has an exciting position available as Licensing Position. If you are an energetic and dynamic individual who takes initiative and is a team player this position is for you. You will be part of the company’s Licensing Department which is responsible for licensing of compositions and masters in all media Worldwide.
* Sync Liaison – Issuing Quotes and Licenses Worldwide for Compositions and Masters
*Draft and send Synchronization licenses and invoices
*Maintain positive relationships with licensing clients, reps and artists
*Prepare quarterly reports on global licensing activity
*Management of outstanding invoices and licenses
*Special projects as requested
*Help as a team player with entire department as needed
*Miscellaneous administrative responsibilities
*Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects
*Ability to meet deadlines
*Ability to work independently and take initiative
*Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
*Professional demeanor in dealing with people and clients
*Positive attitude, good communication skills and enthusiastic team spirit
*2-3 years specifically in Sync and/or Mechanical Licensing
ABKCO Music and Records is a leading independent entertainment companies whose music publishing, record and film divisions are one of the most licensed properties in the world. ABKCO offers competitive salaries and benefit packages for all employees including 401k, exceptional healthcare and health club memberships.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Fine Gold Music is hiring a new team member. Candidates should have some established relationships with music supers in TV or trailer houses or ad agencies. We are based on Union Square, Manhattan but would also consider someone in LA. Compensation is consummate to experience. Please email cover letter, resume and three references to owner Jonathan@finegoldmusic.com No calls please. Thanks!
Universal Music Group is looking for a Manager of Marketing to be a part of the Caroline/Capitol Marketing Team located in Hollywood, CA who will oversee and direct all aspects of day-to-day marketing and will partner with our label partners and artists to develop marketing campaigns and strategize the best course to market for their releases. This role will work in tandem with the various departments under the direction of the SVP, Marketing & Commercial.
Anthology Editions, an imprint of Mexican Summer, is seeking a full time Sales Manager to develop and implement both direct-to-consumer and retail sales and marketing strategies for the Anthology Editions books and music imprint. Sales Manager will report to Sales Director and work in tandem with the Anthology Editions Project Manager to roll out sales initiatives, liaise with distributors, and accounts.
* Develop and implement direct to consumer sales strategy and online marketing initiatives
* Establish connections to specialized retail doors, and introduce new product lines to existing retail partners
* Create sales and marketing collateral (EPK, sales sheets, newsletters) to solicit Editions titles to specialized retail
* Work closely with all channels of distribution to ensure titles are set up and sales teams are well informed
* Manage international D2C and retail campaigns on all sales platforms
* Work closely with production, marketing and sales teams
Requirements: At least 3 years specialized book sales, distribution and/or marketing experience is a must.
Location: Weehawken, NJ
The Syndicate is an independent entertainment marketing agency based in Weehawken, New Jersey. We offer a wide range of marketing and promotional services within the music, comedy and publishing sectors, including radio promotion, street marketing, publicity, event planning, and digital design. Additionally, The Syndicate operates two online properties: http://www.metalinsider.net, which features metal music news and analysis, as well as http://www.thelaughbutton.com, for all things comedy.
Each semester The Syndicate recruits qualified, eager candidates to join our competitive and dynamic internship program. This position offers students the opportunity to gain real-world working experience, as well as exposure to the many facets of the entertainment industry.
As we are primarily a marketing and promotion firm, candidates with excellent writing, communication and digital design skills are strongly encouraged to apply. Interns will receive a $15/day travel stipend.
Must have strong interest in music, comedy, entertainment, lifestyle trends, and pop-culture
Must be able to earn college credit
Must be able to commit to being in the office from 10am-6pm, 2-3 days per week
Very strong writing and communication skills
Ability to multi-task and take direction in a fast-paced environment
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to navigate the internet for research purposes
Working knowledge of current social media platforms
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Photoshop. Additional computer and software knowledge is always a plus!
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE COMPANY: The American Association of Independent Music (A2IM) is a trade group representing Independently owned recorded music companies. Independently owned labels comprise all genres of music, and more than a third of all recorded music in the United States, including major stars such as Taylor Swift, Alabama Shakes, the Lumineers, and Paul McCartney. A2IM is uniquely positioned to serve as a central voice for a diverse community of Independent labels operating within the United States. A2IM represents members’ interests in the marketplace, in the media, on Capitol Hill, and as part of the global music community.
LOCATION: A2IM’s headquarters offices in New York, NY
Responsibilities: The Brand Partnership position will be responsible for developing and executing A2IM’s brand partnership strategies through all outlets to increase revenue and impact for the organization and its members.
Specific Duties Include:
• Increasing A2IM’s revenues by creating opportunities with brands for A2IM and its members.
• Bringing added value to members and thus attracting new members by offering brand partnership opportunities with valuable services, products, and/or revenue to A2IM’s members.
• Developing creative plans aligned with A2IM’s vision and mission
• Developing a unique selling proposition for A2IM
• Elevating awareness of the Independent music community in advertising, media, and marketing worlds so that Independent artists and musicians enjoy parity in brand partnerships
• Developing and maintaining long-term relationships with industry-facing and consumer-facing brands and media and marketing agencies in order to better facilitate and negotiate sponsorships / partnerships for A2IM members and future A2IM events.
• Research, identify, pursue, and close new revenue generating opportunities
• Brand A2IM’s events and ensure that execution meets or exceeds best practices
• Coordinate information flows with members, board members, and staff
• Some travel required
• Other duties as required
Required Skills and Experience
• Deep brand partnership experience, with knowledge of best practices and a broad network of industry contacts appropriate for music and tech companies
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
• Comprehensive understanding of the music industry and particularly independent labels’ issues
• The drive to go above and beyond to deliver world-class service for our members
• Experienced and skilled in communicating to all industries
• Highly organized, detailed, and accurate
• Effective prioritization, time and project management skills
• Innovative thinker
• Ability to work independently yet collaborate and communicate with all stakeholders
Job Type: Full-time
A2IM is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Salary and job title commensurate with experience
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to A2IMBPJob@gmail.com
Eleven Seven Music/10th Street Entertainment is seeking an Accounts Receivable Manager with 1 – 2 years of experience to join its team in the New York office. This role will report directly to the Controller and will work closely with the finance team along with other department heads. Under the record label and management company are various artists including Nelly Furtado, Sixx:A.M., Hellyeah, Nothing More, Papa Roach, Rooney, From Ashes To New, Dirty Heads, Macy Gray, Escape The Fate, and other hard rock and alternative artists. The company offers great employee benefits.
• Must be a self-starter
• Must be well organized and be able to meet deadlines
• Must have great communication skills both on the phone, email and in person
• Must be an expert in excel, including knowledge of V-Look up functions and Pivot Tables
• Must have 1 to 2 years of experience in an A/R or accounting/finance role
• Experience with Sage software a plus
• Have a willingness to learn and grow within the company
• Most importantly, have a great work ethic and attitude
• Oversee accounts receivable process, issue invoices
• Track all income sources and make collection calls
• Update artist touring guarantees and overages
• Communicate with business managers and distributors
• Assemble weekly, monthly, and annual reports
• Assist with annual audits and year end close
• Assist CFO and Controller with ad-hock projects
• Analyze distribution statements and other data sets in excel
Email Resume to: HarrisM@10thst.com
Media Relations Intern – Fall 2016
Marauder is interviewing potential media relations interns for this coming fall 2016 semester. This is a paid internship. Even so, applicants must also be able to receive school credit. Potential interns must be able to commit to a minimum of two full days a week in Marauder’s Manhattan office, from the end of August through December. This position includes media research, assistance with client press reports, some media/radio outreach, and a fair amount of tolerating bad jokes. Knowledge of radio and press outlets is a plus.
Daily tasks include:
• Researching outlets and journalists for media coverage
• Updating client reports
• Small blog media outreach
• Drafting and monitoring press releases via Campaign Monitor
• Creating and maintaining client profiles via StoryAmp
• Researching social media and online coverage of current projects
• Maintaining Marauder Spotify playlists
• Online research for new and potential clients
Marauder’s media clients include independent artists, conferences, and organizations from around the world. Candidates with an interest in both new music and the international community will be highly favored.
Interested applicants should send a resume to email@example.com. Resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter detailing what one would hope to achieve out of the internship.
Job Description/ Responsibilities:
Collaborate with the labels and accounts, create, present, and execute sales/marketing plans to achieve specific goals with regard to new releases and catalog.
Work with independent / national retailers to increase sales potential through The Shop accounts and national field staff with releases marketing and promotional drivers.
Maintain coalition relationships with ADA (CIMS, AIMS & MMN) including working with WEA/ADA Advertising department, Independent sales team and pricing controls on set ups.
Provide consistent communication on developments at the accounts to the ADA label base
Work with WMG Sales Analysis to conduct ongoing analysis of product forecasts and sales.
Balance customer and retail goals with those of distribution and labels in a way that maximizes profitability and long-term objectives.
Direct supply chain management on product allocations and physical pipeline management.
Manage all ADA/Amazon interests in conjunction with the WEA/ADA Amazon Account Mgmt. team
Thorough and proactive supervision of solicitation/release process including but not limited to: monthly nomination grids, preorders, orders, title set up on site and digital delivery of all ADA title
Identify and present titles/opportunities for Amazon Prime, Front Row and other incremental merchandising programs.
Work with labels on execution and delivery of assets.
Build and maintain strong relationships with ADA label base, ADA internal staff, WEA/ADA account mgmt. team and Amazon.
Monitor and communicate account changes and trends to ADA upper staff and label management team.
Participate and present at monthly and quarterly Amazon meetings and presentations.
5+ years sales experience in Sales & Marketing
Experience working with independent labels or distribution
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to multi-task on multiple projects.
Working Knowledge of Soundscan and other sales reporting tools.
Ability to work under pressure, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines
Strong analytical and negotiation skills
College Degree preferred
Entertainment One is looking for motivated professionals to join our Royalties team!
Manager Royalties – Acquired Catalogs
The Royalty Manager Acquired Catalogs handles the artist and mechanical royalty processes of the eOne acquired catalogs: currently Death Row Records, Last Gang, and eOne Music Canada. Daily tasks would include, but not limited to, collection of album data, song research, contract review in relation to royalties, data input, statement generation, and payment distribution. Additionally, the individual will assist in other department processes and work regularly with all other members both in and outside the royalty department as needed including audits and special projects.
All necessary tasks relating to acquired catalogs/companies, currently Death Row, Last Gang, Canadian label.
Issue statements to CMRRA.
Input of data and maintenance of the appropriate royalty systems.
Ingestion of Foreign Licenses into royalty system.
Ensure that contracts, label copies, and all necessary album data are provided to department.
Review contracts and interpret clauses related to royalties for input into royalty systems.
Generate, review and issue artist and mechanical statements/payments.
Prepare supporting schedules.
Conduct/attend regular department meetings.
Ensure all department logs and reports are maintained.
Gathering and analyzing data for audit and other research projects.
Handles day to day inquires.
Special projects as needed.
At least four years in a similar capacity
Excellent organization and communication skills
Excellent computer literacy, knowledge of Word and Excel
Strong figure aptitude
Knowledge of Music Industry a must
Proven supervisory experience
Entertainment One is looking for motivated professionals to join our Royalties team!
Sr. Royalties Analyst
The Senior Royalty Analyst handles the mechanical licensing and royalty statement process including, but not limited to, song research, contract review in relation to royalties, data input, statement generation, and payment distribution. He or she will also submit copyright registrations with the U.S. Copyright Department for our in-house products. Additionally, the individual will assist in other department processes such as artist and music publishing statement generation, third party income processing, and work regularly with all other members both in and outside the royalty department as needed including audits and special projects.
Responsible for maintaining integrity of the royalty systems
Review contracts and interpret clauses related to royalties
Input royalty information into the various royalty systems
Work with A&R in the receipt of supporting materials of album releases
Request and issue mechanical licenses
Generate, review and issue mechanical statements/payments
Assist in the preparation of artist statements/payments
Compile and distribute in-house music publishing statements and payments
Input of copyright registrations with US Copyright Office
Third party receipts and statements processing
Prepare, update, and review supporting schedules
Handle day to day inquiries
Gather and analyzes data for audits and other research projects
Assist Director Royalties and Manager Royalties as needed
Special projects as needed
At least 1 – 2 years experience in a similar capacity
Excellent organization and communication skills
Computer literate, knowledge of Word and Excel
Excellent figure aptitude
Knowledge of music industry a big plus
Social Media Coordinator – Full Time Job
We are looking for a new person to add to our growing team and it could be you! If you love our bands, have the know how, and feel like we would be crazy to not hire you, we hope you will apply right away! This is a great role for someone with a graphic design background and a year of industry experience. Please email with your resume, a little bit about yourself and any examples of what you can do.
You will be doing anything you can to help Hopeless Records and our artists while upholding our company principles. Specifically you will be a member of our marketing department focusing on social media and online content:
• Manage social media content/communities, email marketing, and web properties.
• Create & execute social media marketing plans for all album & single releases, contests and special events.
• Create digital marketing assets including promotional copy, graphics & short videos.
• Track, analyze and communicate social & web analytics.
• Assist marketing department in day to day operations.
• Event coordination and tour marketing.
Requirements (Sorry if you don’t meet these this is not the job for you)
• Be responsible, trustworthy, friendly and uphold our company principles at all times.
• Have a knowledge and love of our bands and our larger music community.
• Strong knowledge of all major social media platforms.
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, video editing software, Microsoft Office, and Google Drive.
• At least 18 years old and a High School graduate. College degree a plus.
• Able to work in Van Nuys, CA (Near Los Angeles).
• Prior industry experience a plus, including relevant internships.
• Resumes will only be considered if they include examples or links to previous work
Merge Records is an independent record label, founded in 1989. We release 40 or more albums, CDs and vinyl records per year, from bands all over the world and with worldwide distribution. We are looking for an experienced senior designer for our Durham, NC office.
For consideration, please send a resume including a link to your portfolio along with a cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. An online portfolio must accompany resume and cover letter. No phone calls, please. Submission deadline is August 19, 2016.
● Execute a wide range of creative needs from concept to completion for album-specific designs, including CD & LP packaging, marketing materials, billboards, web & social media images, and promotional items.
● Responsible for creating a unified look for the label, including all branding elements: web, socials, promotional materials and environmental graphics for special events.
● Work directly with artist/band to determine concepts, packaging formats, text, timeline, budget, and expectations.
● Work with creative team to define strategy, process, budgets, and timelines, for various projects and provide creative feedback on all creative elements.
● Obtain source/commission for original imagery and help procure permission or licensing.
● Work directly with our artists and design team to ensure that all creative elements are designed to our standard, compliant with technical specifications, delivered on time and within budget.
● Help create and design Merge-branded merchandise including promotional items, samplers, newsletters, banners, special projects, and seasonal campaigns.
● Help oversee and direct design changes for website.
● At least 5 years of relevant experience in graphic design is required.
● Familiarity with web design and HTML.
● BA or equivalent in Design.
● Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud applications (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
● Must possess expert typography skills.
● Must independently & effectively manage multiple, concurrent projects and deadlines without compromising quality.
● Proven strong communication skills and organizational skills are essential.
● Ability to take creative direction, share new ideas and pay close attention to details.
● Minimum of two-year commitment required.